PDA

View Full Version : Working PPIR...

KipBook
September 25th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Hey guys, me again!

We need as many Corner Workers at PPIR as we can get. Especially for Friday the 10th! As with Pueblo last weekend, the PPIR race will also include an extra $25 bonus for gas *THIS INCLUDES FRIDAY* So if you work all three days, you would get $75 extra!!! Now tell me you can't afford the gas!!!!

Please PM me if you can work Friday, I'm trying to get a head count!

Edit: I forgot to mention that the guys that run the track are also providing kegs of beer and a keg of root beer for a end of season bash saturday night!

shaneboone
September 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Kip ... I'll be there friday - sunday. Is this friday Oct 10 we will be at PPIR or do I have this date wrong ? shane-

Lynn Carey
September 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I will work Saturday and Sunday.

KipBook
September 28th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Friday the 10th is an MRA practice day at PPIR. Only MRA licensed Racers (and licensed guest racers from reciprocating clubs) will be able to practice. Sat and Sun will be normal race schedule. So mark your calenders for October 10, 11, 12 at PPIR!!!

spyvspy
September 29th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Tom and I will both work Saturday and Sunday. He flies in from NYC Friday, so sadly we can't help out that day.

Looking forward to it!
Kate

Scorekeeper
October 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM
kip,
We're heading down on Thursday night, so if you are really short, I could probably work a corner, although with my ankle it would be preferred to work a 'slow corner'.

I'll try to touch base with you early Friday morning.
Chris

KipBook
October 5th, 2008, 09:57 PM
kip,
We're heading down on Thursday night, so if you are really short, I could probably work a corner, although with my ankle it would be preferred to work a 'slow corner'.

I'll try to touch base with you early Friday morning.
Chris

I'll have you do no such thing!!! You take care of your ankle! I would feel bad if you made it worse! Besides, there are a lot of Novice hours needing to be taken care of, we should be alright! :)

Besides, in my memory of PPIR, there is no such thing as a "slow" corner! :wink:

Spiderman
October 5th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I can't do Friday, but I'll be there for Saturday & Sunday. 8)

Scorekeeper
October 6th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Kip,
I was thinking of that 'button hook' corner. I recall only seeing a few crashes there, one to include a highside by my ex-son in law. Pretty nasty....but otherwise, I guess far and few between.
I'll check in with you...
Chris

terid
October 7th, 2008, 08:20 AM
count me in as needed. depending on conditions, I'll ride or not (ice/rain) and should be able to get at least a half day in. Can't be there Friday though, trying to make a pseudo-living.

Lynn Carey
October 8th, 2008, 08:48 PM
What time should the corner workers arrive Saturday morning? The usual 6:30 or maybe later since it will be colder? Let's hope it doesn't rain!