PDA

View Full Version : AGTU Highside Caught!

Doughboy
August 12th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Sunday 8/10/08 @ Pueblo in turn 5, I made a critical error and Adam from jadamphotography.com was there to catch almost all of it in a series of pix. Miraculously, I limped away without destroying myself. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the bike. Thank god for gear! Thanks to everyone that helped with my bike, myself, etc. The entire MRA crew remains 2nd to none.

Here's the link to the pix. Thanks Adam!

http://www.jadamphotography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=5090
[/img]

dragos13
August 12th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I can't believe you slid all the way up the hill. Glad you are ok bro, let me know of you need anything to get back out there.

giovannir6
August 12th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Damn Callahan NO more of that! Glad you're ok

Doughboy
August 12th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I can't believe you slid all the way up the hill. Glad you are ok bro, let me know of you need anything to get back out there.

Thanks Casey! I'll git r done one way or another...

dave.gallant
August 12th, 2008, 12:05 PM
That's impressive! I have never seen somehow highside UP a hill before. :shock:

bluedevil
August 12th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Out of curiosity.. Did you hit that chunked up assphault right on the race line as you head up that hill? I damn near tucked the front twice on that stuff....
Glad your ok... That looked nasty..

Doughboy
August 12th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Damn Callahan NO more of that! Glad you're ok

Thanks Gio. It's good to be in one piece!

That's impressive! I have never seen somehow highside UP a hill before.

I do by best not to disappoint! Inertia, in this instance, was a real bitch.

Out of curiosity.. Did you hit that chunked up assphault right on the race line as you head up that hill? I damn near tucked the front twice on that stuff....
Glad your ok... That looked nasty..

Thanks Dion! As much as I'd like to think that void in the pavement contributed to the folly, I think it was more my fault than anything. I haven't figured out how to dial in my setup AND, more importantly, the rear started to go and I think I let off the throttle just enough to make the sh*t go down. It caught and launched me at least 10 feet up. I flipped completely and landed flat on my back. The back protector saved my spine for sure.
Lesson learned!

Jadam
August 12th, 2008, 01:12 PM
You were way high in the air before I got my lens back up. It was quite a scary sight. One of the worst high sides I've seen in person. I was standing there uttering swear words, then looked back over and you were actually standing up and walking around. I'm seriously surprised you walked away from that one Chris. I like the R6 idea 8)

JimWilson29
August 12th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Chris did you ever order any of this?

http://www.identi-tape.com/photos/Duct-Fluor.jpg

polar x
August 12th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I think you could give the men's synchronized events a run for their money!

DAMN that looks like it hurt. Glad you ok, but nice form. all in all a 9.7! :wink:

Moto-Mania
August 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Glad you walked away from that one.
I think you may have won pole position in the RRW crash page.

nude
August 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Looks like good 2009 MRA program crash page material to me! I only use crash sequences were the riders are OK.

ChickenStrip
August 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
=D> =D> =D> =D>

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/bdpeterman/RagDoll.gif