PDA

View Full Version : Last Race Of The 2005 MRA Season

MRACornerCrew
September 29th, 2005, 01:10 AM
The Last Race Of The 2005 MRA Season Is Upon Us !!
--This weekend: 1-2 Oct 2005

This is the LAST MRA RACE EVER at Second Creek Raceway!!
--The track is closing!

---------------------------------------------------------

1 & 2 Oct -- Second Creek Raceway (SCR)

1 Oct, Sat - Open Practice / Sprint, Endurance, and Motard races
2 Oct, Sun - MRA Raceday #10 - Full Race Schedule (16 Races)

MRA Barbeque Blowout and Pumpkin Palooza to follow !!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Show time for both days is: Not later than 7:00 am

A detailed schedule for the weekend is at the link below:
www.mra-racing.org/pdf/2005_CornerCrewSchedule.pdf

Please let us know if you'll be there -- and which days!!
(or if not, please tell us also) -- Email preferred, phone OK

Details below:
- Important Reminders ...
- BBQ Blowout and Pumpkin Palooza
- Lodging at Second Creek
- Directions to the track

If you have any questions, call, or send me an Email

Joe Belef
2005 Crew Coordinator
(303) 671-8383 home
mailto:mracornercrew@comcast.net

Kip Book
2005 Head Corner Marshal
mailto:Pistolninja@hotmail.com

Motorcycle Roadracing Association
MRA Hotline: (303) 530-5678
Official MRA website www.mra-racing.org <outbind://2/www.mra-racing.org>

-----------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT REMINDER:

In order to be properly prepared, there are some items that you must bring with you to each event. I'll list the most important
here.

-- Loud Whistle
- So you can get each other's attention quickly.
(Use a referee style or other loud type that can be heard above motorcycle noise)

-- Gloves
- To protect your hands when handling bikes.
- Canvas or Leather work gloves are best for this. Be Careful, many "mechanic's" gloves are synthetic and will melt to your
skin if you touch a hot exhaust or engine.

- Water and/or Gatorade, etc
- It's your only source of hydration while trackside.
- You should have about a gallon total in case it's hot.

- Whites
- Our official uniform is a critical component of safety gear making you visible to the riders.
- This means White Pants and Shirt
- After your first event, we'll issue you an MRA Corner Marshal shirt.

MRA BBQ Blowout and Pumpkin Palooza !!

The party will start after the last checkered flag! The MRA will provide the main course, looks like Brother's BBQ at this point.
Moe (the concessions operator) will provide the bread, paper plates/forks/knives etc, ice and SOME side dishes. The MRA members are
expected to bring the rest!

If your MRA number ends with:
0,1,2,3 please bring some kind of side dish
4,5,6 please bring some kind of dessert
7,8,9 please bring something to drink (alcoholic or non)

Moe will have some refrigerator and freezer space available if you need to keep food cold during the day, please go see him.

We will expect to feed between 300-400 people. You don't need to bring a LOT of food, if EVERYONE does their share there will be
more than enough to go around!

Pumpkin Palooza: Listen for the very loud noises.
Be quick or you'll miss seeing the 'disapearing' pumpkins (and other assorted objects)

Directions to Second Creek Raceway:

88th Ave. & Buckley Rd., Denver, Colorado
(Near Denver Intl Airport)

From I-70 or Pena Blvd, take Tower Rd. exit, go North to 88th Ave., turn left, drive 1 mile to track entrance

From I-76, exit 96th Ave East, follow 96th as it becomes Buckley Rd & turns South, entrance is about 1.5 miles on left

LODGING

--At Second Creek, you can camp overnight in the pit area.

--If you stay in a hotel/motel, the MRA will reimburse each person up to $35 for lodging. This weekend it includes Friday and
Saturday nights. (if you work Sat/Sun). If you share a room with one or two people this will usually cover your expenses. --This
is a reimbursement only, up to a maximum of $35 per person. For example, if 2 people share a room and the cost of the room was $60,
the reimbursement will be $60, not $70.

---- I've had luck finding good priced rooms on www.orbitz.com <http://www.orbitz.com/>
Select 'Search near Airport' and enter 'DEN' for City
Numerous Hotels on Tower Rd. are closest to the track.
Also, try searching in city of Aurora.

polar x
September 29th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Just a thought, but wouldn't you get better turn out if you promoted these events starting immediately after the last race instead of 2 days prior? Just a thought, not a slam.

Hotrod
September 29th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Nah, the ones who show already know. No one ever looks in here anyway.

I stood down at the other end of the hall way and screamed, and all I got was an echo! :lol:

Ps, hows your bike coming? Gonna be at SCR? She might be mad at you after you kicked her when she laid down in 7 at PMI... :lol:

polar x
September 29th, 2005, 02:26 PM
You SAW that?? I asked my wife if I did it and she said no. I thought I beat her while she was down :cry: I feel bad now... #-o

She is coming along nicely, Jason (Faster) fixed the shifter, Frank (TBS graphics) reinforced the seat-pan and tail-cone. TK (great guys) had an extra slider laying around, and I did not even break a clip-on. She looks a little worn but she will compete. Thanks for asking. :wink:

And just to show her that I still DO care, I entered Open Superbike and supersport, plus Heavywht superbike and Am GTO on sunday as an Expert. I hope she likes the "flowers" [-o<

Hotrod
September 29th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I saw it. I was only about 2' away.I helped you push her off the track. She was damn near still sliding when you planted your foot in her... It was pretty light... maybe you can tell her that you "tripped"... Bwahaha!

All seriousness aside, the only debris that I found was the knob off the end of your shift lever. Looked like you came out of there pretty good, considering.
Good luck at SCR! :D

polar x
September 29th, 2005, 04:35 PM
OK, now I know who you are, thanks again for help. sorry I drove her into the berm of dirt :oops: I wish I had that shift piece, I could use the rubber part for the makeshift one Jason did..... thanks again for the help. 8)

I was in a hurry to get it the hell out of the way so as to not cause anyone else some probs. your right, I sliped into her with my foot :lol:

see ya at SCR