PDA

View Full Version : Dan Harmon

Jon
September 8th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Anyone know about how Dan Harmon's doing? He crashed in turn 9 yesterday during ROR and it must have been right after or during me passing him there. Though I was about four feet away and going straight. I simply outbroke him but just wanted to check and see if he's alright? Anyone?

The GECCO
September 8th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Jon, I was announcing the race from T7 so I didn't respond to the scene, but I do recall that the tower ambulance reported being "back in service" (ie, they are no longer treating anyone and are available) about 5 minutes after the accident so if Dan was even treated at all I can't imagine it was anything serious.

cromer611
September 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
silver bike right? he was pitted next to our YoungBlood pits. he looked a little banged up but he seemed more bummed out while packing up.

if he is the one your talkin about

Jon
September 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Yes 119 that's him. I should have come looking but was busy with getting my own effort on the road.

JenJen
September 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Dan came to the race day office after Agto. He said that he was a lil sore but nothing to serious. He was probably still sore from his crash in turn 8 during race 6. But he was up and walking around alright.

Vanmar Racing
September 8th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Dan was really upset after the crash.
He rides an RC-51 and it looked like it was going to need some parts. His Dad said that they are probably all done for the season. ($$$)

I have a call into him to see how he is doing but I wonder if anyone out there has any parts to this type of bike???

Dan and his Dad are the nicest people you can meet at an MRA event.

I hate to see their season end.

Tammy

rforsythe
September 8th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Not that I have RC-51 parts, but what do they need?

I'm sure if someone here can help out, it will happen. Just gotta know what Dan's trying to find.

qwiksilver119
September 9th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Hey all, thanks for the concern and well wishes. I am fine, just got knocked out and maybe a mild concussion. It was a really strange crash, and the worst part is, I don't quite know what caused it. I will be taking a look at the bike this week and figuring out what I need to do to get back out there!

It's great to be in a club where the people actually care what happens to their fellow riders. Thanks again, and I will see you all soon!

d_mob
September 9th, 2008, 12:27 PM
although i didn't see it, multiple people at the corner said that it looked as if you went in too hot and grabbed too much front brake. a few mentioned that the "front end locked up and caused a wash out".

i looked over from our pits right after the crash and saw you laying there for 30 - 40 seconds. i was a bit worried and was glad to see you walking around in your pit afterward. i would have come over to see how you were doing, but don't really know you.

anyway, i hope everything heals up well and speedy for you (including the bike).

see you soon --

david - # 178

qwiksilver119
September 9th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah, it was really strange. I got into a tankslapper some how and went from lock to lock about 3 times and then it threw me over the top. After that it was lights out. The bike has always been rock solid under braking so I can't understand what would cause me to start swapping like that. Anyone have any experience with this?

polar x
September 9th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah, it was really strange. I got into a tankslapper some how and went from lock to lock about 3 times and then it threw me over the top. After that it was lights out. The bike has always been rock solid under braking so I can't understand what would cause me to start swapping like that. Anyone have any experience with this?

Well my money is on Jon kicking your front tire when he dove under you.....j/k :wink:

Jon
September 9th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Dan,
Do you remember me passing right before turn 9? I simply outbroke you and went up the inside. Then during the next lap while I was heading up the hill towards turn 4 the red flag was thrown. If you were tankslapping, I didn't see it but maybe it was after I passed but it's not uncommon for brakepads to get pushed back into the calipers in these cases. Regardless if indeed you got the shakes going into a corner you've got something seriously wrong with the bike.
As far as parts give Lithium Motorsports a shout Rob used to race a pretty trick RC with the CRA in MN when I was up there he may still have a couple left, nice staight shooting guy and give him my best. Feel free to call me at 720-841-6020 as like I said I remember passing you with no contact every seemed in order and I'm just hope you don't think I had anything whatsoever with your crash and of course I'm glad your alright! Take care

qwiksilver119
September 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Jon,
Trust me, I am 100% sure that you had nothing to do with me crashing. I don't remember the pass, but I've been passed by you enough to know that you would do it in a safe manner!

I may give Rob at Lithium a call. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I need. It may not be as bad as I originally thought, considering I have a fair amount of spares myself. Thanks again for your concern, and I hope to see you out there again soon!

Also, Tammy, if you read this, thank you so much for all of your help!

rforsythe
September 10th, 2008, 09:29 AM
It's interesting that you mention this, as I got some unusual fishtailing going into T2 (in the same place that Sheila crashed a few days earlier) getting hard on the brakes. In my case I think I downshifted too hard, and got on the brakes while the bike was still quite unsettled. Fortunately I wasn't over the top into the turn as it was, so I was able to let off the brakes a little and get it smoothed out. Anyway, just offering another theory for ya.

gixxermike
September 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Glad you are alright buddy, I have a subframe and a tail section laying around if you need it...just lemme know.

Hotrod
September 10th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I have an rc51 screen new in the bag, and some bodywork out in the garage somewhere. Its even silver/purple. I need to go look and see what kind of shape it is in.

qwiksilver119
September 10th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Thank you very much everyone! Hopefully I will be able to have an idea of exactly what I need tonight or tomorrow. I really appreciate all of your help!