PDA

View Full Version : Info for the Celebration of Life for Paula Hjelm

jhjelm130
October 20th, 2008, 06:27 AM
A Celebration of the life of Paula Hjelm.
When: November 8th 2008 between 12:00pm and 7:00 pm (stay as long as you want)
Where: Bel Mar Park if the weather is nice enough or in the clubhouse of the Second Villa West Townhomes (I can get you a map).
What: We will provide the spaghetti dinner to feed anyone that shows up. Bring your own drink and a side dish or dessert if you wish but not a must. Kids are more than welcome.
Tell and/or bring anyone that you think would want to come or even if they just look like they need a meal. All we ask is that you just let us know about how many (nothing exact) will be coming by November first so we can get an idea on how much to prepare. Email me at jhjelm130@comcast.net.
History of the spaghetti dinner: Paula and I had some of our best times together during the Motorcycle Roadracing Association’s Steamboat Springs Mountain Roadraces during the late 80’s and early 90’s. We started by trying to show the corner workers and staff that we appreciate what they did for the racers. Paula came up with the idea of feeding them dinner one night to try and save them a little money over the expensive weekend. The first year we each invited a few “extra” people without telling the other how many until everyone started showing up. Needless to say we had way too many people and not enough food. The next year we were prepared and just invited everyone in the pits to the Hjelm’s condo for a spaghetti dinner. We made this an annual event for something like eight years. I think at the end we were feeding around two hundred people on those Saturday nights. Because of these events we have met some of the best friends a person could ask for. Hence we feel this is the best way to remember her since she was set against any type of service that would bring people down.

Thank You!
John & Kory