PDA

View Full Version : Need Leathers

Vanmar Racing
July 2nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Hi

I have a couple of students that are looking for used leathers. They need them by Monday.
Does anyone out there have any that they would sell, lend or ???

One student is wants to buy new but can't get out of work to get up to Denver to try any on.

The other student is: Jacket is a 48-50 US and the pants would be a 36 or 38 US.

call me if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
Tammy

tcrump711
July 2nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Sent you an email.

Jon
July 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
This, new riders needing leathers seems top be a reoccurring theme here and as an older racer who has accumulated more than a couple pair I'd like to offer a suggestion. I have several pair most all 46's which I'd give up Kris Hillman could do some basic check over and repair and that way maybe the various teachers could offer them up to students? Granted some maybe a bit beyond the repairable stage but most will work adequately. Whatya think?

chupale
July 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
I have a 2 peice joe rocket race suit with a 3/4 zip. size is a 46/56. it fits a 180lbs 5'10 or so person. I want $125. what I paid. Sorry no lending. Call Matt @ 303-521-9598. :)

gsnyder828
July 2nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
On a related note - what Denver shops carry a decent selection of race leathers?

I need a new suit - and would like to try on a couple in hopes that I can find an off the rack pair that fits before I pull the trigger on another custom set... but my local shops carry little to nothing.

I know Faster carries some RS Taichi... so I'll check there. Any other places in the Denver area (I'm near Boulder) that are worth driving to?

Vanmar Racing
July 2nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Jon...Great idea and we would be happy to get them to Kris for you.

Thanks for the generous offer.

Matt, I will pass along your info to the guys. Can you email me a pic to pass along? Thanks!

spyvspy
July 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Hey there-- if you EVER come across a tiny girl who wants to race or ride, I have a size 4 pair of leathers (one piece, Teknic) that run more like a size 0-2. They would only work for a girl about 5'5" or shorter and not much over 100 lbs. All that said, I would sell them for next to nothing to get another girl started!
-Kate-

JohnGarc
July 2nd, 2008, 09:48 PM
I have a used set of Smurf Blue Leathers from like teenage years. made by Fox. It serves the purpose and would let go for the price of Gas... I am heading down on Monday... So I will take them with.. I think Hefty the Smurf wore them. Hit me up and I can send you some pics...

They will fit a rider who is about 5'4" - 5"9 and weighs 170-190 lbs.

John R. Garcia
#654 Redline Racing...
2DogsMotoSports.com
MotoForza Bodywork

Vanmar Racing
July 2nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
John,
That sounds great! If we can assemble a collection of sizes as loaners to help get more people into racing it would be great.

Kate,

I will keep those in mind too. We sure could use some more women racers. Is o-2 a real size??/Ha ha!

PS:
Send pics if you have them to me at vanmarracing@mindspring.com and please let us know if they have padding in all the right places and if they have pucks.

willionaire
July 3rd, 2008, 09:03 AM
I have a size 40-42 that would fit someone around 5'7" 140-160lbs up for grabs. I would consider lending or cheap sale.

willionaire
July 3rd, 2008, 09:04 AM
Tamalicious...no Grand Junction this weekend?

Vanmar Racing
July 3rd, 2008, 10:16 AM
Willisgay,

I know, I know... sorry no GJ. But you guys will have fun without me and I will be home chillin with BuB.

Tamgirl

chris nami
July 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
i have an old set to loan 46/56.

willionaire
July 3rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Fuller, is that the set you pee'd in to keep you warm cause you tought is was like a wetsuit?

Brian38
July 3rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
We have 2 sets of uncle denny's used leathers for sale at the shop (FASTER).

Let me know what size. These are probably 54 or 56

Brian

gyrtr1
July 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Have a Shift suit for a rider 5'7" to 5'9" 165lbs to loan.

Rick #259