PDA

View Full Version : Track day photos

ghostrider_9
September 10th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I know that this is not from a race, but many of you were out for Scott's Chicane Track Days Labor Day Extravaganza. All of the images are up. Follow the link below to get to them. Please take a few minutes to read the notes. It will make things a lot easier for you . . .

Notes - If you are looking for your images, follow this link ---> www.onthemarcphotography.com
Once there, the easiest way to find your images is to put your name (or plate number) into the search bar at the top and hit enter. This will return all of the images of you. You can select the number of images that you want to see on a page at the bottom, so you don't have to flip thorugh as many pages. You can also sign in and select your favorite images by using the lightbox feature. Everytime you sign in after that, the images in your lightbox will be there. On top of all of that, you can e-mail pics directly from the site to your friends and family (or whoever else you'd like). As always, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Either drop me a line at marc@onthemarcphotography.com, send me a pm or give me a call at 720-226-8939.

Also, if your name does not bring up your images, then you might be one of the select few that I was unable to identify (either no info sheet or no number plate). If this is the case, then simply type "who am I" or "unidentifed" into the search bar and you will see the very few people that I did not have a name for. If you let me know who you are, I can associate a name to the images. Select one of the images of yourself and send it to me via the website at marc@onthemarcphotography.com.

Marc

ghostrider_9
September 10th, 2008, 03:02 PM
If you have a minute or two, I would appreciate some feedback. What I am looking for, specifically, are a few things:

First, what do you think about the site setup? Is it easy to use? Does it make finding your images easier . . . etc?

Second, what do you think about the images themselves? I have had several thoughts on this. Are there too many similar pics? Does having the sequence shots help you get a better idea of your body position? Which shots do you like the best?

Since it wasn't a race I was actually able to go and take pictures from places I normally would not have been able to take pictures from as it would have been too distracting to the rider during a race. As a result, I hope that I was able to come up with some unique perspectives and provide you guys with some shots that you normally wouldn't be able to get.

Lastly, what can I do to make this better/easier for you guys to use? Is there anything else that you would like to see from me? Any sort of constructive criticism is not only welcomed, but also encouraged.

Thanks for your time.

Marc

T Baggins
September 10th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I love being able to search by rider number.

I definitely prefer the photos where there are multiple riders in them. I've been doing this long enough that I don't really "need" more photos of "just me" - and after a while they all start to look the same. When there are multiple riders in the shot it helps differentiate one race from the other and in many cases there is a "story" that goes with the photo which helps me remember the event.

just my .02

ghostrider_9
September 10th, 2008, 04:06 PM
This is exactly the type of feed back that I am looking for. Thanks for taking the time to respond! Anyone else have any thoughts that they would like to add?

dragos13
September 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Great work Marc, I really like the photos so far and look forward to the full size prints.

You have really great angles and do a great job capturing the racer at the apex of the turn which helps with improving body position, etc.

The website makes searching really easy. Maybe you could create a way to auto select all pictures of a certain rider to add to the lightbox, that way we dont have to go thru and click each one. Just a thought, as everything else is really good.

I odered my prints from the Chicane Trackday and look forward to seeing them in full resolution. Thanks again for your work Marc!!!

ghostrider_9
September 11th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I will talk to the developer and see if there is an easy way to do that? I will let you konw what comes of it.

As far as the pics. I was really glad that I had the freedom of the track day to get where I needed to be to create some pretty wicked shots. I hope that you guys enjoy the pics and hopefully they can help you make improvements to body positioning.

ghostrider_9
September 11th, 2008, 03:46 PM
On another note, if you guys are interested, I can turn these pics into some wicked posters!!! I can create any style poster you are looking for, from a personal poster, to something you can hang at the races to show your appreciation for your sponsors. Just let me know if you are interested . . .