PDA

View Full Version : Come See HPR on Sunday, October 19th!!

The GECCO
October 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I will be unlocking the gates at HPR from 11:00 till 2:00 on Sunday the 19th so the members can come out and walk what is destined to be the best track Colorado has ever had. Sorry, no wheels of any kind will be allowed on the track.

So come on out and do a couple laps on YOUR NEW TRACK!!

spyvspy
October 10th, 2008, 05:40 PM
So nice of you to do this for me on my bday!
Ha!

Tom and I are so excited to see the track; we'll be there.

Kate

kfm61
October 15th, 2008, 07:07 AM
That's cool!

Hey, since a couple of us are in Barber this weekend, can we put a helmet cam on Marty or Nicci? Then we can see the track, assuming they dont trip and crash!

oldtimer
October 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I see the above post says no wheels of any kind...

Including bicycles? Can we pedal around the track for this event? :D

dave.gallant
October 16th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I see the above post says no wheels of any kind...

Including bicycles? Can we pedal around the track for this event? :D

Skateboard????

The GECCO
October 16th, 2008, 01:14 PM
My apologies, I meant to edit the post - no ENGINES will be allowed. Bikes, rollerblades, etc are OK.

As a matter of fact, I'd pay good money to see someone go down the "Bobsled" in a grocery cart!

hcr25
October 16th, 2008, 01:29 PM
My apologies, I meant to edit the post - no ENGINES will be allowed. Bikes, rollerblades, etc are OK.

As a matter of fact, I'd pay good money to see someone go down the "Bobsled" in a grocery cart!

You bring one and I will do it! Let me know so i can bring my helmet :)

dave.gallant
October 16th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Damn it.

Do we need to bring an ambulance for this "MRA event"??

:D

hcr25
October 16th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Nope just bring a waiver for me to sign :wink:

dragos13
October 16th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Hey Glenn what do you define as "good money"???

Maybe we can have a shopping cart race :twisted:

The GECCO
October 16th, 2008, 11:08 PM

You better bring it then, I'm stopping at King Soopers on the way!

Aracheon
October 17th, 2008, 01:14 PM

I'm bringing my video camera. :D

hcr25
October 17th, 2008, 01:18 PM
How steep is this bobsled section?
I will have me leathers and helmet in my truck. How exactly do you turn a shopping cart when sitting in the basket?

rybo
October 17th, 2008, 01:22 PM
i'm guessing you should bring a paddle of some sort, something you can drag on one side or the other to make the thing turn.

this is going to be great!

dragos13
October 17th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Maybe we can run 2 guys per cart. You can have the guy in the cart, then a guy hanging on back for steering (aka dragging feet)

hcr25
October 17th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Maybe we can run 2 guys per cart. You can have the guy in the cart, then a guy hanging on back for steering (aka dragging feet)

no no no, even better 1 guy lays down on the bottom of the cart where you put the big stuff. Street luge style :shock:

Aracheon
October 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM

no no no, even better 1 guy lays down on the bottom of the cart where you put the big stuff. Street luge style :shock:

That has "catastrophic injury" written all over it. :lol:

hcr25
October 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM

That has "catastrophic injury" written all over it. :lol:

Its the off season we have months to heal :D

dragos13
October 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Its the off season we have months to heal :D

Amen, its ON this weekend. Maybe we can set up an elimination style battle. Based on who is willing to take the "Bobsled".

The GECCO
October 17th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Hey Glenn what do you define as "good money"???

I should have prefaced this with "For anyone but Applesauce". Anyone else would need enticing, but it's a given that Mike would do it....that boy aint right in the head.

rybo
October 17th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I'm having visions of "Rain Testing" at Pueblo....

Aracheon
October 17th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I'm having visions of "Rain Testing" at Pueblo....

He's gonna kick yer ass. :lol:

*Ducks*

Vanmar Racing
October 18th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Hey, We are bringing Hotdogs...Cheese, Crackers, and wine!

Plus we are going to make mimosas!

Should be alot of fun!

DarkKnight
October 19th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Crap - I forgot to put this on my calendar and its 1335.

When might the next 'open house' be?

DarkKnight
October 19th, 2008, 01:56 PM

neh
October 19th, 2008, 05:40 PM

next sunday. Join the newsletter on the HPR site to get updates etc.

Sunday Oct. 19th
The track gate will be open from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. You are welcome to just show up. The gate will be open so you can park on the paddock, but NO CARS WILL BE ALLOWED ON TRACK! If you wish to bring a bicycle, that will be OK. But it's strictly a walking or bicycle tour ONLY.

Sunday Oct. 26th
Another track tour (same drill, different hours) will be the following Sunday, the 26th. However, the time will be from 10:00 am to about lunch time. Again, NO CARS WILL BE ALLOWED ON TRACK!