PDA

View Full Version : SIO Club Meeting @ Brooklyns -Mark Schellinger Guest Speaker

JohnGarc
September 29th, 2008, 07:16 AM
SIO Club Meeting @ Brooklyns -Mark Schellinger Guest Speaker

What: Do you want a career in the Sports Industry??? Then come and check out our first SIO Club meeting for the 08' fall semester for the students at Metro State College of Denver.

When: Thursday - 10.02.08 at 6 p.m.

Where: Brooklyn’s at The Pepsi Center, 901 Auraria Pkwy, 80204

Who: Mark Schellinger will be our guest speaker for the night... He will be talking about his bio and career in the sports industry.

What is the SIO Club??? The SIO club are student representatives and club members from the Metro State College of Denver who are continuing their education while pursuing a degree in the wide world of sports. Upon completion of the program, most of the students can work for any professional sports organization, ie.. Broncos, Nuggets, MotoGP??? Our goal is to promote the Sports Industry Degree program. And best of all, have some kick a$$ guest speakers that have established themselves in the Industry and have made a career of what they love to do, Sports...

All in all, this should be a fun time to mingle with the students of Metro State. Plus, you can introduce yourselves as riders and we can represent the MRA.

I wish I can entice you all to attend with some free fancy dinner buffet but since we are broke college students with absolutely no budget we can only muster up a reserved section where Mark can speak.

Please come it will be funnnnn...

froth
September 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I am will try to get there. Very Cool.

Fred
MSC Road Runner, 1984. B.S. Aviation Mangagement, Minor in Manpower Management.

JohnGarc
September 29th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Ok Sweet, glad to know you are alumni. Thanks Fred, should be fun...

phildrummond
September 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
That's awesome! I'm in NY until PPIR or I'd be there for sure. I swear, Mark S is everywhere!

Tom

spyvspy
September 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Very cool, John. And, I have to say, I might almost rather here the wise words of Mark S. than the vice-prez candidates that night!

Is it kid-friendly?

Kate

spyvspy
September 29th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Wow. I wrote "here" instead of "hear." I am really tired!
Nice new website, Mr. Garcia.
See you at PPIR-- if not before.

K.

JohnGarc
September 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Hi Kate,

Great Kate!!! Wow, that rhymes. LOL. Glad you might be able to make it. Yes, by all means it is kid friendly. Bring Danny!!! Brooklyn's has reserved a quaint little space for us. They have great food too.. Martin will be donating some Motoforza T-shirts for the night. If anyone has any small tokens or donations like decals and such that would be much appreciated.

Oh, and thanks for the complement... The website took me all day long............... Whewwwww.

HoPe to SEe EvErYonE TheRe!!!!

spyvspy
September 29th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I can bring a handful of Denver Museum of Nature and Science passes... I know it's not very... uhm... racy... but let me know if you want 'em!

See you then,
Kate

JohnGarc
September 30th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Yes, that will help... Please bring them, we can raffle them off.

froth
October 2nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
Hey J-G:
I really enjoyed this evening. It was very educational to hear Mark and Bart speak about their side of the industry.

Keep us updated on the next event.

Fred

spyvspy
October 2nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
John,

Well done! It was fantastic to look around and see a captive audience, tuned into motorcycle racing for the first time. More importantly, they were tuned into the passion, dedication, ambition, and teamwork that makes success in the sports industry possible. Thanks for inviting us tonight, and (like Fred) let us know when the next event is. It was great!

Mark and Bart,

It was so great to hear your backgrounds and stories-- including how they've intertwined throughout the years. Thanks for taking the time. You both are inspiring, as well as just the nicest guys! And Tammy, your point about working at something you really love was fantastic. When you do that, it hardly seems right to call it "work!" The MRA is lucky to have you all. Thanks for all you do.

See you all at PPIR!

-Kate-

JohnGarc
October 3rd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Well, First and foremost... Hats off to Mark, Tammy, and Bart for making this all happen. If it wasn't for you guys, we would be learning about some boring topic like baseball or golf... Y'all know what I mean.

Kate and Fred thank you for your support... You both were the face of the MRA and it was very special to me, to see you there.

Honestly, this was the first meeting where we actually had a captivated audience. Mark your speech was impeccable. And Tammy I loved how you chimed in to support Mark. Bart, your stories about mechanics and superbike engines was aw-inspiring and had me on the edge of my seat!!! Whoever didn't come, you sure missed out.

Once again, Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you for making this all possible!!! After y'all left, I got a chance to talk to the SIO Officers and they were really pleased to have some special people like yourselves that actually work and do what they love in the Motorcycle Industry...

Overall I would say the event was a 10 out of 10...

See ya at PPIR Everyone,