PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

The GECCO
October 8th, 2008, 03:11 PM
From an email I just received

Please pass on to all,

I work with Jon Jelm here at Auburn Tool and Machine in Golden, and sad news has come our way.

Jon's Wife, Paula, who has struggled with Brain Cancer, has passed away today. Jon and I have shared some very nice and warm stories about their love for racing, in fact this last weekend Paula went with him to Salt lake to see his last race among the 125's again.

For all who knew her, she was involved with your MRA in the past, and if there was something to say or do, we all know what that is. Jon's daughter has been there with him to take of her the last months, and in due time the other information will follow.

If anyone out there can please let Mark Ericson know also, Jon was fond of him, as am I, from ice racing.

Thanks much,
Dave Vlasicak
The Pickleman
303-908-8912 cell

Godspeed, Paula :cry:

T Baggins
October 8th, 2008, 04:27 PM
This is sad, indeed. The Hjelms have been part of the MRA family for as long as I can remember - and though John runs the USGPRU events mostly now - he still comes out and kicks our butts on his 125 a couple times a year.

I saw John and Paula at the USGPRU races at Miller last weekend. I think it is great that she got to see John finish in the Top 5 just days before she passed. She was John's biggest fan, right till the end.

She'll be missed.

footnote - I did contact Mark Erickson already.

oldtimer
October 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to John and the family.

Wyeth

DarkKnight
October 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I never had the pleasure of meeting her but I do remember John when I was racing 20 years back. Best wishes to the whole of the Hjelm family.

JWinter
October 8th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I am sorry to hear this! The Hjelms are very nice people.

marty
October 8th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Godspeed. My thoughts and prayers are with the Hjelms. For those who have not had a chance to meet the Hjelms, they are hands down some of the nicest people I have met.

Kickstand
October 9th, 2008, 09:52 AM
How Sad. My thoughts and prayers to the family..

marty
October 9th, 2008, 06:25 PM
i picked up a card today for john and kory. if anyone would like to sign it, please swing by garage this weekend. i'll be at garage 17

jhjelm130
October 9th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Thank you all! Your support means the world to us! We did set a date (but not a time) for the "Celebration of Life" or a big 'ol Steamboat Style Spaghetti Dinner as she was set against a funeral or any services of any kind. It will be on November 8th here in Denver. Anyone who would like to come is more then welcome to come. We will let you know when we decide on a time and place.

Al,John and Kory