PDA

View Full Version : Chicane Trackdays - October 5th @ PPIR

rybo
September 11th, 2008, 08:36 AM
PPIR on October 5th!

This event is tailored to experienced trackday riders and racers. What does that mean?

It means that this event is NOT geared to new students or riders who have never been on a track before. There will not be instructors at this event.

To attend you will need to prove some level of previous instruction. There are three ways that this can happen:

1) If you have atteneded a Chicane Trackday event you are eligible
2) If you are on the Pueblo list you are eligible
3) If you hold a certificate from a recognized race training organization (Vanmar, MRA, Keith Code, Pridmore, Spencer, Schwantz, Penguin etc) or a valid race license, you are eligible.

Cost- $200
Includes track access for one rider and lunch for one rider ( please note that in order for your lunch to be included you need to sign up by Wed. Oct 1st )

Sessions will be run and group size limited to maintain safety on the track:

Beginner Session - is made up of riders with limited track experience. Riders in this group have atteneded a basic on track course and are building their skills and speed. Riders going around Pueblo in the 1:55+ range should consider riding in this group. There will be 25 spots in this session

Intermediate Session - is made up of more experienced riders that are comfortable at a greater speed. Riders in this group will tend to be street riders or racers that have a reasonable amount of track experience and are comfortable with passing at closer distances. Riders going around Pueblo in the 1:42 - 1:55 range should consider riding in this group. There will be 25 spots in this session.

Advanced Session - is made up of the fastest, most skilled riders. Many riders in this session will be licensed racers. These riders are comfortable with close passes and very high speeds. Riders going around Pueblo faster than 1:42 should consider riding in this group. Due to the greater skill requirement this session will have 30 spots.

About PPIR

PPIR is a 1.3 mile road course that utilizes an Alan Wilson designed infield and a part of the oval banking. With 6 turns and a relatively short course length 20 minute sessions will provide plenty of laps for most riders. Chicane Trackdays is pleased to have the very first motorcycle event at the venue since it re-opened. PPIR has previously hosted numerous rounds of MRA and AMA racing.

About Chicane Trackdays

Chicane Trackdays is committed to providing a high quality track riding experience. We employ safety techniques used in racing to maintain a safe environment for all of our participants. At our events we have a medical staff and corner crew on site. Additionally we work closely with track operators to assure that the venue set up to maintain safety.

We ask that you come to our events with an open mind and remember that this IS a trackday, not a race. Although it is valuable race practice, this is not the event to try to set a course record at.

Chicane Trackdays is proud to partner with several vendors that help make these days even better.

Vanmar Racing - Will be on site at PPIR to assist with your tire needs

Single Track Mind - Will be on site to assist with your suspension needs www.fixmybike.com

Rebellion Motorsports - Can provide trackside delivery of many parts or supplies you might want to have at this event www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Finally Marc with On the Marc photography will be on site to take pictures of your day! At our last event he took over 12,000 images! www.onthemarcphotography.com

For more information or to sign up please contact me at

scott@spleenlessracing.com

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you there!

Scott

ghostrider_9
September 11th, 2008, 09:56 AM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff172/ghostrider_9/Misc/ChicaneTrackDays5Oct08II.jpg

rybo
September 15th, 2008, 08:04 AM
A little bump to the top of the list... several spots already signed up and paid for! Come get some practice in before the race weekend!

S

dave.gallant
September 15th, 2008, 08:20 AM
A little bump to the top of the list... several spots already signed up and paid for! Come get some practice in before the race weekend!

S

I have let these posts slide, but it is getting closer and closer to an advertisement for a commercial exercise and less about an informative post.

Please guys, don't start making me regulate the track day (for $$) and photos (for $$) posts into the Supporting Vendor area by
bumping these non stop.

Or, post them in the Supporting Vendor area.

rybo
October 2nd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Official Schedule

7:00 - Gates Open
7:30 - Registration / Tech Opens
8:00 - All riders meeting
9:00 - Track goes hot - Advanced
9:20 - Intermediate
9:40 - Beginner

Cycle repeats till 12:00

12:00- Lunch - If you've prepaid for the day your lunch is included

12:45 - brief riders meeting
1:00 - Track Goes Hot Advanced
1:20 - Intermediate
1:40 - Beginner

Repeats till track goes cold at 5:00 PM

Addtl info:

Air fence- There may be some short delays in the day to refill the airfence. Please bear with us as we are keeping the track as safe as possible.

Lunch - If you've paid in advance for this event then your lunch is included! There will be concessions on site from approx 10:30 AM till about 2:00 PM. It's typical track food, burgers, brats, chips and the such.

Garages- There are a limited number of garages available. There is no extra charge for the garages, but they will be first come first serve. No fuel or fueling in the garages, 4 bikes max per bay, clean up when you leave.

Finding your way around PPIR - There are a number of racers who are coming to the event that are going to be giving sighting laps for the first few sessions. They will be identified at the riders meetings.

Rule #1 will be in effect at this event - Don't crash.

marty
October 3rd, 2008, 09:25 PM
is this event rain or shine? one weather report says 30% chance and another says 50% chance of rain

rybo
October 4th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Hey Marty,

Yup, this event goes rain or shine!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Scott

marty
October 4th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Hey Marty,

Scott
werd, i'll bring my mountain bike tires

dave.gallant
October 4th, 2008, 02:18 PM
You and your big horsepower bike had better get all the practice you can get! I have a secret weapon in the works for next weekend! :)

Hey Marty,

Scott
werd, i'll bring my mountain bike tires

marty
October 4th, 2008, 04:21 PM
You and your big horsepower bike had better get all the practice you can get! I have a secret weapon in the works for next weekend! :)

i sure hope so, its looks bad when a black # plate gets run down by a yellow plate :twisted: THE GAME IS AFOOT GOOD SIR

froth
October 4th, 2008, 07:02 PM
"Let it rain,
Let it rain,
Let the rain fall down on me." (Eric Clapton, guitar god/obscure 250GP legend)

dave.gallant
October 4th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I filled my scuba tank with nitrous and plumbed it straight into the intake. (I hope tech doesn't mind that I also routed a line to my helmet!)

You might as well give up all hope.

i sure hope so, its looks bad when a black # plate gets run down by a yellow plate :twisted: THE GAME IS AFOOT GOOD SIR

marty
October 4th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I filled my scuba tank with nitrous and plumbed it straight into the intake. (I hope tech doesn't mind that I also routed a line to my helmet!)

You might as well give up all hope.

oh yeah, well i just rerouted my vent hose, thats gotta be good for at least two more hp. btw, can i get some nitro in my helmet too?