PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get bike together for Hastings!!!!!!!!!!

DingleBerns
June 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
All for 04 R6

Need:
woodcraft frame sliders (just the pucks not the mount)
19x18 brembo
Front Fairing Stay
front brake resivor
vortex rearsets (left side only if possible)
steering damper
Yoshimura slip on
double bubble windscreen
Help a brotha out! Please!

Looking for used before I look for brand new.
I need these fast so bike can be ready for hastings.
Thanks!

Dingle

Wahooman
June 30th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Dingle....I might have a set of 03 stock forks. Have to hunt them down. They have new seals and fluid done by Faster. I will see if I have anything else on your list available.
I am also looking for a subframe (as you know since I was asking you the day before your tumble)

Throttleroller277
July 1st, 2008, 08:32 AM
I think I have a Master Cylinder, Dingle.

On a side note: I would suggest staying with the 03-04 forks. For starters, if you change to the 05' you will also have to change out the triples, and the Brake Rotors were lager as well I think, $$$.

But more importantly, when Yamaha changed the front end on that bike in 05 to the inverted forks, the chassis geometry did not seem to work nearly as well, and a lot of racers went back to the 03-04. That is also proven by the fact that the YZF-R6S model that they still sell has the 03-04 front end, and not the 05'.

Just my 2 cents:

I'll check on the Master Cylinder 8)

dave.gallant
July 1st, 2008, 08:36 AM
Brownie is right.

I loved 2003-2004 R6 handling. 2005 - beh, not so much.

Stick with the 03/04 stuff until you can build yourself an 06+.

ZiaThunder
July 1st, 2008, 09:23 AM
Derek,

I do have two use able tanks. they are dented but they will work just fine.

I can bring them up on Monday to PMP. I was thinkin about heading up to play on the track some more.

DingleBerns
July 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
Awesome thanks brownie and dave for the suggestion.

Kim, can you send me pics to derek at professionalprivateer dot com of the tanks and prices. Might as well send pics of those subframes and prices.

Curtis just let me know when you find them and shoot me a price.

Thanks everyone!

Dingle

JimWilson29
July 1st, 2008, 10:19 AM
Derek-

Russ Ullrich has alot of spare R6 parts and can help you out. He is in Englewood so not far from you.

motobum
July 1st, 2008, 11:01 AM
i have a nissin 19X18 radial master cylinder if you need it.

glenngsxr
July 1st, 2008, 11:13 AM
Dingle, I have a spare set of lines (front and rear) and a spare clutch cable that might fit. I also have a spare set of bars and an assortment of levers. (gosh I hope I don't have a getoff or I will be screwed, but I would much rather see you race then have them sit in my box just in case). Call you in a little while. Glenn #62

HAMMER
July 1st, 2008, 11:50 AM
have 04 forks 200 bucks w/ tripples and clips

DingleBerns
July 1st, 2008, 12:20 PM
I have a set of forks, a tank, and a subframe lined up. I'll let everyone know what else I need. Thanks again for the replys and concerns!

Dingle

DingleBerns
July 1st, 2008, 12:41 PM
First post updated. Found forks, subframe, subframe tray, and tank at a killer price. Thanks Randy Adami #427!

dragos13
July 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
Hey Dingle, I have a complete 06 R6 Master cylinder with resevoir if you need to borrow it. Can't really sell but if dont find anything before Hastings, you can borrow this one. Let me know.

Wahooman
July 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
Dingle...I am in Utah and will be home tonight. I will check on things. Did you get forks? Also where did you find a subframe??? I need one badly. I have a brand new OE tray too if yours doesn't work out...its still in the bag even.

Mforza
July 7th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Dingle. I have fairing stay for your bike. Let me know if you still need one. Martin

cu260r6
July 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I have a new daytona side mount damper if you're still in need.