PDA

View Full Version : 2009 race schedule

mbohn
November 1st, 2008, 07:24 AM
The double header at MPH is listed as 5/23 and 24. Shouldn't 5/25 be included?

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=7613

The GECCO
November 1st, 2008, 09:51 AM
For consistencies sake I just listed the relevant weekend, but I'll edit it

DingleBerns
November 1st, 2008, 04:00 PM
and glenn I want my sandwich without mayo please!

racedk6
November 1st, 2008, 07:31 PM
Are we still gonna run the same races on the same days like this past season? Like most novice races on sat.?

cromer611
November 1st, 2008, 11:35 PM
i hope novice is moved to sun.

racedk6
November 2nd, 2008, 01:10 AM
i hope novice is moved to sun.

Dude me too. Being on a 1000 leaves me with no choices for classes on sunday.

I already asked my boss for the race saturdays off and there is no way thats happening.

I think they should move them to sundays for the fact that almost everybody has sundays off.

loujr
November 2nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
AMO is on sunday!!!!!! I like it the way it is....well maybe AMO could be a little ealier in the day...

cromer611
November 2nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
AMO is on sunday!!!!!! I like it the way it is....well maybe AMO could be a little ealier in the day...

nov and am classes on sunday *wink*

oldtimer
November 2nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
I like the current format, it spreads the classes out better. Keep it the way it is. :D

loujr
November 2nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
I like having the two day format the way it is....gives me an excuse to be away the whole weekend...not just one day!

racedk6
November 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM

nov and am classes on sunday *wink*

+1 million :wink:

615HereICome
November 3rd, 2008, 08:46 AM
Agreeing with Grubbs on this one as well.... No way i can get saturdays off, Nov and Am on Sundays!!! :D

T Baggins
November 3rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
Rather unlikely that we'll change the schedule for 2009. It was well received by MOST - and we need to try to get some consistency from one year to the next.

racedk6
November 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Well thats a bummer... from my understanding. Almost all the classes on Sunday are expert classes. I am pretty limited as to riding a 1000 and wouldnt be able to race in those classes till I finish top ten in novice.

If this is the case Im pretty much screwed for racing then..

DingleBerns
November 3rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Well thats a bummer... from my understanding. Almost all the classes on Sunday are expert classes. I am pretty limited as to riding a 1000 and wouldnt be able to race in those classes till I finish top ten in novice.

talk to Mark S (new rider director)

dingle

T Baggins
November 3rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Amateur GTO runs on Sunday too, as does Sportsman. There's two classes right there. Depending on what year the 1000 is, it could also become eligible for Modern Vintage GTO.

Also, you need only run 3 race weekends to petition to move up to Expert. If you are safe, skilled, and at least reasonably quick - the new rider director can move you up mid season and then you'd have lots of other choices.

The Top Ten in Novice rule is that you MUST move up to Expert if you finish in the top ten. Nothing says you can't move up sooner if you want.

Also, now that the race schedule is public - could you not request at least a few of those saturday's off?

Don't give up just yet... there's way too much fun to be had out there.

dragos13
November 3rd, 2008, 03:55 PM

As a Novice on a liter bike, you are limited to AmGTO for sunday.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5398

racedk6
November 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Even if I switched to a 600 it looks like Im only gonna be able to do 2 classes on sunday

marty
November 3rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
Even if I switched to a 600 it looks like Im only gonna be able to do 2 classes on sunday

you could always get a 125 :lol: you could run amo, amu, twin u, if 99 and older mvgtu, and colorado class

racedk6
November 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
Amateur GTO runs on Sunday too, as does Sportsman. There's two classes right there. Depending on what year the 1000 is, it could also become eligible for Modern Vintage GTO.

Also, you need only run 3 race weekends to petition to move up to Expert. If you are safe, skilled, and at least reasonably quick - the new rider director can move you up mid season and then you'd have lots of other choices.

The Top Ten in Novice rule is that you MUST move up to Expert if you finish in the top ten. Nothing says you can't move up sooner if you want.

Also, now that the race schedule is public - could you not request at least a few of those saturday's off?

Don't give up just yet... there's way too much fun to be had out there.

I appreciate the effort but yeah I pretty much got shut down on getting the days off even if I tried putting them in as vacation time. Its busy season so Im screwed.

There is no way I am going to go down just for one race on sunday unless I can show up at lunch and not do the riders meeting which we know wont happen.

I cant run sportsman because my lap times are faster then whats required.

T Baggins
November 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
If you do it at the first three races, and you ride decent, you could move up to Expert and then run several classes on Sunday.

Race #1 at Pueblo - suck it up and run AMO and Sportsman. If you're too fast for Sportsman, they'll just disqualify you after the race. So what? - at least you got some track time.

Also, race #2 & 3 is a double-header at MPH in Hastings. You could come out after work on Saturday night - run AMO and NOV O on Sunday, then AMO again on Monday.

Petition to move to Expert after race #3 and you're good to go for the rest of the season.

Easy, see. :D

polar x
November 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
If you do it at the first three races, and you ride decent, you could move up to Expert and then run several classes on Sunday.

Race #1 at Pueblo - suck it up and run AMO and Sportsman. If you're too fast for Sportsman, they'll just disqualify you after the race. So what? - at least you got some track time.

Also, race #2 & 3 is a double-header at MPH in Hastings. You could come out after work on Saturday night - run AMO and NOV O on Sunday, then AMO again on Monday.

Petition to move to Expert after race #3 and you're good to go for the rest of the season.

The almighty EFFEN VP has spoke. And that is exactly what I did my first year. Come on down for a couple sundays and ask mark to watch you, then if you make the grade ( ain't hard, :roll: hell I did it) then move up and enter all the races you want except RORO. I hope your bike is SS legal, that opens up 3 races for you, maybe 4 if its old enough.

615HereICome
November 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
I understand that the schedule is already made but it would be nice to see if we could possibly take a vote about this.. I know of at least 6 people who work in a dealership or other jobs that dont allow them to have saturdays off and only sunday. I am one of those people and wish i would be able to do nov but if there was already a vote i apologize for this post.

JenJen
November 3rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Has already been discussed! :D

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=7098

racedk6
November 3rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
We'll see what I can work out I actually wanted to try and gather points through out the year in Nov and AmO. and get a good years worth of racing before I jumped into the expert class.

But making the event out in hastings is going to be a BIG if...

615HereICome
November 3rd, 2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks JenJen!

kfm61
November 3rd, 2008, 07:58 PM
I understand that the schedule is already made but it would be nice to see if we could possibly take a vote about this.. I know of at least 6 people who work in a dealership or other jobs that dont allow them to have saturdays off and only sunday. I am one of those people and wish i would be able to do nov but if there was already a vote i apologize for this post.

Hey Phil,

There has always been a bunch of us who work on Saturdays. Suck it up, come race with us on Sundays again! The way you're improving, you should be getting that R6 around my Thruxton in the next couple of races! I would think you will be fast enough to get kick out of Sportsman by the first race next season!

JimWilson29
November 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM

The almighty EFFEN VP has spoke. And that is exactly what I did my first year. Come on down for a couple sundays and ask mark to watch you, then if you make the grade ( ain't hard, :roll: hell I did it) then move up and enter all the races you want except RORO. I hope your bike is SS legal, that opens up 3 races for you, maybe 4 if its old enough.

Grubbs has already come out and raced with us and Mark has already seen him ride. I'm sure if he keeps working hard he could move up to expert like you guys are suggesting. He just likes to complain about everything, that's all. :lol: His bike is an '06 and SS legal and I still managed to finish right behind you on it in ROR in Race#9 on it. :D

T Baggins
November 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Oh good, another complainer. Just what this club needs... :lol:

Scored51
November 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM

If it weren't for the complainers to fuel your wit, I fear your sarcasm would be lost Mr. VP. 00--00

kfm61
November 4th, 2008, 10:21 AM

Ha Ha Ha!!

Phil, your response to this?

It is true, we all should help keep Toni's wit sharp. I help whenever I can!

polar x
November 4th, 2008, 12:54 PM
If it weren't for the complainers to fuel your wit, I fear your sarcasm would be lost Mr. VP. 00--00

That has to be the BEST response anyone could have come up with. BRAVO

T Baggins
November 4th, 2008, 01:21 PM
=D>

racedk6
November 4th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I think I'll just sack up and get a 600 to race next year. Then most of my problems will be solved

Ray-Ray
November 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I think I'll just sack up and get a 600 to race next year. Then most of my problems will be solved

How about an SV? I just happen to know where you can get one!!

615HereICome
November 4th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Well Kevin i dont have a response :D ... I just started no need to get sassy with anyone.. I have you and grubbs for that :lol: [/list]

Throttleroller277
November 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM

I know where you can get an R6. 8)

cromer611
November 4th, 2008, 06:39 PM
well if novice is still on saturday. I need peeps to call and bother my boss (Rick Grosse) to give me race day off : ) 303-755-1043 extention 3
GETEM!!!

cuz i dont wanna have to quit and go work at .... discount tire or somethin. :twisted: [/b]

loujr
November 4th, 2008, 06:40 PM
If you do need to go work at Discount Tire...I can hook you up!!! I know peeps....but I will try to bug Rick first!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

racedk6
November 4th, 2008, 06:59 PM

you sellin that too?

JenJen
November 5th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Mr. Cromer I would be very careful about having other people get involved with this!! I know my husband and he is Stubborn!!!! If I were you I would request all the weekends off and NOT ask for a day off during the week and NO VACATION!! If u start something that you can't handle you will have me to deal with!! :twisted: :twisted: You think he is bad I'm just plain evil!!!! You must also think of the fact that he doesn't get Saturdays so how is it fair for the boss to give you the day off when he too would like to be at the track every Saturday!!!!!! :p

Tell your wife I said Hello!!!! :D

Throttleroller277
November 5th, 2008, 04:17 PM

you sellin that too?

One of them. 8)

cromer611
November 5th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Mr. Cromer I would be very careful about having other people get involved with this!! I know my husband and he is Stubborn!!!! If I were you I would request all the weekends off and NOT ask for a day off during the week and NO VACATION!! If u start something that you can't handle you will have me to deal with!! :twisted: :twisted: You think he is bad I'm just plain evil!!!! You must also think of the fact that he doesn't get Saturdays so how is it fair for the boss to give you the day off when he too would like to be at the track every Saturday!!!!!! :p

Tell your wife I said Hello!!!! :D

she says hi : )

mtrain
November 27th, 2008, 07:54 PM
call in sick.......then don't get hurt.