PDA

View Full Version : Soapy!

Hotrod
October 4th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Red Bull Soap Box Derby!
I am sooo there! Who else is going? http://www.redbullsoapboxusa.com/Denver-2008/default.aspx

Scorekeeper
October 5th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Hey Link!
I saw a billboard for this just this past week. No kidding, it reminded me of the end of season races we would have at Loveland Ski Area. Sliding down the hill on a car hood....out of control. Young and stupid :roll:
Chris

KipBook
October 5th, 2008, 10:04 PM
wish I had time to build one! We could call it the A-Team Express! :twisted:

Hotrod
October 5th, 2008, 11:58 PM
So that is Chris, Big Mike and Kip Book that I am putting down for an appearance. Right?

Who else wants to witness the lunacy? :D

rohorn
October 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Building & driving "The Yellow Submarine" racer this year. Entered as "The 5th Dentist" team at the Seattle race last year - speedwise, we came in 2nd (by less than 1/2 second), but lost on "Style" points. Dirt cheap to enter, good prizes if you win, good braindead fun whether you win or not.

The frame is braindead as well, rolls nicely, dead stable, and the brakes are terrible. The haybales solved that problem after the finish line last year. The crowd loved that.

Probably the last time I do this (have other projects that need to get done, such as a racebike), but it should still be a fun day.

Warning: You don't want to hit on Yoko Ono when you're there.....

Hotrod
October 6th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Nice! I'll be looking you up there then! I assume that you will be kind of hard to miss then... giant yellow submarine, yoko ono costume...

Hey Gallant...
Here is one more set of ... for you : ...
:twisted:

rohorn
October 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Uh, Yoko will be someone else.

Hotrod
October 6th, 2008, 06:38 PM
RIIIIGHT!

rohorn
October 6th, 2008, 10:24 PM
RIIIIGHT!

Hey, you won't know unless you go - I hope everyone who goes enjoys the show.