PDA

View Full Version : The MRA returns to PPIR!

The GECCO
July 30th, 2008, 04:33 PM
It's official, the MRA will be returning to PPIR in 2008!

We will hold the final event of the season at PPIR on October 11th and 12th. This is the same weekend that we were originally scheduled to be at HPR, so hopefully it still works with your schedule. This will be a normal (not a double header) schedule race weekend. All classes will be run with full points awarded.

Because none of us have been there in 3 years, and some of us have NEVER been there, the MRA will be renting the track on Friday for practice. Schedule and cost for the practice day TBA.

Tumbleweed
July 30th, 2008, 04:40 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

trophywife626
July 30th, 2008, 04:40 PM
WOO HOO! \:D/

jplracing
July 30th, 2008, 04:55 PM
kick ass!

bluedevil
July 30th, 2008, 05:07 PM
*Edited*

grant_me_rev's
July 30th, 2008, 05:09 PM
great job in getting this materialized for the club! sweet deal!

DingleBerns
July 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
\:D/ \:D/ never been there! This will be a great experience! Thanks Glenn!

Dingle

marty
July 30th, 2008, 05:17 PM
any idea if there will be any open track days before the friday before race weekend?

Jon
July 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Marty, if you can get management to agree to that you'd be great but generally speaking PPIR probably won't go for it. Believe me as someone who's ridden both professionally and with the MRA at PPIR you really won't need that much practice to figure it out.....it's flat, round with a few corners thrown in for good measure. You will have fun on the 125 though, more fun in fact than many of us big bike riders! Still having another track is great news thanks Glenn for getting a return there. We are racing on the bigger track not the parking lot though right???

toptier
July 30th, 2008, 05:53 PM
That's awesome, I can't wait!

gixxermike
July 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Looks like i'll have to wait an extra 2-3 weeks before I head to Iraq... :D :D

The GECCO
July 30th, 2008, 06:28 PM
We are racing on the bigger track not the parking lot though right???

Actually, I was gonna wait until that Friday to drop the bomb, but what the hell - we'll actually be racing in the dirt on the property to the north of the track. Bring your knobbies :shock:

Hey, technically its STILL "racing at PPIR" right?

Vanmar Racing
July 30th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Glenn!!! You are our hero!!!!

Jakeracer
July 30th, 2008, 07:51 PM
For those that never had a chance to race at PPIR. Heres a vid I found on youtube of a lap around with someone racing in the AM U class.
(short-n-sweet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teC5U3w4M7Y

Clarkie
July 30th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Awesome!

Has anyone seen the track condition?

1ofTheBoys
July 30th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Oh this is going to be awesome. Thanks Glenn

cromer611
July 30th, 2008, 09:37 PM
fREAKIN SHWEET! is there anyway to find out about any open practice days b4 the race? I know myself, and probly alot of other people, have never been there b4.

Clarkie
July 30th, 2008, 09:53 PM
i defintely dont remember much from the last time i was there in 2000......no really even 7 years later i dont remember the weekend, but i did make the cover of RRW :lol:
http://roadracingworld.com/magazine/back-issues/?ISSUE_MONTH=October&ISSUE_YEAR=2000

Wild Cheetah 612
July 30th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I figured you were the dweeb doing the ramming!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/big-wink.gif

Clarkie
July 30th, 2008, 10:54 PM
ya you betcha!

benfoxmra95
July 31st, 2008, 12:13 AM
I was going to make a joke about how Clark would be handing out t-bones when we went back there but I didnt think anyone here would get it.

tcrump711
July 31st, 2008, 12:57 AM
JESUS!! That guy must have really pissed you off..... No wonder you're always in first... After that, I wouldn't want to be behind anyone either...

July 31st, 2008, 06:37 AM
so hopefully it still works with your schedule.

DAMMIT! :x

dragos13
July 31st, 2008, 08:30 AM
I'm with Marty. If a trackday comes up, please post it here. For now, I'll be studying the videos!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME WORK GLENN

Jon
July 31st, 2008, 09:02 AM
Hey Aaron,
As I know Shane through Olathe and R. Jenson I rememeber seeing that issue. My question when I first saw it was "are those two related and just coming together for a reunion" Never could figure out how you went from the RS to the big bike either but you seem to have gelled well with both

motobum
July 31st, 2008, 09:47 AM
Scott @ chicane trackdays is working on a trackday at ppir, but im not sure on the details.

Clarkie
July 31st, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hey Aaron,
As I know Shane through Olathe and R. Jenson I rememeber seeing that issue. My question when I first saw it was "are those two related and just coming together for a reunion" Never could figure out how you went from the RS to the big bike either but you seem to have gelled well with both

my 'Clark' doesnt have an 'e' on it :wink: what's funny is that was my first ever race on a 4-stroke and i was on Michelins, the bike and tires were awesome. So I get out of hospital with 2 broken ribs and on Sunday i went out in the SBK warmup on the same tires and the bike and tires were awesome, then comes the race and i lowsided the first lap and almost crashed every lap after that for half the race, i pulled out of the race and the crew asked what was wrong, i told them about the tires and their response was "gee I guess those tires we got from the local motorcycle shop dealer really were the street tires"

Seems they had run through their budget with Michelin and got a set of Pilot Sports from a bike shop and mounted them without telling me :roll: Steve Decamp offered me a ride on the Hooters team for 2001, I just laughed at him :lol:

Ashli
July 31st, 2008, 03:58 PM
so hopefully it still works with your schedule.

DAMMIT! :x

:) awwww... we can take off from hunting and go race then come back to camp that night babe, there will still be Elk waiting for us to shoot and eat :twisted:

clowe
July 31st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Does anyone have any ideas if the facilities will be working. I am talking about things like power and water?

This is pretty exciting!

DingleBerns
July 31st, 2008, 04:21 PM
Does anyone have any ideas if the facilities will be working. I am talking about things like power and water?

This is pretty exciting!

To bring what crash said a little further as I have never raced outside colorado.....

If PPIR does have all the goodies like showers, power, water, etc...will the race fees stay the same or will they increase to cover the cost for using these?

Jakeracer
July 31st, 2008, 06:55 PM
To bring what crash said a little further as I have never raced outside colorado.....

Jeeezuz !! Dingle that turn 7 crash must have really rung your bell!!....Dont you remember racing Hastings just before that?.. :lol:

cromer611
July 31st, 2008, 08:01 PM
ZING!

kfm61
July 31st, 2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks Glenn, fantastic job!

It will be like old home week going back there to race. I always had a great time racing there.

Here's another video that a lot of shots from PPIR. Besides, it's always fun to see yourself and your friends in a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW5patGW4H8

DingleBerns
July 31st, 2008, 11:01 PM
Jeeezuz !! Dingle that turn 7 crash must have really rung your bell!!....Dont you remember racing Hastings just before that?.. :lol:

Raced outside of the colorado racing organization called "Motorcycle Road Racing Association"....to be more specific :D

Scored51
August 1st, 2008, 12:11 AM
Here's another video that a lot of shots from PPIR. Besides, it's always fun to see yourself and your friends in a video!

Not when you're the guy hobbling away on crutches! :lol:

kfm61
August 1st, 2008, 08:40 PM
oops,,, sorry Chris :oops:

gyrtr1
August 1st, 2008, 11:34 PM
Nice job Glenn!! A great addition to our schedule. Any word on the 09 season with PPIR? What about our new track? How are we doin with that?

rohorn
August 2nd, 2008, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know if the AMA/DMG/? will race there again?

DingleBerns
August 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
If PPIR does have all the goodies like showers, power, water, etc working...will the race fees stay the same or will they increase to cover the cost for using these?

:?: :D

polar x
August 2nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
If PPIR does have all the goodies like showers, power, water, etc working...will the race fees stay the same or will they increase to cover the cost for using these?

:?: :D

Patience grasshoppers......enjoy the sound of one hand clapping.

TBSgraphics
August 2nd, 2008, 06:54 PM

NO and Never, part of the deal when the track was sold, never agian to have any professional events to include AMA,IRL, Nascar and the likes...

rohorn
August 2nd, 2008, 10:50 PM

NO and Never, part of the deal when the track was sold, never agian to have any professional events to include AMA,IRL, Nascar and the likes...

I'd heard the NASCAR part, but not the rest - thanks for the info.

Jadam
August 9th, 2008, 08:09 PM
never been there before. Is it a big half loop, then tight intricate turns in the infield?

shaneboone
August 10th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Great news that we will be back at PPIR . Now ... are those 'Yellow' boys we all remember going to be there too.? I sure hope so. Aside from our Hastings adventures there has never been another outstanding corner crew as competant and helpful as this crew at PPIR .For those who have;never been to PPIR you are in for quite a treat. Garages ! Real Showers ! A huge in the facility parking lot. Real security against theft. And modestly decent food ( pricey ) . Really look forward to being back there. A great place to close out our 08 season !

August 12th, 2008, 03:21 AM
You mean the banana boys? :mrgreen: