PDA

View Full Version : if you were getting a tattoo what would you get?

benfoxmra95
September 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I have a gift cert from fuller any I've always wanted to get something but struggle with what it would be.

I have been doing some research lately geneology(ancestoral history) and see that most surnames names are linked to a "coat of arms" that might date back to times when everything was swords and shields and castles etc...

I thought that might be something that "had some meaning" that wouldn't be regretted when I was 60.

but then I thought well why would I want a tattoo of something that I have no immediate connection with and can't really relate too and then thought why can't a group like ours (the mra) have some nifty insignia or coat of arms type logo, I mean, we are like a clan, definately a family of some sort, and when we work together we can be an army.

I see the mra as a type of modern day "brotherhoood" (or sisterhood with the LOR, donna :) ) Maybe not so much as a secret society like skull & bones, but we are definately in our own right some type of fraternity.

Maybe someone out there, Chris Fuller, or some other artisitcally gifted person could come up with a sweet ass piece of artwork like a coat of arms that's themed around the MRA and roadracing motorcycles, that we could use for a tattoo. I don't know maybe a shield with a tire on it and a quadrant you could put your race # in and some pistons and rods forming an x underneath it. Now that's something I'd have no problem knowing that someone else has the same tattoo as me, and it'd have meaning and I definately wouldn't regret having it when I was going in for a job interview, whenever that day comes.... :roll:

thoughts?

Mark Schellinger
September 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ben

It's a effin no brainer...

http://i37.tinypic.com/ka34ol.jpg

Ray-Ray
September 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Now THAT'S EFFIN Funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wild Cheetah 612
September 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I see the mra as a type of modern day "brotherhoood" (or sisterhood with the LOR, donna :)
Thank you!!

I could be behind that, totally! I was thinking of a racebike with my number on on my left ankle, but this MRA badge would be awesome!

Let the artistic muses run wild!

dragos13
September 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Great idea Ben. I always wanted a tattoo that was related to racing and figured I'd just do something with my race number also. I think an actual MRA type badge would be awesome. I have no creativity so I'll leave my input at that.

benfoxmra95
September 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
if it were to be some type of badge, i have a few more ideas...

the outer edges of it, it could form several points somehow and on top of the those points you could put a #1 for every championship you've won

and then maybe there could be a border that surrounds the whole thing where you put little #1's for every race you've won.

maybe there's some place to put your bike logo, like the yamaha logo on it or the suzuki "s". or maybe an area that you somehow can incorporate several logos, for those of us that have ridden multiple brands.

I can envision this somehow, but i couldn't put it on paper as stick figures and extremely poor penmenship are my abilities.

Yes I have nothing better to do today, im sitting around taking bong hits.... j/k...

Scored51
September 10th, 2008, 01:16 PM
There is NO question in my mind Ben that it needs to include your number 95. I would also suggest making the championship symbols simple and small that can continue to be added as the seasons roll on. For example, stars surrounding the main design.

I might also suggest creating a design that is more general to motorcycle roadracing and then linking it with Colorado. Because if something were to ever happen that made to angry enough to quit (ie Mark and his Michelin comments - although I agree) you wouldn't be stuck with an MRA logo on your arse!

Maybe we could have a vote at the next rider's meeting at Pueblo. :D

ChickenStrip
September 10th, 2008, 03:45 PM
How about this one....

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/bdpeterman/sexy.jpg

JimWilson29
September 10th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Ben actually looks like Ron Jeremy a little

benfoxmra95
September 10th, 2008, 04:35 PM
only from the waist down....

froth
September 10th, 2008, 05:28 PM
F-gettabout it.

Should read like-
God
Corps
Country
MRA 95

Scorekeeper
September 10th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Ben,
I needed a laugh. Now don't get too wild you guys....it's just a visual thing! :D I'm still bustin a gut. Now, about that bong....
Chris

oldtimer
September 11th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Ben if you want a cool coat-of-arms ala MRA design, duh! Call Tedi Jensen, she'll whip up something worthy to stamp on your pristine caboose. :D

She did the king Clarkie logo, which reminds me of coat-of-arms....

ChickenStrip
September 11th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Ben actually looks like Ron Jeremy a little

That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw Ben with long hair.

Ray-Ray
September 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Ben if you want a cool coat-of-arms ala MRA design, duh! Call Tedi Jensen, she'll whip up something worthy to stamp on your pristine caboose. :D

She did the king Clarkie logo, which reminds me of coat-of-arms....

Tedi ROCKS! Her work is incredible. She designed the "World Famous Short Bus Race Team" logo as well.

chris nami
September 11th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Sexy Ben, (or should i say Ben Jeremy)
i think that sounds like a great idea and a challenge. i am totally up for designing something that works for this idea...after all it's what i do. so after i clean up the Cheerios and milk i blew out my nose, (thanks Mark) i will start thinking of some ideas. lol :lol:

JohnGarc
September 14th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Ben,

That is really cool inspiration for a tattoo. I have dueling lions on my right arm, I am going to put race flags in the middle with a motif of my number and a couple of motorcycle parts hanging out in the background.

Just thought I would let you know my passion is on my sleeve. Like tats , they are all works in progress and seem to keep getting bigger and then eventually want more... Its nice to know we have a sweet Tat artist in the MRA.... Chris , I will be looking you up soon!!!