PDA

View Full Version : Chicane Trackdays: Labor Day Extravaganza!

rybo
July 31st, 2008, 12:36 AM
Labor Day Trackday Extravaganza! NEED TO KNOW INFO

Dates:
8/30
8/31 and
9/1

Hi everyone!

So here it is; The (almost) Everything You Need To Know Thread!

Stuff you need:

1. Education – You need to have some kind of formal track riding training. Things that qualify: The PMP safety course, a valid (last three years) road racing license from a recognized organization, A current (last three years) certificate from a qualified school (Freddie Spencer, Pridmore, Keith Code etc)
2. Full leathers- one piece preferred, 2 piece acceptable if they zip all the way around.
3. A back protector
4. A full-face helmet (flip ups are not acceptable)
5. Gloves that extend past your wrist
6. Boots that cover your ankles
7. Emergency contact information in an obvious place (tell a friend)

If you need to take a class there are limited number of spots available for this day. Please see the sign up thread for more details.

Stuff your bike needs:

1. Bike should be in good condition- no leaks of any kind (including fork seals). All parts should be properly secured to the bike
2. Tires should have at least 50% tread remaining
3. Brake pads should have at least 50% remaining
4. All antifreeze should be drained and replaced with straight water or water with water wetter. (this is VERY important)
5. Mirrors are to be removed
6. Lights are to be taped over (prefer disconnected)
7. Extra Fuel – There is no fuel available at the track.

THERE WILL BE A TECH INSPECTION AT THIS EVENT Before heading out on the track your bike will be inspected to assure it's in appropriate condition for the track. Your radiator WILL BE CHECKED for anti-freeze, so please come prepared for the day.

A basic schedule:

7:00 AM - Gate Opens
7:30 AM - All rider meeting
8:00 AM - Tech opens
8:30 AM - Class Starts
9:00 AM - Track Goes Hot (fast)
9:20 AM - Medium
9:40 AM - Slow / Class
10:00 AM - Fast
10:20 AM - Medium
10:40 AM - Class / Slow
Repeats Until Lunch
12:00 - Lunch Track will be cold during lunch. We will have another riders meeting after lunch

After lunch we will be sticking with 20 Minute sessions (Fast at the top of the hour, Medium in the middle, Slow at the end)

Track will go cold at 6:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday and 5:00 PM on monday

Crashing: If you crash in the morning I'm going to ask you to take a significant break. At the discretion of the medics (for checking out you) and a qualified instructor (for checking out your bike) you MIGHT be allowed back out on the track after lunch. If you crash after lunch, I'm sorry, but your day is done. Best solution....don't crash. Most crashes during this day will mean that session gets red flagged so that we can make sure the day remains safe for all and check out the person who fell down to make sure they are OK.

Refunds: Please be sure you want to and can make it to this day when you sign up. I won’t be giving refunds if you don’t show. There are a limited number of spots available and I’m certain they will be in high demand.

Other Info:

PMP has graciously offered to open their cafe for us during the day.

We will have an ambulance, medics and corner staff on site all day (let's try not to need them!)

HOW TO SIGN UP

There are 2 ways to sign up:

1) go to www.paypal.com and send payment to

scott@spleenlessracing.com

2) Get a check or cash to me. I will be making appearances at CSC and other bike events between now and the event date. I will try to post up what events I'll be attending. You can also mail a check to me:

Chicane Trackdays
c/o Scott Rybarik
157 West Hawthorne Street
Milliken, CO 80543

Cost is as follows:

Any one day $125.00 - please specify date with your payment

3 day package - $325.00 (save $50!)

One day with class $200

3 Day with class $400

On Monday September first the Class group is limited to WOMEN ONLY! Chicane has been coordinating with Sasha (grant me revenge) to arrange an all women's class session for Monday September 1st!

Thank you for your support! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Scott

Vanmar Racing
August 3rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Vanmar Racing will be at Pueblo all 3 days of this fun event and will offer tire suppport to all riders.

Mark will also be booking "ONE ON ONE" private lessons on all three days. The lessons will be 2 hours ea. and will consist of on and off track instruction including video. He will book 2 students each day. One for a morning session and one for an afternoon session. The cost will be $150.00 for a 2 hour lesson. (Plus your fee to Chicane Trackdays for your tracktime)

If you are interested please contact Tammy to book your time.
E-mail me at:
vanmarracing@mindspring.com
or call
303-944-0334

irdave
August 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Single Track Mind will also be there for all 3 days. If your suspension has particular needs, please feel free to let us know in advance so we can be prepared when you show up.

cromer611
August 11th, 2008, 06:07 PM
where do i go to use my free day ticket thingy? : P

rybo
August 25th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Eric,

Sent you a message on the CSC about your free day!

Everyone else, lots of space left on all three days! Get out for a little extra practice before the next Pueblo round!

See you there.

Scott

rybo
August 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Eric,

Sent you a message on the CSC about your free day!

Everyone else, lots of space left on all three days! Get out for a little extra practice before the next Pueblo round!

See you there.

Scott

rforsythe
August 25th, 2008, 11:31 AM
It's so exciting, Scott had to say it twice! :P

This is a pretty good deal, guys. A staffed track, on-site medical, tire support, concessions opened up, and what's looking to be awesome weather, all for just a little more money than you'd pay to show up on a "test and tune" day that doesn't offer any of that! (And if you end up needing those first two things at all, you'll agree it's worth it.)

These are quality track days with a lot of attention to detail, and time spent in preparation to make sure you all have the best time possible. Get out there and ride!!

1ofTheBoys
August 26th, 2008, 06:10 AM
So who all is going? This will be a fun weekend and should get alot of practice in before the next race.

irdave
August 26th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Sunday is already filling up for me for suspension work...

If you're thinking of getting some help over the weekend, please get in touch early.

Thanks.

XBAM
August 27th, 2008, 11:21 AM
XBAM will be offering bodywork all day Sunday. Come see me!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t65/baxbam/DSC_6702_sized.jpg

Then I get to ride Monday! Woo-hoo!!!!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t65/baxbam/BlackHawkRide005a.jpg

rybo
August 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM
OK, so I'm signing off for the night Thank you to everyone who pre-registered!

I'm heading to the event and have plenty of space left on all days for you to come and pay at the track. The exception to this is if you need the class. I've scheduled instructors based on need, so if you aren't pre-registered and you need the intro class I may have room for you on Saturday or Monday, but am completely full on Sunday. Sorry. I have e-mail access most of the time I'm there by phone, so if you have a question please please please DO NOT PM me. Send me an e-mail at scott@spleenlessracing.com

Walk up's are welcome, please be prepared to pay $125 per day and prove that you have the proper previous instruction to ride on the track.

A special thanks to: On the Marc Photography, Rebellion Motorsports, Vanmar Racing, XBAM, Western Ambulance, Pueblo Motorsports Park, Dad's BBQ, The Quality Inn Pueblo and Sleep Inn, Pueblo. Also thanks to Team Skinny Racing and all the folks coming out to assist with running this event!

Thanks again to all who pre-registered! See you at the track!

Scott

MADDOG
September 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM
Say what about me and mt supermoto grt in on this great weekend?

spyvspy
September 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM
Scott-

AMAZING event! Thanks so much for putting it on.

For those of you who missed it: corner crew, ambulance, instructors, concessions, tires and suspension, and so many people around just to make sure everyone was having a great weekend. It was a total steal for the money, and so worth it. Wish I could've been there for all 3 days.

Sasha-

Thanks so much for organizing today's girl's only sessions. I am still reeling from how much fun I had-- and how much I learned! Having an opportunity like today was really cool and I am so grateful to you for it. Plus, I had a blast playing cat-and-mouse with you! SO FUN! I will have to do it again sometime in about 5 years when I can maybe keep up with you. You rock.

Joe-

You're such a good teacher-- and yes, even for girls! First you hooked me up with my SV, which I adore, and today you definitely taught me no less than 10 things I know will stick with me. Thanks for giving me some sound advice. I had such a good time.

And to all the women I rode with-

So cool to meet you, ride with you, and learn from and with you. Let me know if you ever want to get together for some more track days, and hope to join you racing soon!

-Kate-

grant_me_rev's
September 3rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
So, So, SoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO proud of all the girls! you did fantastic! and i really appreciate you taking the day to participate in the ladies only session - big thanks to Scott for putting the weekend together - Joe for your help and for taking the time out for all of us!!! Mark and Tammy for making the private lessons available to us, Mark you are an awesome and patient instructor!!!! That is always appreciated! thank you!