PDA

View Full Version : I'm Hooked!

Jay
September 29th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Well I stuck the needle in my arm and now I'm hooked . I borrowed a m/c (thanks Erik)this past weekend and rode with a friend up to Westcliffe and over to Caon City those twisty turny roads are a turn-on. I'm not ready to ride with you guys on the track but I definitely think there is a motorcycle in my future! :D

DingleBerns
September 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Awesome! In the mean time, check out the Colorado Sport Bike Club Forums, www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums to meet up with some street riders. Great club and great people. Good luck in your new venture!

Dingle

phildrummond
September 29th, 2008, 08:52 PM
You're right...it's a needle. Like Dingle said, try the CSC forum but don't be scared of the track. My girlfriend had never seen a track or been on a street bike until I took her to a race day this summer. She doesn't even own a street bike.

Her first real experience on a street bike at speed was a new rider course in Pueblo with our New Rider Director. She did a few track days this summer and her first race last week! While I don't recommend borrowing a bike to do track days, the best, safest and ticket-free twisties are on the track.

Email me if you want more details. Only the first track day is scary. Once you do one, you'll live for them. And the best way to learn is to be a corner worker. Our last race is Pikes Peak on Oct 11. I can tell you about those too, but MRA will pay you $75/day, give you free lunch and you'll learn a ton.

KipBook
September 29th, 2008, 10:57 PM
http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0021.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-animal-smileys.php)

Thanks for throwing that out there Tom. After CW'ing for 10 years I think I should be pretty good if I could ever afford a bike!

Jay
October 2nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Just so you know who I am, Jay Gilman, formerly of Pueblo Motorsports Park. I have discovered there is life after PMP :lol:

rybo
October 2nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hey Jay!

Glad you're thinking of joining us!

Scott

Moto-Mania
October 3rd, 2008, 07:58 PM
Jay - you sly dog!
Glad you're back, albeit in a different role this time.