PDA

View Full Version : How bad would the weaher have to be? (PPIR)

rrslave
October 10th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Will there a place to find out what going on with the races on Sunday morning? The forcast looks a little better south of Denver.

rybo
October 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Tell you what, you can call me sunday AM to see if we're riding, but we will pretty much ride in anything short of snow.

If it's major downpour with water pooling on the track we may suspend racing too, but for the most part we ride rain or shine.

My # sent as a PM

scott

Wild Cheetah 612
October 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
It's still a question if we will ride in the rain at PPIR.

rybo
October 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Donna,

Didn't realize that it was still in question. I remember rain races there in the past...

JenJen
October 10th, 2008, 01:31 PM
As of this morning Glen said why not run in the Rain it has been done before.... So take that as most likely we will be riding! :D Just an FYI!

rforsythe
October 10th, 2008, 02:14 PM
It's a decision up to the track marshal more or less, but like others have pointed out previously -- why not run it in the rain? Been done before, and the track doesn't have wet traction issues that I can remember. Besides, it will add an interesting twist to a weekend where some championships could still swing.

froth
October 10th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Race in the Rain! I've been hanging on to these rain tires for two years, and haven't even worn the injection nubs off! Snow...YES, the great pumpkin handles great in the slop.

Let's get to it again at PPIR! WOOHOO>>>