PDA

View Full Version : Leather Repair

Ashli
July 23rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Our normal guy won't do leathers anymore, who does everyone else use to repair leathers???

Thanks

JimWilson29
July 23rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Our normal guy won't do leathers anymore, who does everyone else use to repair leathers???

Thanks

Kris Hillman

polar x
July 23rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
DITTO. She rocks!!!!!!! And god knows she has had plenty of opportunity to work on mine this year :roll:

cu260r6
July 23rd, 2008, 07:29 PM
Is there something going on with Kris? She's had my leathers for a month and a half, and despite half a dozen phone calls I haven't heard back from her.

polar x
July 24th, 2008, 07:22 AM
did u piss her off :? She has been busy, but always returns calls for me. try her again.

bluedevil
July 24th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I use Spyder Leatherworks... (Though she is not local.. She is fast, has great communication, and does superb work )

Just dont send her your suit 1 week before Daytona... :wink:

Barnicle bill also does great work but is more pricey.... (also not local)

1ofTheBoys
July 24th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I use Harry at Twin Peaks Leather in Arvada.

Ashli
July 24th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Is there something going on with Kris? She's had my leathers for a month and a half, and despite half a dozen phone calls I haven't heard back from her.

Definitely not taking them there then... :? We need them back for Pueblo.

polar x
July 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Ashli that is not normal for her, at least thats my experience. Give her a call and talk to her. 720-338-7574

She does good work and is at Iliff and 225.

Just my opinion 8)

JimWilson29
July 24th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Ashli i am going to see Kris this week. I can bring Hoopty's leathers with me if you want.

1ofTheBoys
July 24th, 2008, 01:52 PM
As i said, Twin Peaks Leather does a good job and they usually have my stuff back fairly quickly.

5655 Olde Wadsworth Blvd
Arvada, CO 80002
Phone: (303) 432-1047

Tell Harry Sheila sent you.

Ashli
July 24th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Ashli that is not normal for her, at least thats my experience. Give her a call and talk to her. 720-338-7574

She does good work and is at Iliff and 225.

Just my opinion 8)

Thanks guy, I'll give her a call, it's actually Hoopty's and Chris W.'s leathers so I'm worried if she has other work to do she won't get to ours. I'll talk to her tonight. I know Gene used to use her so that can't be a bad thing ;)

Sheila, I'll definitely see the time range Harry is looking at. Thanks for the ref! :)

Ashli
July 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Ashli i am going to see Kris this week. I can bring Hoopty's leathers with me if you want.

Thanks Jimbo- I'm gonna give her a call tonight and see what her work load is looking like. Then go from there. It's not imperative that these get done right now either, we could probably just wait till after Pueblo.

cu260r6
July 24th, 2008, 05:26 PM

Definitely not taking them there then... :? We need them back for Pueblo.

She called me back today. Apparently there was a mixup in communication, but I wouldn't avoid her just for this.

Vanmar Racing
July 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Hey, I just read what Charles said about Kris and I have something to say about that.
First of all our club is lucky to have Kris and her awesome support of the MRA. I have sent numerous racers to her and have seen the incredibly awesome custom work she has produced. She is a single mom with a full time job and stays up half the night working on all your leathers, certainly not for the millions of dollars she makes, but because she loves our club.

Second, Charles, I hauled your stinky ass, crashed out leathers to Kris PERSONALLY, and took time out of my busy schedule to drop them off at her house. They had NO contact info on them. I finally found out from Mark that they belonged to you and tried to get your number (for Kris) so she call you. I was unable to get your contact info and also decided "that I didn't need to babysit you" and figured you would call when you wanted them.
Then Kris hauled your stinky ass leathers down to Pueblo and they sat on our table for 3 days waiting for you to stroll on down to get them. You didn't. So we hauled your stinky ass leathers back to Denver .

So it took 3 people to make sure your leathers got fixed, and we all went out of our way. Seems to me you should be THANKING instead of SLAMMING.

JimWilson29
July 24th, 2008, 08:21 PM
First of all our club is lucky to have Kris and her awesome support of the MRA. I have sent numerous racers to her and have seen the incredibly awesome custom work she has produced. She is a single mom with a full time job and stays up half the night working on all your leathers, certainly not for the millions of dollars she makes, but because she loves our club.

Tammy hit the nail on the head! Kris is fixing our leathers in her spare time at night in her garage. She does fantastic work for a rate less than local leather shops. If she doesnt call you back right away, its because she could be working her regular job so she can keep a roof over her head or spending time with her son helping him with his homework. She never intentially ignores anyone and she will tell you straight up if she can get your leathers done by the next race or not.

cu260r6
July 25th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Tammy, I had no idea about these specifics nor did I intend my comments to deter others from using her services. Thank you very much for getting my leathers to her. Again, I had no idea about the deliveries as others have told me she regularly picks up leathers from Vanmar, and I also had no idea they were in Pueblo. I talked to her about repairing my leathers once she had them in May, but I hadn't heard from her since then until today despite several calls. Apparently she tried to contact me several times but didn't have my number, so I'm not faulting anyone, simple miscommunication. No harm, no foul, and I won't hesitate to use her services again. Thanks for your efforts and help.

bluedevil
July 25th, 2008, 06:45 AM
As i said, Twin Peaks Leather does a good job and they usually have my stuff back fairly quickly.

5655 Olde Wadsworth Blvd
Arvada, CO 80002
Phone: (303) 432-1047

Tell Harry Sheila sent you.

I did take my suit there once for a tear on the shoulder of my suit... They just glued it closed and glued a piece of black leather over the tear.... I wasnt very happy and took it elsewhere to repair the repair....

Ashli
July 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hey, I just read what Charles said about Kris and I have something to say about that.

Second, Charles, I hauled your stinky ass, crashed out leathers to Kris PERSONALLY, and took time out of my busy schedule to drop them off at her house. They had NO contact info on them. I finally found out from Mark that they belonged to you and tried to get your number (for Kris) so she call you. I was unable to get your contact info and also decided "that I didn't need to babysit you" and figured you would call when you wanted them.
Then Kris hauled your stinky ass leathers down to Pueblo and they sat on our table for 3 days waiting for you to stroll on down to get them. You didn't. So we hauled your stinky ass leathers back to Denver .

So it took 3 people to make sure your leathers got fixed, and we all went out of our way. Seems to me you should be THANKING instead of SLAMMING.

Thanks Tammy, I'll call Kris today. Thanks Jim :)

Racing616
July 26th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Kris has been working on my leathers for over 5 years now. She is amazing, turn around time is quick, and her communication is stellar. I think she is a total asset to the club. Kris, thanks for everything you have done for me and others. It is appreciated!

XBAM
July 27th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Just wanted to add my 2 cents, since I also use Kris' services...I travel to two other different series as well as the MRA, and see leather work from all over the place. Kris has done better custom work for me and for the other racers in the MRA who use her than anything I've seen elsewhere.

I had some cool ideas when I went to her but she made them better, and I paid an incredibly reasonable price. Thanks Kris, you're awesome!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t65/baxbam/Leathers003.jpg

Clarkie
July 28th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Greenwood you are a TOOL

Kris is one of the best things about racing in Colorado, she has worked miracles for both myself personally and Scott Jensen to get leathers ready for a race. You ask 90% of the paddock who does amazing work at a great price and everyone will say Kris Hillman without a second thought.

She busts her ass to help out racers at an amazing price, and then she even discounts the price even further because she cares about her racers and wants to help out. It's idiotic posts like yours that convince people that really give a damn to just stop doing what they do so well, thanks a bunch Greenwood :roll:

Ashli
July 28th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Greenwood you are a TOOL

Kris is one of the best things about racing in Colorado, she has worked miracles for both myself personally and Scott Jensen to get leathers ready for a race. You ask 90% of the paddock who does amazing work at a great price and everyone will say Kris Hillman without a second thought.

She busts her ass to help out racers at an amazing price, and then she even discounts the price even further because she cares about her racers and wants to help out. It's idiotic posts like yours that convince people that really give a damn to just stop doing what they do so well, thanks a bunch Greenwood :roll:

It's no worries, I did research and asked around, she definitely didn't lose a customer but instead gained a few more.
On another note, does anyone have a way to contact her during the day? Email maybe? Thanks!

XBAM
July 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
PM sent!

Vanmar Racing
July 28th, 2008, 02:04 PM
BTW Bree,

YOU LOOK COOL IN THOSE LEATHERS!!!

8) 8) 8)

XBAM
July 28th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks Tammy!

Kris is so good she can even make someone my size look good in leathers!

cu260r6
July 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Greenwood you are a TOOL

I never said a negative word about her, so I don't see where all the animosity is comming from. After hearing such good feedback about her I couldn't understand why she didn't contact me.