PDA

View Full Version : PPIR camping concern *camping allowed*

DingleBerns
September 7th, 2008, 08:52 PM
This doesn't bother me as I don't have a tow hauler, a tent, or just camp in the trailer but there are a lot of MRA peeps that do. So my dad, who works on race cars for guys from the RMVR club, told be that PPIR did not allow the club NASA to camp out at the track during their event. Not even in their trailers in the infield, they had to leave the track and camp outside in the parking lot. Is this something the MRA is going to have to deal with?

thoughts... :?

dave.gallant
September 7th, 2008, 09:40 PM
There has never been a problem for RVs in the infield in the many years we have raced there, but tent camping was not allowed.

That said, there are new owners so who knows. I find it hard to believe they are going to make the RVs unhook and camp out in the back parking just to pull back in the morning?

I am sure a Board member will read this and then will go ask on our behalf.

Lel399
September 8th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I think Justin said thats what you had to do for the AMA at Daytona... if you had to fix your bike, you had to load up and take it outside because they locked the gates at 7:00 or something and you had to be out of the infield... I hope thats not the case.

Jon
September 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Though you can't camp in the paddock at Daytona there is RV parking within the speedway as well as outlying tent camping at the base of the banking at the east infield. As far as PPIR concerned I'd get in touch with a board member I'm sure they'll clear it up. But I wouldn't confuse PPIR DIS you could but PPIR in DIS's parking lot!

DingleBerns
September 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
i hope this is not the case but im sure glenn will jump in soon

dingle

The GECCO
September 9th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Camping will be allowed at PPIR.

NASA was allowed to camp in the pits during their event.

I think the wires got crossed because they did not allow camping for an SCCA autocross event that was held out in the parking lot, because there isn't any bathroom facilities, power, etc outside the fence so they didn't feel allowing camping over there was appropriate.

DingleBerns
September 9th, 2008, 11:03 AM
thanks for clearing that up Glenn!

Dingle

DingleBerns
September 21st, 2008, 08:59 PM
with friday being a practice day, will the track be open thursday night to camp out there?