PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for Shane Cahill

Wild Cheetah 612
September 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Shane Cahill was involved in a work accident where he was electrocuted. He is currently in an induced coma in a California (San Diego?) hospital where they are having to amputate his hands.

That's all I know. I will post up more info as is comes in.

September 9th, 2008, 07:50 PM
damn. that is bad news. i'll get in touch with shiloh but if you talk to him first, find out if there is anything they need.

seann

benfoxmra95
September 10th, 2008, 09:44 AM
for those that don't know who he is, shane raced with the mra from (i think) 99-02.

he was a real good rider and I think he finished 5th in ror points in his last season, on a R1 he bought from dan turner.

He loved racing and would do whatever it took to make a race. Before he bought a bike from sean fey he was racing an old p.o.s. zx6 that maybe made 80hp, and would kick peoples butt on it.

This is a real shame, It really puts things into perspective, here we are bitching about insignificant things on the forums and its easy to lose sight of how lucky we are to just be able to have the ability to do what we do on mra weekends.

Today's the aniversary date of another very very good friend of mine who didn't make it from injuries from a crash at mountain view.

We shold all take a few minutes out today to be thankful for who we are where we are and what we are doing.

Donny Bruner 166
Jim Forrington 111
Dirk Piz 777
Willy Sharp
Gene Bazyl 502

and everyone else who's been hurt doing what we love so much, you are not forgotten.

September 10th, 2008, 09:52 AM
well said, Ben.

clowe
September 10th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Ben,

I could not have said it better!!!

We miss you all!!!

Crash

ericarhenke
September 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Hi, this is Shane's girlfriend Erica. One of my friends found this post and I just wanted to make sure everyone has been updated on him. I'm not sure who a lot of the old racing crew is but I think Shiloh has talked to most everyone. If anyone wants more info they can call Shiloh or myself (i have Shane's phone) or go to the blog that was set up for him at shanedogblog.blogspot.com. If you don't have Shane or Shiloh's number just message me on here.

We truly appreciate everyones prayers, thoughts and words of compassion for Shane!

Thanks for everyones support!

Erica

SHANECAHILL#129
September 12th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone Shiloh and I ( Emma his wife) have set up an account on here for shanedog 129.
Over the last few months shane has been talking about wanting to move back to Colorado because he missed you guys so much.
There is nothing he loved more than being on his bike racing against you guys, our house is decorated with his winning plaques!

Shane and Shiloh had some of there best days with you guys racing hard and knowing those boys partying hard too!

Shane as you know has an amazing spirit and energy and I know after the initial shock and greiving he will be back to his crazy spider monkey self!

He went from bubble boy, to winning championships and dont think for a minute this is going to keep him down he will come back fighting harder than ever!

Please keep praying and giving you support and kind words its amazing to know that so many people love Shane, when I married Shiloh I certainly married Shane to!

If anyone wants to get in contact with Shiloh or Shane please email
emmacahill82@yahoo.com
or call
Shiloh 909 935 7841
Emma 619 886 4097

and we will be happy to past on your kind words!

Much Love

Shiloh, Shane & Emma Cahill xx

benfoxmra95
October 8th, 2008, 05:31 PM
has anyone heard how he's doing?

If you do a search on this forum and type in him name, you'll see the number of matches are the same as his old race number.

If your listening dude get better soon...