PDA

View Full Version : Adopt-A-(cute girl!)Novice for 2009 season

spyvspy
September 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hey there-

So Tony B reminded me it might be a good thing to exploit the girl-factor when posting this one! Ha. I wouldn't usually, but hey-- if it works, it works! I hope the subject line helps instead of hurts! (And hey-- for you girl racers out there, I would LOVE to be mentored by you too! That would be so great!)

Some of you have probably met me or seen me-- I work corners most race weekends (I was in turn 9 this past Sat and turn 1 on Sunday) or hang out with my boyfriend, Tom (#416), in the pits. Sometimes I bring along my miniature pinscher, Houdini.

I am looking for someone to "adopt me" for next season. I am a brand-new-to-racing (and, actually, a brand-new-to-riding) rider with an '03 SV650. I have done 3-4 track days this season, picked up my racing certification, and hope to get one race weekend in before the end of this season (looking at doing LoR and Sportman). I am looking for someone to coach/mentor me next year. Specifically, I am really looking for one-on-one coaching on track days (and maybe an occasional pre-race practice session, if you're up for it). This year, I have been working on lines at PMP, trying to get smooth, working on body positioning, break points, corner speed, exits... and now/next year I need to start from there and keep progressing. So far, I am loving every second of it. Like most of you guys, it's totally consumed me! I definitely acknowledge that I have a steep learning curve since I am so new to riding, but then again there may be advantages to never having picked up bad habits on the street.

If this sounds like something you might be into helping me with, let me know.

So what's in it for you? I am more than happy to help out with gas for getting to/from the track, picking up track day fees, washing your bike, buying you beer, baking you cookies, etc. Ha! We'll figure something out.

Thanks for considering!
Kate

racedk6
September 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Both you guys know I will help you out as much as possible with parts!

Im sure someone will be more then happy to help you out. Good luck on the search

-Steve

Edda Tully
September 8th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Kate,
Edda Tully here, bike # 871, I raced at your track twice this 2008 race season and loved every moment of it. You, I definitely remember for your kindness, smiles and big claps in the corner for that many, many thanks. I wish I were closer I would be more than happy to work with you however, I live in Albuquerque and won't be up in your neck of the woods again until next year. At which point I just might be racing against you as well as all the other LoR. I know we've all been there, done that, you're where we were, and we're where you'll be. I know all the Ladies of the Rockies are great and I'm sure anyone of them will help you as soon as they see your post.. I really do wish you all the best in your racing endeavors and success in your very near racing future. Take care, and keep the rubber side down...
Regards,
Edda Tully
MRA 871
SMRI 071

Jon
September 9th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm all there for you anytime but first I gotta taste your cookies! :wink: You know me I'm always thee card and the g-friend would kill me if she ever sees this!