PDA

View Full Version : Track records?

chris nami
July 25th, 2008, 10:16 AM
where can a guy find the track records for each class and track? is it posted anywhere on a regular basis? -JYD 8)

dragos13
July 25th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Its in the Season Program. I got one handy let me know what track and class you are looking for.

Ashli
July 25th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Chris, they are usually posted on here somewhere in general discussion whenever they are broken as well, seems like many of them have been changing this year too, so you could probably just scroll through the topics and find Class Record Update :)

hcr25
July 25th, 2008, 10:43 AM
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=6892&highlight=track+records

Scored51
July 25th, 2008, 12:11 PM
There hasn't been a place established yet on the MRA website, but I do post records as they are broken so everyone knows of updates.

Chris, what record are you looking for specifically?

dragos13
July 25th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Wasn't the AmO record of 1:32.496 broken by Doug Kahl with his 1:31 at Hastings of last round?

chris nami
July 26th, 2008, 12:41 AM
thanks everyone, i wasn't look'n for any one class, just bored and curious. -C

Scored51
August 1st, 2008, 12:27 AM
Wasn't the AmO record of 1:32.496 broken by Doug Kahl with his 1:31 at Hastings of last round?

Casey,

I think you're right which means I must have a version control issue with the files. I'll try and get it sorted.

bluedevil
August 1st, 2008, 07:45 AM
Do we have class records from PPIR still? WHats the track record there? .56 something or?

Scored51
August 1st, 2008, 09:36 AM
I've put it on my list to dig into any old information I might have since that was all before I took over the system, but it will be sketchy at best I'm sure. I have to reinstall all of the old files to look for other issues, but I'm positive we'll be setting class track records nearly every session when we arrive in October.

OConnell
August 1st, 2008, 02:58 PM
We should get Dave involved and add a records page to the main MRA site. He might very well kick my ass for upping his work load. Then again, if he wants some help, all he need do is ask.

Scored51
August 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure how much ass kicking Dave would do because this was actually his idea some time ago. However, my subtle hints of sending him the spreadsheet of records and offering to maintain the page once it is set up hasn't yielded much productivity.

dave.gallant
August 1st, 2008, 06:06 PM
I was more interested in a way of gleaning this info directly from the data available in the database already and less interested in forcing people to have Micro$oft products installed on their machines to view a spreadsheet of data (of which was already imported in a round about way into a database to begin with).

The problem always is that "fast" laps are not always "legal fast laps" (for instance, cutting the final chicane at PPIR or the like...) and it really does require a human to verify that a specific fast lap was indeed a valid new track record.

The last time I inquired about adding a new column into the Timing & Scoring software output (for value-add fields such as this), I thought it was indicated that this was not possible. So, it looks like a manual method will be required, although I still believe we can do better than a standard spreadsheet.

I mean, how cool would it be to look at a particular racer's lap times and in the right hand column a big bold "New Track Record!" appears...as well as the ability to list a specific class record specific to a track you are viewing the results for. That is the type of data relationship that is most useful...

Chris - If you are willing to hand-mark-up the data files with value-add data such as this, it can be done in a reasonable fashion on the site.

Scored51
August 2nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
I've just started to figure out how all of this might be possible with a reasonable amount of automation. Software has become available from AMB-it within the last few months (after our massive upgrade from version 1.0 to 4.0) that may resolve the issues we have concerning multi-class races and class records, but it could completely change the way data is handled on race day. (Jenn, if you're reading this you may kill me but I think we can get along).

Dave, I'll update you in a few days when I've made some headway.

Okay, it's 12:30 AM, I need to switch to decaf 8-[ :shock:

T Baggins
August 11th, 2008, 04:36 PM
There aren't any NEW track records that we need to know about from this last weekend are there... 00--00

:D

JenJen
August 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'm pretty easy to work with you just have to play nice...(I love chocolate)
(hint hint) Not only that but atleast I'm still new enough that if the system was changed that i could adapt to it easily! :D
Unless it manages to cause me a giant headache... ](*,)

Scored51
August 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
There aren't any NEW track records that we need to know about from this last weekend are there... 00--00

The ONLY one I would consider important is Marty Hester in Colorado Class! :shock:

I'll post an update when all the dust settles on the results. Stay tuned Batman...

marty
August 11th, 2008, 08:40 PM

The ONLY one I would consider important is Marty Hester in Colorado Class! :shock:

I'll post an update when all the dust settles on the results. Stay tuned Batman...

:lol: VIVA COLORADO CLASS!

August 12th, 2008, 03:18 AM
All I have to say is that Tony sucks a big one. :x

T Baggins
August 12th, 2008, 07:57 AM
All I have to say is that Tony sucks a big one. :x

True, but you still beat me you 'effer!

August 13th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Barely! :shock:

T Baggins
August 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
I just checked the results - we were actually 3 1/2 seconds FASTER overall in MVO than in MVU for the race distance. That's 1/2 sec faster per lap. Sweet!

One of us gots to get into the 37's next time!