PDA

View Full Version : what brand/model of gloves do you wear?

motobum
August 17th, 2008, 06:43 PM
im interested in hearing opinions on which gloves you like and which you dont (and why)..

TBSgraphics
August 17th, 2008, 07:27 PM
http://www.heldusa.com/akira.htm

The best glove I have had so far, I have used Frank Thomas, Spidi, A-Star(gp pro,sp-1), Joe rocket and a few others, so far these are the best fit, best feel and overall comfort,
I did low side with them at hastings and held up good, still using them.

I first used them due to the fact it feels like there are no seems in the palm and finger areas, I know there are but the way they are sticted eliminates the bulky feeling that all other gloves have, Faster(TK) used to carry them not sure if they still do but you should try a pair on,
also, they come in many more sizes than others, they use a 8,8.5, 9... and so on fitting system, not just s,m,l..

try them

polar x
August 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Joe rocket. Crashed in them (alot :oops: ) and they have held up VERY well. I am on my 3rd pair and the selling point to me, besides crashability, is they fit my long skinny hands. Most gloves fit fine in the palm but due to my long fingers they fit short in there. The Joe Rockets do not have that problem for me. Best $150 I have spent.

dirkterrell
August 17th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I agree on the fit and feel of the Held gloves. I use the Phantom model. I had a lowside in 7 at Pueblo and was sliding along with my hand pinned under my body (back of my hand to the track). Not a single mark on my hand.

Dirk

gpsigs
August 18th, 2008, 08:44 AM
held is the best. just made the swith this year. great comfort, fit and feel. i've been down in them twice now and they're still perfect. worth paying the money for them.

motobum
August 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
ya held seems nice, but im looking for a glove that attaches the pinky and ring finger.

Hotrod
August 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I love my a*'s and they attach the pinky to the ringfinger with webbing.

Scored51
August 18th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Alpinestar GPs for me. I do like the crash protection, but they are tight. You could always have someone like Kris Hillman sew in the bridge piece between the fingers.

gyrtr1
August 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Kushitani and Spidi. Have been down multiple times with either and they are awesome!!! Dont mind the crashes :oops: Crash test dummies are hard to find but I seem to be testing these things out for them pretty well. :)

LEVIATHAN
August 22nd, 2008, 01:15 AM
ICON (Merc) has been THE best for me in every way. Comfortable as heck and they have survived more crashes than I'd like to admit, keeping my hands well everytime. The gloves are still in great shape, best $100 I've spent on gear 8)

Spicee Brown
August 22nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
I bought a set of Cortech track gloves, cool features, price is $80...blew out a seam after 3 track rides races! At least the rep is cool ..but I feel I shoulda stuck with Alpinestars.
Foor what its worth, the Olympias held up really well in a high side crash. I may rock those out..they still look good.