PDA

View Full Version : AHMRA - Sandia Classic - September 12-14th!!!

grant_me_rev's
September 3rd, 2008, 04:34 AM
Vintage Motorcycle Racing in New Mexico!!

SMRI has extended this invitation out to the members of the MRA - some of the classes that we can participate / register for during the Sandia Classic / AHMRA event include Open SBK, a Supermoto class and the Ladies Formula Femme series. Although this is a vintage event the AHRMA would like to also include / showcase modern day race machines through the Open SuperBike class, SuperMoto and the also the Ladies Formula Femme Race.

AHRMA is the National Historic series that comes to Sandia every year… it's a very popular event as it's considered the AMA for the older bikes…however not all the bikes are old… the Sounds of Thunder race holds newer SV’s and other V-twins… For the past 3 years SMRI has been asked to showcase some of the race classes like Open SBK and the SuperMoto series in an effort to increase local and national interest.

With the success of the Supermoto series and the Superbike races last year, AHRMA offered another race class to it's schedule. This may or may not have a purse, however it's in front of a HUGE crowd. The SMRI Board felt that the next class to showcase at the upcoming AHRMA event is the Formula Femme!!! If any MRA member wishes to be a part of this event in either the Open SBK class, the SuperMoto series or Ladies for the Formula Femme race this is another venue to participate in set for September 12-14, 2008.

To register for one of these events, you will need to logon to the Sandia Classic website http://www.sandiaclassic.net/ for more information. If interested in participating just print out the entry forms and write in, "Open SuperBike - SMRI" or "Formula Femme - SMRI" on the bottom and send it in. This is a great opportunity to race at an event that is as large as this one.

Good luck to all that register!!

If you have questions, feel free to get in touch with any SMRI official.
http://www.smri-racing.org/

Jon
September 3rd, 2008, 06:44 AM
I assume this is the AHRMA that races at Mid Ohio, Daytona, Road America, Miller Motorsports Willow and etc. that I won two national championships with in 1999? You may wish to check your rulebook as last I knew (I raced with them at Mid Ohio back in July) they only offer modern bike racing in Sound of Thunder, Battle of the twins F1,F2 and F3, Super Motard and Sound of Singles. The Open Superbike classes are for older Big Superbikes from the late seveties, early eighties. Not Moderns GSXR's CBR's and R1's

Jon
September 3rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
I stand corrected as I see from the link that they seem to have accommodated the big bikes as well as you femme fetales. That's great and really wish I could make it down there. Craig Murray's really helped this event grow and some of the speeds that those Vintage bikes go with modern tires is amazing given their age. Would you do me a favor and give my best to Cindy, Will, Craig Bracken and the rest of the crew?