PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Carlson Update

Vanmar Racing
September 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Hey Everyone,

We finally got to see Glenn last night at 9:30 pm at Parkview Hospital.

For those of you who don't know, Glenn crashed in turn 9 during RORU and was run over (by accident) He experienced an extended track nap.

Last night, he was doing pretty good, all things considered. The staff let us see him 2 at a time as he is in the Neuro ICU.

Here's the latest...

He has a concussion and a couple of spots showed up on his brain scan that appear to be bleeding or bruising. They are going to repeat the scans to make sure they don't get worse. He was showing the typical signs of having his bell rung like hearing his cel phone ringing(when it wasn't) and asking how he got to the hospital and when told in an ambulance, he said " ahh DUH"
He was cracking some jokes so that was a good sign.

Glenn has a broken right arm, some facial bruising, a hurt foot, and some hurt fingers.
He was talking about being ready to go for PPIR. Like I said, he was a little out of it....

You can post your well wishes here as I don't have an address for him and I think when he gets out of the hospital he will be staying down south with his family.
Thanks everyone for asking!
Tammy

615HereICome
September 22nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
Get well Glenn!!!

d_mob
September 22nd, 2008, 09:31 AM
we were at turn 9 and that was NOT fun to watch...

i'm really glad to hear that you are doing better.

get well soon --

-- david # 178

Ashli
September 22nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Get well Glenn!! We need to go Pheasant hunting ;)

Throttleroller277
September 22nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
It's never good to ride by and see a rider face down, and not moving.......

Get well soon Glenn!!!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do. 8)

fog600
September 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Get well soon Glenn! Hope to see you at the races soon.

fog600
Get well soon Glenn! Hope to see you at the races soon.

XBAM
Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Clarkie
September 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Get well Glen!

JimWilson29
September 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Get well soon Glenn!!!

Vanmar Racing
September 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Just heard from Lincoln and he talked to Angelina (Glenn's Girl) a few moments ago.

Glenn is alot more lucid this morning, and is being transferred to a "regular" room. He does not remember that we all visited last night!

His ankle is not broken just bruised. The bleeding on his brain has not worsened.
So things are going good.

dragos13
September 22nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
Glenn, I hope you recover quickly. Let me know if I can help with anything bro.

rybo
September 22nd, 2008, 09:54 AM
Just heard from Lincoln and he talked to Angelina (Glenn's Girl) a few moments ago.

Glenn is alot more lucid this morning, and is being transferred to a "regular" room. He does not remember that we all visited last night!

His ankle is not broken just bruised. The bleeding on his brain has not worsened.
So things are going good.

This is all very good news Tammy! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Glenn - Get well soon!

Scott

Slider
September 22nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
get well soon Glenn!

Ara

spyvspy
September 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Glenn,

Glad to hear you're on your way to feeling better. Get well soon. We're all thinking of you!

-Kate-

giovannir6
September 22nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hope you feel better Glen!

chris nami
September 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
keep get'n better dude!

Mark Schellinger
September 22nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
OMG

Get well soon stunter

When we all went to see Glenn last night they wouldn't let us in until 9:30pm, anyway he looked really good. He knew who I was last night, but this morning has no idea that we were there.

He told his brother that both of his arms were broken (that's not right) he told me that his arm was broke in two places (ah...thats not right) He looked Spanky right in the eyes and said "dude, my arm is broken" (ding ding ding...correct). Angelina said it was only one arm and only one spot broken.

He babbled on about how he thought he could be ready for PPIR. I said to him "lets not make that a priority".

I told him that he got drilled from behind, was knocked out and ended up face down in the dirt, and he seemed to think that sounded kinda cool.

I told him that Lincoln and I changed his flat tire on his pick up, he just looked at me and said "shitty".

It was too hard not to laugh. Wish I could have recorded to whole conversation to play it back for him later.

OK that's all for now, I just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone from last night.

late

MSienkiewicz
September 22nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
Glenn,
Lowrey and I are thinking of you and wishing for a speedy recovery. Let us know if we can help.

Take care,
Matt and Lowrey

cromer611
September 22nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
get well soon Glenn!

Erik

turbohoje
September 22nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
glenn,
i wish you the quickest of recoveries.
no rush on getting that $100 back that you owe me. take your time.... totally kidding.

get well bud.

Wild Cheetah 612
September 22nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Justin, does that mean you want your $100 back now?

Glenn,
Otis and I are so glad to hear that you are doing better! We were thinking and talking about you all last night on the drive home. Brain injuries take awhile to recover from, so just take it easy and do lots of puzzles!

DingleBerns
September 22nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
Heal up buddy! Let me know if I can help at all!

Dingle

kinzler_998
September 22nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
just got off the phone with angelina and she said that they are moving him from icu but are more than likely going to keep him agian tonight and maybe tomorrow night...she said hes having some trouble breathing and that hes on oxygen and thats the main reason for keeping him an extra day or two...but she said hes in high spirits and wants to get the F out! lol I told her that his mra family is wishing him the best and he has a long thread to read when he gets back to his computer and she said that he really appreciates all your support and it means alot to him! I'll post up more if anything changes!

jplracing
September 22nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
get well soon glenn!

racedk6
September 22nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Get well soon buddy

-Grubbs

polar x
September 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Get well Glenn. 8)

Doughboy
September 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Take care and get well soon Glen!

Throttleroller277
September 22nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Glenn,

Amy K wanted me to send you "her Best Wishes!!!!"

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
September 22nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Glenn - get out of the H soon!

turbohoje
September 22nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Justin, does that mean you want your $100 back now?

yeah he prbly doesn't remember it at the moment (or ever) hahah
jk glen

Wahooman
September 22nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Glad to hear you are doing better bro. Take it slow and you will be ready to knock some birds down in no time!

cosp600rr
September 22nd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Hope you feel better soon glen. I was really said when I cam around the corner and saw you face down there. Keep the spirits high and Hope to see you soon.

1ofTheBoys
September 22nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Glenn, Amanda and I are thinking of you and hope you get well soon.

PersianThunder
September 22nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Glenn get better man and if there anything i can do just lemme know

Kia

thedude44
September 22nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
Love ya Glenn!!!

Kris
September 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Thinking about you Glenn!! Hope you heal up quickly!

Kris

Hotrod
September 22nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
I talked to Glenn again this evening on the phone. He sounds much better, although still tired and somewhat groggy. They are saying that they should be able to release him on thursday. All in all he is in pretty good spirits and recovering quite quickly. He will be in a cast for 6 weeks, so PPIR is out for sure.
He greatly appreciates all of your prayers and thoughts.
What an awesome family this is.

marty
September 22nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
glad to hear you are getting better glen, heal up soon

froth
September 23rd, 2008, 06:19 AM
Glen: Gett better quickly, and do what the doctors tell you :P Let us let us know if you need a ride back north!

Remember, the oxygen they're giving you will dry you out a bit, so the beer will actually help rehydrate you!

JenJen
September 23rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
Feel better Glenn, Hope that you come hang out with us at PPIR even if you can't race it would be great to see you!!! Heal up quickly!!!

Jon
September 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
Best of luck to you Glenn, I'm sorry this happened so near the end of the season but hope to see you at PPIR if only a spectator. The MRA and the Vanmar tent wouldn't be the same w/o you.
Jon G

clowe
September 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Glenn, get well soon and I hope to see your smiling face at PPIR!!

Take care man!!

qwiksilver119
September 23rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Get well soon Glenn.

Vanmar Racing
September 23rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
Glenn might be getting out today!!!

That's because he is a - lean- mean- healing machine !!!

Way to go Glenn!

Oklahoma Girls Rule!!!

See ya soon,

Tammy

HAMMER
September 23rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
get well buddy :D

Scored51
September 23rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Heal up soon, man.

Hotrod
September 24th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Oklahoma Girls Rule!!!

Bwahahaha!

Get the damn phone, Cheyanne! :lol:

chrobis
September 24th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Glenn -

Wishing you a rapid recovery.

Crashing sucks, and getting run over sucks even worse, (but no broken ribs is a plus).

JohnGarc
September 24th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Get well soon my man.... Hope you have a speeeedy recovery!!!!

bluedevil
September 24th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Get well soon Glenn.

Spiderman
September 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Damn! :shock:

Heal up quick, Glenn! 8)

glenngsxr
September 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Hello everyone! I am alive, although barely. I do have a broken right arm and a serevely sprained right ankle and a severe concussion. I cannot remember anything since Sunday, but I am doing ok. I still have trouble remembering things, but its getting better. I am not sure what happened so any help would be nice. I miss all of you guys like crazy and I wish I would have been there to keep duking it out. I will not be ready by PPIR, but you can bet I will be there. Thanks for all the wishes. I'm typimg with one hand. Love, Glenn #62

DingleBerns
September 24th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Glenn, good to hear from you and heal up quick! Call me if you need anything!

Yours truly,
Dingle

Ray-Ray
September 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Dude! So glad to hear from you!! Take it easy and get some rest. Call if you need anything.

Ray-Ray

Scored51
September 24th, 2008, 06:28 PM
... and a serevely sprained right ankle...

If it doesn't show signs of improvement, get a second opinion. You don't want to have issues with those bones in the future. Glad to hear you getting better quickly!

KipBook
September 24th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Glad to hear you are doing alright Glenn! I look forward to seeing you at PPIR! (Mark might be bringing the clippers again! Mohawk anyone!) I think a cast and a mohawk would look great! :lol:

froth
September 24th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Mega Dittos on glad to hear from you. You scared my wife half to death(yes, she saw it and gave me all the gory details!)

See you at PPIR!

eklew
September 24th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Glenn, I saw the entire thing happen, glad you are okay. PM me if you want the details.

Elden.

1ofTheBoys
September 25th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Glenn, glad to hear your doing better. Let us know if you need anything otherwise we will see you at PPIR.

Sheila & Amanda

JWinter
September 25th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Glenn, glad to hear your getting better! I just caught your crash out of the corner of my eye from the pits and I thank the lord that you are going to be fine. Hope to see you at PPIR and good luck with recovery.

Jeff

glenngsxr
September 26th, 2008, 12:23 PM
To Mark, Tammy, Zack, Lincoln, and everyone who helped us after glenn's wreck on sunday the 21 st. A huge Thank You for everything that you did you will never know how much we appreciated your kindness. once again Thank You. The Carlson and Stjernquist Families