PDA

View Full Version : Marines

hcr25
August 25th, 2008, 12:02 PM
So last Friday i was meeting the couple that bought my SV. They were running a little late for our appointment at their finance company. Right around the corner was a Marine recruiting office. I went in for some information and guess what! I am to old to join. They said you cant be older then 29 in boot camp.
I would have guessed that if you are healthy and willing age would not be all that important.
mike

rforsythe
August 25th, 2008, 12:19 PM
So last Friday i was meeting the couple that bought my SV. They were running a little late for our appointment at their finance company. Right around the corner was a Marine recruiting office. I went in for some information and guess what! I am to old to join. They said you cant be older then 29 in boot camp.
I would have guessed that if you are healthy and willing age would not be all that important.
mike

I thought they had bumped up the age to 30-something just to get more people in... Hm, guess not.

gixxermike
August 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Mike still wouldn't have made it even at 30....lol...sorry buddy I think the Air Force is 35 tho now.

froth
August 25th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I can't go back either. Something about "The few, the Proud, the non-arthritic."

richlundeen
August 26th, 2008, 12:02 AM
"The few, the Proud, the non-arthritic."

Hey now............... "The Few, the Proud, the Non-Arthritic." Caps baby. All better. ;>)

MIKEY! You can always come over as a contractor. If you specifically want to contract for the Corps, that's an option as well.

The Iraq reconstruction programs are going well. There are a lot of programs training these folks. I'm working on one North of Baghdad at Taji, training the Iraqi Army.

Unfortunately, it'll be quite some time before we start working on the racing things here.

Dodd
August 26th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I did the contract thing, 13 months of hauling Army brass around downtown bagdad in a convoy of armored suburbans. I can tell you this, I was never so happy to come back, and drive a police car around a little mountain town for 1/3 the money. I get shot at ALOT less.

gixxermike
August 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I will be heading over right after the last round at PPIR (priorities...lol) to start my contract year as a firefighter, luckily we don't go anywhere to get shot at.

froth
August 27th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Mike: Just be careful and come back to race with us again! Not to put too fine a point on it, YOU are more important than they are! I keep debating on looking for some logistics type work, will depend on the great green god, of course.

See you at the track!

Dodd
August 27th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I agree w/ Fred. Thank you for serving, but be carefull. Hopefully you can get a decent FOB, I lived on Falcon, Victory and the last couple months in the Green Zone. The Green Zone was by far the best, and they had some really trick Fire Apparatus.

BE CAREFULL!

Dodd
August 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I agree w/ Fred. Thank you for serving, but be carefull. Hopefully you can get a decent FOB, I lived on Falcon, Victory and the last couple months in the Green Zone. The Green Zone was by far the best, and they had some really trick Fire Apparatus.

BE CAREFULL!

ChickenStrip
August 28th, 2008, 08:06 AM
You should try the Army......

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/bdpeterman/Army.jpg

Throttleroller277
August 28th, 2008, 11:28 AM
:P =D> =D> :P 8)

gixxermike
August 28th, 2008, 02:27 PM
You should try the Army.....

Damn I knew I joined the wrong service, no guns like that in the Air Force :shock: :lol: