PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mark S!!

dave.gallant
October 22nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
I saw this picture today and made me think of you:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/crowbar/oct08/20070512-%C2%A9D&W-Images-0611-Edit.htm

(When men were men and bikes were mean!)

Jon
October 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
damn that's a pretty classic shot of Kipper and his YZF on hos way to giving Yamaha the 750 Supersport title in what like 97? Come on you old guys help this old guy remember. I remember the bike I remember the title I just don't rememeber the frigging year! Or apairently how to spell

Vanmar Racing
October 22nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
The cool part was that we were there, at Mid Ohio, the day Dale Quarterly beat the factory riders. He rode down the dirt on the side of the track, on the gas and got the win. He was one happy guy!

oldtimer
October 23rd, 2008, 08:15 AM
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sponsorship, I remember that.

Vanmar Racing
October 23rd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Somewhere I have picture of Dale from that day.

a couple of years later we gave him a ride to the airport from Laguna Seca.
He got in our van and looked at the clock and said F**K! Is that the time?. I am gonna be F**king Late for my F**king flight!!!
He was all upset!!!
We hauled ass to the airport, he jumped out of our van running to catch his flight, and then we realized that our clock was on Colorado time!!!

We laughed and laughed about that!!!

Spicee Brown
October 23rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
I remember when Quarterley was runnin' aroung MOROSO motorsports park on a TESI Bimota..what a freak of a bike that was. What was cool about Quarter is he was so friggin BIG. Like Fritz Kling Big ( RIP.) That New England accent was pretty thick, too!

..got some old pics from Moroso I should show you guys..Like Robbie petersen and Rich Oliver on the Marlboro 500 GP bike, Al Salaverria, Kieth Code..Donnie Green. Of course Donnie Jacks was HUGE there, and Jamie Bowman was a friend of mine.. Two great kids that had their life cut short. Wish they were still here.
On a Happy note, Got the DVD today, Thanks Mark and Tammy!
Dave

dave.gallant
October 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Post up pics of Oliver on the 500. He is a personal hero of mine. :)

Vanmar Racing
October 23rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
Here's a picture that was taken in turn 1 at Daytona 1992

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Kawasaki rider Dale Quarterley, followed by Vanmar Racing's Mark Schellinger and we think the third rider may be Tripp Nobles.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2a0hqph.jpg

dave.gallant
October 23rd, 2008, 08:03 PM
Post up the cool one of Mark with the back stepped out a little while hard on the brakes. Think it was the blue paint scheme, but might have been the red/yellow era???

vonconcepts.com
October 26th, 2008, 08:42 PM
This is fun thread - but man it makes you feel old. Seeing pics of folks you met, hung out with, or competed against --- under the term "VINTAGE". :oops:

I miss the old beastly 500 days when Rainey and Schwantz went at it.