PDA

View Full Version : Single Track Mind

clowe
July 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM
I just wanted to thank Dave and Single Track Mind. He has helped me a bunch over the past few races to get my suspension working even better than it was. I don't know anything about how the suspension on my bike works and it is great to just be able to tell Dave what is happening and he fixes it. It is big learning process for me and he has helped me ton.

Dave, thanks, you kick ass and I'm looking forward to going even faster with all the help.

Crash

glenngsxr
July 1st, 2008, 02:16 PM
I second that notion. Every time Dave touched my bike, a second came off my lap times this weekend. Glenn #62

sheispoison
July 1st, 2008, 02:36 PM
I guess I have to third this!! He helped me out a bunch this weekend getting the bike working right and then getting my brain working right with it. Thanks Dave!!!
carl

KipBook
July 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM
I want to also give Dave props but not for suspension work. The starter on my truck crapped out friday night at my hotel and the following morning Dave saw me stranded and after offering me a ride to the track, he also offered to come by after the races and help me put a new starter in.

Thanks Dave! I would've been stuck there if not for your generosity! I owe you some time with X-Bam!

Kip

2Blue
July 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM
It was nice to meet Dave this past weekend. Though I was too wired up to work with him during the races, I'm sure he can help me out.
Where does he get his mellow out medicine? I need some!

8) 8)

Clarkie
July 1st, 2008, 06:49 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n299/Clarkie49/Fixmybike.jpg

Dave sucks.........cause he keeps helping other fast guys :D

phildrummond
July 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM
So that's who that guy is!

Thanks, Dave, for stopping me from loading up all my gear, lowers, etc to go to tech. Being my first race, I was pretty lost and doing whatever the rule book said. Dave pointed me in the right direction with that "chill out" attitude of his.

motobum
July 1st, 2008, 08:02 PM
dave only works on the cool kids bikes... 8)

JWinter
July 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Dave has helped me out a bunch as well. A lot of times he just listens to me talk, and that is helpful. He has helped me get better feel out of my little GP bike which is a different animal than the big bikes.

Clarkie has been a big help as well, again he listens to me talk and gives his two cents. This says alot about the character of the # 1 plate holder and sets a positive vibe in the club.

So.... thanks to both of you from me,

Jeff

Wahooman
July 2nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Dave is a stand up guy....been a great help to me last year and this year. Its hard to find a guy you can just sit and "talk" with..... as stated above and before...THANKS DAVE!

P.S. Don't forget more stickers for Hastings bro!!

irdave
July 2nd, 2008, 10:40 PM
Awww, shucks.

You guys are welcome.

And remember Single Track Mind when it comes time for your midseason suspension servicing... One, it helps pay the mortgage, and (b), it helps me understand what's inside so we can make more appropriate changes when you're having a handling problem.

(And I'm glad somebody gets the logo!)

Oh! And don't worry, Aaron. I've got your new stuff coming in the mail... Oh, and your other new stuff is in the garage already. And for some reason, I think Scooter was a fair stand-in for me this last weekend. :wink:

Clarkie
July 3rd, 2008, 06:52 AM
nah Scooter can go back to the AMA/WSBK or wherever he came from, he keeps trying to make my bike feel like a wheelbarrow, damn fast riders on their smooth tracks :lol:

gsnyder828
July 3rd, 2008, 08:25 AM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n299/Clarkie49/Fixmybike.jpg

I love that logo!

rforsythe
July 9th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Dave is the MAN! I think he may need to help set up the Rybo Scooter for Sheila the next time she decides to race it though, she lost the front on the MMP Monster Mile this past weekend. ;) (How do you even adjust preload on a Zuma? Hmm.)

BTW the logo rocks!

rybo
July 9th, 2008, 10:12 AM
The funny part is that dave DID set up the Zuma...it's a little "robust" in the front end for doing stoppies....(but never ever in the pits at R2SL or at the MRA races....promise!)

I have a number of really great sponsors this year but exactly 2 of them actually make me go faster EVERY SINGLE round.

Single Track Mind and Dave really do rock. He listens carefully, draws reasonable conclusions and makes adjustments accordingly. Solutions...not products. BRILLIANT!

XBAM and Bree keep me in line. She listens, draws reasonable conclusions and makes adjustments accordingly. Her abilities are highly intuitive and usually all I have to tell her is to "work the magic" and she does.

Who wants to go racing this weekend?

Scott