I have also posted the same thing on
WERA,ASMA,SMRi and USBA forums.
mike

VParra '06EquipMgr
September 11th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Great Job Mike, very well done! =D>

GNGSXR
September 11th, 2008, 10:22 PM
so it looks like we also have a practice day on the 10th. fantastic 8)

rforsythe
September 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
so it looks like we also have a practice day on the 10th. fantastic 8)

And a staffed track day on the 5th. 8)

cromer611
September 14th, 2008, 10:27 PM
*cringe* $200

rybo
September 15th, 2008, 08:12 AM
*cringe* $200

I don't mean to be rude, but you get quite a bit for your $200

1) A structured trackday with 20 mins of riding every hour starting around 8 AM and ending around 5 PM

2) Full corner staff, track crew and ambulance

3) Lunch

Plus, it's on a sunday, so (most of) you don't have to take a day off of work to make it happen.

Just pointing out some of the benefits...

I'm excited for the return of PPIR and look forward to the opening of HPR as well! Hope to see you there.

Scott

hcr25
September 15th, 2008, 09:10 AM
*cringe* $200

The 10th is a MRA practice day. The cost is $125.00
Must have a race license and bike must pass MRA tech.
mike

polar x
September 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM
*cringe* $200

I don't mean to be rude, but you get quite a bit for your $200

1) A structured trackday with 20 mins of riding every hour starting around 8 AM and ending around 5 PM

2) Full corner staff, track crew and ambulance

3) Lunch

Plus, it's on a sunday, so (most of) you don't have to take a day off of work to make it happen.

Just pointing out some of the benefits...

I'm excited for the return of PPIR and look forward to the opening of HPR as well! Hope to see you there.

Scott

I do not take the post as rude, but the fact remains the price is higher than what we pay for trackdays at PMI. And for $200 I will NEVER do a track day. Just wont happen at the price for me. So I will spend the $125 for the MRA day, which is still higher than I like but at least practical.

d_mob
September 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM
while $200 seems a bit steep, the fact that it's on a sunday makes it very worthwhile for me...

i have a hard time skipping out of work the friday b/f races, so this will work out perfectly to get a bit of practice in prior to the races on the 11th and 12th.

thanks for organizing --

dragos13
September 15th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I do not take the post as rude, but the fact remains the price is higher than what we pay for trackdays at PMI. And for $200 I will NEVER do a track day. Just wont happen at the price for me. So I will spend the $125 for the MRA day, which is still higher than I like but at least practical.

I don't think comparing "trackdays" to PMI is an accurate comparison. Considering PMI has the lowest track entrance fee I have ever seen (not counting IMI), do you expect every other track to be as low also?

turbohoje
September 15th, 2008, 10:00 AM
i dont really mean to be justifying it either, but 75 a day is a gem. i dont know how many of you have ventured out of state to say pahurmp, cal speedway or laguna but the day fee is 200+ there. The difference is thats a company's fee who pays the 20k or w/e it is to rent those places out. Tracks that dont have a fulltime crew that manages it seem to have to charge the big dollars.

i miss SCR's punchcard hah

polar x
September 15th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I don't think comparing "trackdays" to PMI is an accurate comparison. Considering PMI has the lowest track entrance fee I have ever seen (not counting IMI), do you expect every other track to be as low also?

Yes I do think it is a pretty good comparison. PPIR is no laguna, Cal speedway or pahrump. Its really a personal choice and my choice is NOT to spend that kinda money for the tracks here.

If High plains charges that much (which I hope they don't) then I may pay that to support the track and I feel that the new track and its planned layout will make it worth while for the first few times.

Yes I know $75 track days are not the norm. But neither are $200 track days for this area. What does Miller cost?

rybo
September 15th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Hi all,

I didn't mean for this to blow up like this here. Mike and the board have done a fantastic job of getting the MRA back to PPIR and I don't want to take away from that.

I've made the following request of Dave in PM,

Please move the posts in this thread related to my trackday to my thread announcing it.

and

Please move that thread to the "supporting vendors" area of the forum.

Scott

motobum
September 15th, 2008, 06:28 PM
What does Miller cost?

150-200$ depending on which track

Clarkie
September 15th, 2008, 07:18 PM

Yes I do think it is a pretty good comparison. PPIR is no laguna, Cal speedway or pahrump. Its really a personal choice and my choice is NOT to spend that kinda money for the tracks here.

If High plains charges that much (which I hope they don't) then I may pay that to support the track and I feel that the new track and its planned layout will make it worth while for the first few times.

Yes I know $75 track days are not the norm. But neither are $200 track days for this area. What does Miller cost?

while $75 is cool at Pueblo i have never seen a corner worker or ambulance crew for those days, for $200 you get a 'real' track day that is organised and has proper staff/corner workers etc

yes Colorado has had it good for a long time but lets not forget that a great racer was killed at an unregulated test n tune day in Colorado :cry: Big picture, you get what you pay for and safety is definitely worth paying for in my book

froth
September 15th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I don't really think 2 small is a bad deal. Weekend, full staffing, grub equals to me pretty fun. Of course, I have to work straight through, so my input is somewhat moot.

See y'all on race day, where I will have a blast, and still get lapped (chris, you blew by me in stu going 7-8, and it was a pleasure to be a part of :shock: )

polar x
September 16th, 2008, 03:36 AM
I hope it was a clean pass :oops:

froth
September 16th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Just like pulling off a band-aid, baby. Quick, close, and clean.

KipBook
September 16th, 2008, 09:28 PM
yes Colorado has had it good for a long time but lets not forget that a great racer was killed at an unregulated test n tune day in Colorado Crying or Very sad Big picture, you get what you pay for and safety is definitely worth paying for in my book

Well said!!! I don't know how many CM's will be able to attend (at minimum we only need 6 anyway) but just having an ambulance AT THE TRACK! is worth the cash alone! "Knock-on-wood", the ambulance crew will fortunately just be spectators!

cromer611
September 16th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I just look at it this way, 190 for 2 races, 200 for a organized track day. for me its alot, sorry to complain on the boards and cause a big ruckus. but for someone like me who barely gets by on money for tires and entry fees, its gonna be hard.

Scott really works hard to put on these events, and its really awesome to have cornerworkers and wambulances at the track. Allows you to push harder knowing that if you wreck someone will be there to scrape you off the track.(god forbid)

I really need the track time though, so i believe it will be the ramen diet after pueblo this weekend : )

BTW anyone have some mich takeoffs they wanna throw my way? : P

Clarkie
September 16th, 2008, 09:39 PM
a lot of people sacrifice going out drinking, going to movies, eating out etc etc to race properly, i guess it's about priorities and what you are willing to give up to race :wink:

cromer611
September 16th, 2008, 09:44 PM
a lot of people sacrifice going out drinking, going to movies, eating out etc etc to race properly, i guess it's about priorities and what you are willing to give up to race :wink:

Olive garden with da wife, movies with the wife.
So i make her various animal shapes out of paper, glue, and macaroni to show my love.
keeps her happy : )

Clarkie
September 16th, 2008, 10:11 PM
yup, your priorities are all screwed up :lol:

cromer611
September 16th, 2008, 10:39 PM
lol true : P

froth
September 17th, 2008, 06:00 AM
I have a rear, it's a 160, don't know if it will fit. If so, drop me a call 720 422 5932

Moto-Mania
September 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM
BTW anyone have some mich takeoffs they wanna throw my way? : P

Hey Erik,

I've got about 4 sets of Michelin sllcks and 2 sets of Dunlop dots used on liter bikes. They all look pretty good to me. The Michelins are from last year and the Dunlops from this year.

If you want to come get them out of my garage - they're yours.

dlabout
September 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I noticed PPIR is only 1.3 mile track. Does it ride about the same as IMI and its 1.1 mile track???

Woo Hoo. 2nd gear racing!!

Just a question from someone who has never been to PPIR.

-Doug

JimWilson29
September 25th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I noticed PPIR is only 1.3 mile track. Does it ride about the same as IMI and its 1.1 mile track???

-Doug

No not even close. The infield section is mostly 2nd gear but still no where near as tight as IMI. Once you get on the banking on front straight you can hit 5th gear before downshifting to 3rd for turn 1 and then you'll grab 4th coming out of 2 going on the back straight.
Much faster than IMI.

hcr25
September 25th, 2008, 02:42 PM

-Doug

You do realize the AMA used to race there right :wink:

dragos13
September 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah this track is FAR superior to IMI. As Mike said, AMA was there in what '04 or '05? Here is an onboard lap to give you an idea of what to expect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teC5U3w4M7Y

If its good enough for these guys, its going to be great for us!!!

2004 AMA Supersport Results:
1. Tommy Hayden, Kawasaki, 27:11.500, 84.1 mph
2. Aaron Gobert, Yamaha, +0.672
3. Jason DiSalvo, Yamaha, +6.070
4. Roger Lee Hayden, Kawasaki, +8.087
5. Jamie Hacking, Yamaha, +20.584
6. Steve Rapp, Suzuki, +23.984
7. Ben Spies, Suzuki, +24.180
8. Aaron Yates, Suzuki, +24.506
9. Ben Attard, Suzuki, +28.196
10. Tony Meiring, Kawasaki, +36.112
11. Michael Barnes, Yamaha, +39.301
12. Danny Eslick, Suzuki, +44.572
13. Nicky Moore, Suzuki, +47.928
14. Chris Peris, Suzuki, +50.056
15. Darren Luck, Suzuki, +1 lap

I CAN'T WAIT :twisted:

hcr25
September 25th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I raced the AMA national there in 1997 the first year the track was open The AMA raced there every year till the track closed

Spicee Brown
September 25th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Chandler used to own that track around that time, right, apple? 1999?
Shit, even Kocinski raced the ducati there. Dont know if he finished..

marty
September 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
with such short lap times, how many laps will we have for the sprint races

DingleBerns
September 25th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I personally think we should do 13-15 laps. If we were to keep with 7 laps, fast guys would be done with the sprint race in under 7 minutes.

cromer611
September 26th, 2008, 12:34 AM
dingle has a good point. race day will be very fast at this place. people with multiple races will be runnin around like crazy.

froth
September 26th, 2008, 05:55 AM
True, but barring long term crashes, we'd be out of there, like one thirty :lol:

rybo
September 26th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I'm sure race distance will be adjusted to make the sprint races a reasonable distance. If I remember right ROR went 30 laps in 05.

dragos13
September 26th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I have been told that we'll run 10 laps per sprint race (according to how it used to be done). Is this correct?

hcr25
September 26th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I think 10 laps for sprints and 20 for the ROR races.

The GECCO
September 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I have been told that we'll run 10 laps per sprint race (according to how it used to be done). Is this correct?

Most likely. 10 lap sprints and 20 lap RoR's. This would make the races the same length (time-wise) as they are at Pueblo and Hastings. Endurances will still be straight 30 min.

Scored51
September 26th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Most likely. 10 lap sprints and 20 lap RoR's. This would make the races the same length (time-wise) as they are at Pueblo and Hastings. Endurances will still be straight 30 min.

Unwinding after the races will take on a whole new meaning. The endurance races will be scored with a "dizziness" factor. :lol: Although turns 1-2-3 are definitely worth it.

hcr25
September 26th, 2008, 12:27 PM

Unwinding after the races will take on a whole new meaning. The endurance races will be scored with a "dizziness" factor. :lol: Although turns 1-2-3 are definitely worth it.

Back to back endurance races there will be fun :)

Jon
September 26th, 2008, 07:20 PM
No problem, Back in 05 I did back to back starting on the awesome fire breathing SV 650 and right after jumped onto the heavyweight TL 1000 Alright I admit it, I may have been a bit dizzy after riding the both. If I remember correctly that was actually before there was a break between the two endurance races, I was 10 or 15 pounds lighter and Shane the Tornado Turpin had just began his rule!

Scored51
September 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Jon,

That would explain why you just responded to a thread from 2005 that Mr. Garcia used as a test. :lol: Wait until you see the class track records. I've had to build them from the three race events (one was a double header) we had in 2005.