PDA

View Full Version : New Series in 09

newb
September 11th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I cannot believe no one has posted this here. Looks like the factories are pulling out of AMA!

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Sep/080910ussb.htm

gpsigs
September 11th, 2008, 02:25 PM
some..... Yamaha has stated they intend to race with DMG... tough times ahead but who knows, maybe something good will work out for the privateers

rybo
September 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I sincerely hope that this doesn't become the CART / IRL battle that destroyed indy car racing.

The Daytona Superbike class is something that is really going to be a big deal for privateer racers. Bikes roughly equal on tires and fuel equal...ought to make for some really exciting racing!

turbohoje
September 11th, 2008, 02:43 PM
did they change their direction? sorry for being behind on my reading, but last i checked they [dmg] didn't want anything to do with privateers.

Jon
September 12th, 2008, 07:56 AM
It's a dark dark day for all of Motorbike racing here in this country, for any of you who attend a national trying to figure out which series to go see's going to be the tough one! A big pissing match where the only one who losses is the fan and the sport of motorbikes. This I believe will elevate the MotoGp rounds though as they will be the only professional series in this country

rybo
September 12th, 2008, 08:09 AM
It's a dark dark day for all of Motorbike racing here in this country, for any of you who attend a national trying to figure out which series to go see's going to be the tough one! A big pissing match where the only one who losses is the fan and the sport of motorbikes. This I believe will elevate the MotoGp rounds though as they will be the only professional series in this country

Jon,

Don't forget World Superbikes...coming back to Miller!

Jon
September 22nd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I'll be on the Boulder Motorsports 1098 R, Come see us in 09! wait a minute........ the phone hasn't ran yet maybe I won't be I'm going straight to MotoGP :D