PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Clark

Racing616
October 10th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Get better man. I will miss you on the dirt bikes this winter.

gpsigs
October 10th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Any news on Clarkie?

motobum
October 10th, 2008, 10:10 PM
aaron i hope you have a fast recovery!

my family's thoughts are with you

rybo
October 10th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Any news on Clarkie?

Just got off the phone with some folks who are down there. In the interest of privacy I'd rather let his family post up any info regarding his condition, but will say that he's stable at this time.

Please keep Clarkie in your thoughts over the coming days and weeks.

Scott

spyvspy
October 10th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Heal fast, Aaron.
You and your family are in my thoughts.

Kate

Spicee Brown
October 11th, 2008, 09:57 AM
It was all I thought about last night on the way home. Aaron..your a tough bugger and you'll pull through. I wish my best to everyone helping him out. Big ups to Brownie and the MRA crew for helping out so quickly.
Everyone be safe today.

akuretz
October 11th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Clarkie, you're in the thoughts of Lynn, Jack, and I. Please let us know if we can do anything for you or Tedi.

FZRguy
October 12th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Sorry to hear of this accident. :( All of us at the CSC are pulling for him!

fog600
October 12th, 2008, 07:38 AM
My thought and prayers are with you buddy. Hope you heal quickly.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
October 12th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Heal up quick and fully Aaron! Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

racefan
October 12th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Everyone in the Masters of the Mountains series in Utah is pulling for you too! Get better quick Aaron. We love you, Tedi, and Scott!!

Jen

JohnGarc
October 12th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Best of luck to you Clarkie... All of my family is pulling for you!!!

LEVIATHAN
October 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family from everyone at Faith Venture Church. Get well soon Aaron!

Ron, Laura & Family

cu260r6
October 12th, 2008, 03:15 PM
My prayers for your full recovery Clarkie :(

Jadam
October 12th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I hope for all the best for you.

toptier
October 12th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Aaron our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope you get well soon.

JWinter
October 12th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Our thought and prayers are with you Aaron, Tedi and Scott.

Jeff and Jennifer Winter

COOLTOY
October 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM
It is always terrible to hear news about someone we all enjoy being around. Aaron, our thoughts are with you and we all wish you, your family and friends the best, and a quick and full recovery.

It is always tough when bad things happen to good people.

Please keep us up to date with any news and share our thoughts as often as possible.

Dan

bluedevil
October 13th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery Aaron...

Ashli
October 13th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Clarkie, get well soon hun. Hoopty and I are praying for a speedy and full recovery for you.

Slider
October 13th, 2008, 08:33 AM
My thought and prayers are with you Clarkie.

Ara

terid
October 13th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Aaron and Tedi,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Fred and Teri

T Baggins
October 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Get better Clarkie! Hang in there Tedi & Scott!!

oldtimer
October 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Aaron and his family. Get well soon Clarkie!

KipBook
October 13th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Aaron, I will think of your recovery every day! I have no doubt in my mind that you will be smokin' the tires in do time!

Tedi, if you need anything please let me know!

irdave
October 13th, 2008, 09:47 AM
So a little information. I stopped in to see him last night on the way home. He was nice and pink and his folks were due to arrive any minute.

www.getwellclarkie.com for the latest.

dave.gallant
October 13th, 2008, 09:54 AM
His family arrived (after a very long plane ride) last night safe and sound yesterday evening to DIA, and then were whisked down to the Springs.

From each cup of coffee for Tedi to every kind word -- every small donation helps, and you really can make a difference in their lives.

Please visit www.getwellclarkie.com .

motobum
October 13th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I just made my donation!

Ray-Ray
October 13th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Hang in there buddy! I can't stop thinking about you! Clarkie, Tedi and Family are in our thoughts and prayers. Tell Clarkie that Logan is thinking about him to.

dave.gallant
October 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I just made my donation!

Thank you so much Benny!

Throttleroller277
October 13th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Big ups to Brownie and the MRA crew for helping out so quickly.

Thanks but, to give the outmost credit where credit is due, Josh Grahm and Glen Conser deserve a huge acknowlegment for there actions.

Clarkie is a "Tough Cookie" and hangin in there!!

8)

Otis
October 13th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Aaron, Donna and I are thinking about you and can't wait to get the chance to visit and talk! You have the fighting spirit!
Tedi, we live nearby you guys and can help during Aaron's recovery.

dave.gallant
October 13th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks but, to give the outmost credit where credit is due, Josh Graham and Glen Conser deserve a huge acknowledgment for there actions.

I said it privately but again, Thank you Josh and Glenn for helping give Aaron a fighting chance by being so responsive and capable.

All racer's have the same blood pumping through our veins. We truly appreciate your actions and continuing efforts.

irdave
October 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Briefest update from Scooter- Same as last night when I was there. So no news is good news.

racefan
October 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
We'd already started this this morning and didn't see Robert's note to RRW until just now. But more coverage is better than less! (Oh, and yes, content of the press release was approved by Scott - we texted him this morning and spoke to him a little while ago. :) )

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/release.php?p_id=153

Masters of the Mountains Champion Aaron Clark Critically Injured in Colorado Racing Crash

TOOELE VALLEY, UTAH (October 13, 2008) – Just a week after wrapping up his third consecutive championship in the Honda Presents the Plaza Cycle Masters of the Mountains motorcycle road racing series at Miller Motorsports Park, Aaron Clark suffered critical injuries in a crash while practicing for a race in Colorado.

Clark, 37, a native of New Zealand now living in Longmont, Colo., was practicing on Friday, October 10, for a race with the Colorado-based Motorcycle Roadracing Association (MRA) at the newly-reopened Pikes Peak International Raceway in Fountain, Colo. Clark, who is also the defending champion of the MRA series, was involved in a high-speed, single-vehicle accident and sustained critical injuries.

Clark was admitted to a Memorial Hospital Central in Colorado Springs in serious condition. His injuries include a closed-head injury, a broken pelvis and shoulder and leg injuries. He is being periodically maintained in an induced coma while the swelling in his brain subsides. His wife, Tedi, and his brother-in-law, fellow racer Scott Jensen, are with him at the hospital, as are other members of his family.

In his native New Zealand, Clark won numerous club and regional Motocross and Supercross championships. When he made the transition to road racing in 1998, he was equally successful. In 1999, he received the Wildcard entry in the FIM Australian Grand Prix and went on to finish third in the Australian 250 GP Roadracing Championship. He came to America in 2000 and won the Aprilia Cup National Championship, which led to a sponsored ride from Aprilia USA in Unlimited Superbike FUSA in 2001. Since then, Clark has been involved with numerous race teams and currently rides the No. 1 Fay Myers Motorcycle World Suzuki GSX-R 1000 for Team Moto-Garage Racing.

“Aaron Clark is not only a very accomplished racer, but an all-around great guy as well,” said Mitch Wright, director of racing for Miller Motorsports Park. “As a three-time champion of the Honda Presents the Plaza Cycle Masters of the Mountains series, he has always represented our series and our facility with class. All of us at Miller Motorsports Park send our thoughts and prayers to Aaron, Tedi, Scott and the rest of the family, and we are hoping for a speedy recovery.”

A website, www.GetWellClarkie.com, has been established as a place for fans to get information and leave messages of support. Jensen has established a fund to accept donations that will help offset Clark’s medical expenses, and the contact info for the fund is located on the same website.

Another of Clark’s Masters of the Mountains colleagues, Kelly Rees, who co-owns the www.TrackStar1.com motorcycle accessories shop, is putting together an auction to help pay for Clark's medical expenses. The auction is tentatively scheduled to start on Monday, October 20, and Rees is seeking donations of products or services to be auctioned. He can be reached by telephone at 801-928-1976.

For more information on Miller Motorsports Park, call the track at (435) 277-RACE (7223) or visit the website at www.millermotorsportspark.com.

loujr
October 13th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Get well soon...thoughts and prayers from me and my family!

-puck-
October 13th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Brownie or Dave - I live here in the Springs, so if anyone would like to pass on my info to Tedi or family so if they need anything or any help at all, please do. (they can call me ANYTIME) It would be my pleasure to help in any way.

Mark
cell: 719-492-0261

My thoughts and prayers are with you Clarkie!

dave.gallant
October 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Brownie or Dave - I live here in the Springs, so if anyone would like to pass on my info to Tedi or family so if they need anything or any help at all, please do. (they can call me ANYTIME) It would be my pleasure to help in any way.

Mark
cell: 719-492-0261

My thoughts and prayers are with you Clarkie!

Thanks Mark; I will do so.

Thankfully Tedi, Scott's and the rest of the family's basic needs are being met very well thanks to everyone's support. We all value your support more than words can express.

JenJen
October 13th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Hey Clarkie,
Get better soon you are in our thoughts & Prayers!!

Tedi let me know if there is anything that you need help with.

Jen & Rick Grosse

cosp600rr
October 14th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I hope you get better soon Aaron. I been thinking about you alot the past couple of days. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Mat #115

glenngsxr
October 14th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Thinking about you everyday and hoping you are up cracking jokes soon. My prayers go out to you Aaron and everyone else affected by this accident. Glenn #62

chris nami
October 14th, 2008, 08:20 AM
All our prayers and wishes for a fast and full recovery Aaron. luv -Racer, Pickle, Lynette, and Chris

racedk6
October 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Get well soon Clarkie, we're pulling for you

Fay Myers has also opened up a donations area on our site, to aid in any way we can!!

http://faymyers.com/

Foothills Racing
October 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM
OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. BEST WISHES FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY.
MIKE, LYNNE AND BRAD HENDRY AND THE FOOTHILLS TEAM

gsnyder828
October 14th, 2008, 06:45 PM
:(

Get well soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

EdDuenez
October 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Get well soon CKLARKIE.
my PRAYERS go out to you, Aaron Tedi & Scott

Scorekeeper
October 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Tedi, Scott, Mr. & Mrs. Clark. What a wonderful man Clarkie is, and what a fighter. Big Mike, Cassy, and I are thinking of each of you daily and pray for his speedy recovery. You all have such a family of friends that will drop anything to help; please use us. It would be the least that each of us could do.
We love you guys and will see you again soon.
Chris & Big Mike

Jakeracer
October 14th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Clarkie. Heal fast man. All of our thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Tedi and Scott please let us know if there is anything we can do on our end!

Talk to you soon!

Jake Latimer and Family

Mforza
October 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Get well soon Clarkie!!! :)

peteremsley
October 14th, 2008, 09:36 PM
get well - we are thinking of you and your family

marty
October 14th, 2008, 09:49 PM
get well soon clarkie, you are in our thoughts and prayers

The GECCO
October 15th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Just a quick update. Clarkie has been breathing on his own since Tuesday morning. He has opened his eyes a few times when they lower the sedation level. All very good signs, but he still has a long road ahead of him.

Keep praying and sending positive vibes.

DingleBerns
October 15th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Hoping for a speedy recovery Clarkie!

Dingle

Wild Cheetah 612
October 15th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Just a quick update. Clarkie has been breathing on his own since Tuesday morning. He has opened his eyes a few times when they lower the sedation level. All very good signs, but he still has a long road ahead of him.

Keep praying and sending positive vibes.

Go Clarkie! You Ornery Bastard!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-047.gif

Vanmar Racing
October 15th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Get Well Soon, Clarkie!

The Vanmar Racing Team is behind you and praying for your complete recovery !!!

Tedi and Scott- Please let us know if you need help with anything and we will be there for you !

Everyone please donate to the Clarkie Fund!

rybo
October 16th, 2008, 07:37 AM
A quick update for those not following the getwellclarkie.com website

The docs woke Aaron up for a short time yesterday. He opened his eyes and was able to respond to verbal stimulus. When asked he was able to raise his eyebrow and raise 2 fingers.

This is fantastic progress, but he's not out of the woods yet. There is a long long recovery ahead and he needs all the support we can give him. Please check out the auctions if you can't afford to donate directly. There is some amazing stuff being donated and all the proceeds are going directly to Aaron.

S.