PDA

View Full Version : Rule change schedule for 2009 - Rule Committee date & ti

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 19th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Here are the significant dates for the 2009 rule change process

Oct 26 - last day to submit rule change proposals on R&T forum or via email to me or Ray. No new proposals after this date.
Oct 27-Nov 9 - Discussions & refinement of proposals via R&T forum. I will summarize the changes during this period.
Nov 10 - Final rule proposals summarized. These will set the agenda for the rules change committee
Nov 22, noon-5pm - Rule Change Committee meeting at The Walnut Room - same venue as the General Meeting.
Dec 8 - Change suggestions ratified @ MRA board meeting
Dec 9 - Final rule changes posted to R&T forum. A printed version will be sent out with the license applications in the spring.

Let me know if you have any questions either here or via pm. Thanks!

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
November 22nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
Just a reminder

The rule committee is meeting today at noon at the Walnut Room.

Jon
December 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM
So is whomever requested rain tires in supersport going to be happy? Are all the folks who spent the better part of ten pages worth of bandwidth going to spend another ten bitching about the first ten. Is Obama going to raise taxes, Last but not least, are we going to see the new rules prior to the race license applications going out. I'm dying to see so post up Jimbo and let us know. Not that I care or I would attend these meetings but I still love reading then scatching my head over how the sam hell one's going to tell if you've got a ported, polished and blueprinted head for a Supersport class! It's the damn windscreen that makes all the difference after all!

Jon
December 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Any idea when the license applications are to go out?

T Baggins
December 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Rains were approved for supersport.

License packets will go out in January.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
December 13th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Last but not least, are we going to see the new rules prior to the race license applications going out. I'm dying to see so post up Jimbo and let us know.

Jon & everyone - I'm a sluggo - I've got most of the rule changes cooked up and almost ready to go, but the board needs to close on a couple to make sure we're not doing the wrong thing. I'm going to work on them today & tomorrow and hopefully have the stamps of approval this week.

But the rains in supersport are a slam dunk approval.

Jon
December 13th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Yo Jimbo,
I was just wanting to make sure I was cleared to race my 1098 R in Heavyweight Supersport.... with rains......if I needed to. Merry Christmas!

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
December 13th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Yo Jimbo,
I was just wanting to make sure I was cleared to race my 1098 R in Heavyweight Supersport.... with rains......if I needed to. Merry Christmas!
Sorry, no. The four stroke twin limit for heavyweight classes has been bumped from 1000cc to 1125cc (the 1098R is really 1198cc). Nobody thought that the 1098R was fair competition to 750cc bikes - especially in supersport config.

Sorry to be the scrooge for your holiday plans.

Jon
December 14th, 2008, 11:30 AM
That was totally a joke, I wasn't actually the one who made the proposal or any proposals for that matter, to have the 1098,1198 or any other Ducati inducted back in heavyweight classes, especially supersport ones.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
December 21st, 2008, 10:20 PM
I am new to Colorado and would like to get on the list for a license application.

T Baggins
December 22nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
They'll be available on the website here in a week or so, you can print and download them from there.

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=forms_downloads

If you have a current license from another organization, you should be good to go. Otherwise you'll need to take a race school in April.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
December 22nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
I have my license from racing in Europe. I was told by Tammy it will work.

T Baggins
December 22nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
That should be fine.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
December 22nd, 2008, 10:50 AM
T Baggins

How did youget so many sponsers? As seeing I am new here and need to get my bike uptopar for MRA and not DMSB in Germany how do I go about getting sponsers over here? Also do you know of anyone who can dyno my bike in the Springs and help with the safety wiring? Also is there anything wierd I need to know about applying for my license over here?

T Baggins
December 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Almost all of the sponsors I have listed are "pay for performance" sponsors. So, I have to use their products, carry their stickers on my bike - AND finish in the top 3-5 spots in order to get paid. If I don't do well, I don't get any support. Anybody in our club can take advantage of these types of sponsors. You need to check the contingency page and figure out which products to run, in your specific classes, and then do well.

The others support me (either in better service, or discount on parts) because I support them and have done so for many years. I've been racing with the MRA since 1990, so pretty everyone knows me by now.

I'm not sure who in the Springs has a dyno - did you check with Ben Fox? I think he has one, or at least access to one.

There are many racers in the Springs who can assist you in determining what to safety wire - just post something under "Wanted" and you'll get a response.

Nothing wierd really on the license issue. It would help me if you include a copy of your current license, and maybe some results so we know if you are a Novice or an Expert.

Throttleroller277
December 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
How did youget so many sponsers?

PM sent 8)