PDA

View Full Version : PPIR Update

The GECCO
August 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
On my way to the Pueblo meeting on Saturday I was able to meet with the people at PPIR and we toured the facility.

It looks great. Cosmetically, it looks like it's been sitting idle for three years and they are working feverishly to get things cleaned up, but the racing surface is in really good shape and I think we can all agree that this is what's important. We discussed some changes that they are in favor of that will make the track even safer than it was before. For those that have never been, it was never a dangerous place to race but it will be even better now.

The thing that had me worried the most was the bump in turn one. I think the reason it appeared in the first place was the inevitable temperature differences between the thin ground above the tunnel versus the temperature of the ground on either side of the tunnel. Anyway, I was worried how it would be after three years of freeze and thaw, but we went across it a couple times in a truck and I don't anticipate it will be an issue.

They have some pretty cool long term plans for the facility, but I will let them make those public as they see fit.

So, we are still scheduled to race there October 11/12.

bluedevil
August 4th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Nice... so should we bring the tampons (excuse me feminine products) or foogit about it... :wink:

Should be fun...

Ray-Ray
August 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Nice... so should we bring the tampons (excuse me feminine products) or foogit about it... :wink:

Should be fun...

I would imagine its not going to be a problem. PPIR would water the shit outta the grass so it would look good for TV. That's why all the water would come up through the cracks.

froth
August 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I think I need a tissue!

Wild Cheetah 612
August 6th, 2008, 05:52 PM

Should be fun...
No worries! I've used tampons, finger nail polish, and many other assorted female items to fix bikes, cars, etc. You guys are just starting to catch on!

cromer611
August 26th, 2008, 02:17 AM
oh god : P

cromer611
August 30th, 2008, 01:13 AM
any chance of track days b4 PPIR race weekend? would like to get some reps in b4 last race weekend

GNGSXR
September 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM
any chance of track days b4 PPIR race weekend? would like to get some reps in b4 last race weekend

any ideas yet if we can have the friday before the last race weekend for a practice day?

rybo
September 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Chicane Trackdays will be putting on a trackday at PPIR on Sunday October 5th.

Website to be up and running soon with an announcement on the boards!

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there!

Scott

GNGSXR
September 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Chicane Trackdays will be putting on a trackday at PPIR on Sunday October 5th.

Website to be up and running soon with an announcement on the boards!

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there!

Scott

awesome. keep us updated 8)