PDA

View Full Version : Dingleburns

Scorekeeper
June 29th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Dingle,
Cassy and I were very glad to see you at the end of the day. Didn't see the crash, which was a good thing. Take care of yourself, and we hope to see you at Hastings. If you don't make it, know that we are thinking of you and will see you in Pueblo!

I'm sure there are quite a few friends that did not get the chance to see you before they headed home, give them some details to let them know you're okay!
It was good to see you...
Chris

Vanmar Racing
June 29th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Hi Ding,
I talked to your Mom and she filled us in on your condition. Of course you were up in the stands watching the last couple of races! Tough Dude!

The whole Vanmar pit is glad to hear your gonna be OK !!!( especially Bubba)

Post up a picture and show us the trophy!

Tammy

LEVIATHAN
June 29th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I saw the whole crash start to finish. I can't remember ever seeing a crash that bad, so up close......and I'm so happy hear that you are OK. God was riding with you for sure.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

-Ron

*GSXR~SNAIL*
June 30th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Get well and heal quickly D.

bluedevil
June 30th, 2008, 06:29 AM
:shock: Dingle, hope you are ok...... Has anyone talked with him or family that can give us a status?

Best wishes Dingle for a speedy recovery....

terid
June 30th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Hey Dingle,
Thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery!
Teri and Fred

glenngsxr
June 30th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Dingle=tough dude. When I saw him Sunday afternoon he was laughing and smiling and joking around. He was a little banged up with a broken nose and about 2 dozen stitches to the face, but in good spirits. Heal up homie. You were flying this weekend. Glenn #62

Wahooman
June 30th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I talked to Dingle last night on the phone......doing alright all things considered. I will let him post up on injuries, but all in all not too bad from how hard it bumped his lil head. Dingle from the sounds of it you probably look like a UFC fighter just coming off the tv show :)
Let me know if you need anything...it was good to hear your voice last night to know you were up and going.

Curtis

dirkterrell
June 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM
As I said on the CSC board, very glad to see you moving around after that nasty high side and relieved that the bike didn't come down on you. Kudos to the riders just behind him who did some deft maneuvering to avoid hitting him. I hope the healing goes quick man!

Dirk

Tumbleweed
June 30th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Dingle, I know we already looked alike except for the nose. You didn't have to try so hard to complete the transformation to be my mini me. Now all you need to do is lose a little more hair on the forehead. :D Glad you're ok. It's never fun to see one of your buddies take a dive like that. No more worrying us like that. Feel better.

JohnGarc
June 30th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Dingleburns,

My thoughts and prayers are with you on your speedy recovery to good health. When I heard there was a real bad crash, I though Oh no!! Not good, then I heard it was you. Man, I am realy sorry... Keep your head up wishing you good spirits... If you need anything, I am here to help.

John Garcia
Redline Racing Team
2DogsMotoSports.com and MotoForza Racing

Spicee Brown
June 30th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Dingle,
Youve always helped me out, and Ive never officially met you. Take care and recover bro, you'll be back. In the same spirits!!
Dave strain

DingleBerns
June 30th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks to everyone that checked up on me either through text, phone calls, or just coming up when I returned to the track. I really appreciate it!

As for the crash, I remember going into turn 7, then seeing a bunch of blood on the ground, then the ambulance ride. everything in between I don't remember. Which I guess is good cause I heard it was bad.

I suffered a minor concussion, a broken nose, a laceration right above my eye which needed 22 stitches, and an additional 2 stitches in the nose. Bruised left heal, right knee, and right elbow. My eye is swollen shut so Im just sittin at home icing up!

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers!

Here are a couple of pictures I just took like 3 min ago. Enjoy!

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/twistedflamingo17/IMG_3561.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/twistedflamingo17/IMG_3560.jpg

bluedevil
June 30th, 2008, 09:03 AM
:shock:
Ouch.... so glad you are ok to tell the tale....

Vanmar Racing
June 30th, 2008, 09:06 AM
OHHH HOLY CRAP!!! OUCH!

Tumbleweed
June 30th, 2008, 09:15 AM
YO ADRIENNE! 8)

SEXY

Vanmar Racing
June 30th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Bubba was sorry to hear you got hurt and he hopes you feel better soon. He wanted to see you at the hospital but they don't let dogs in hospitals.

So he asked me to send you this picture of the two of you, having a special moment....
Maybe this will help cheer you up and also give you the incentive to get better in time for Hastings!

http://i29.tinypic.com/20sfww1.jpg

phildrummond
June 30th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Man, glad you're OK. I was pitted next to you (thanks for the silicone) Saturday and working corners Sunday. I came to check on you at lunch but everyone in your pits was gone. Feel better.

My apologies again for that dude with the mustache in your pits seeing my arse. I'll tone it up for the next race...

Tom

N1K
June 30th, 2008, 09:40 AM
:shock: dam Good to see your ok D. How's that happen with a lid on?
Did your visor break off and something hit you or is your lid's shell all crack and broken on that side? Heal up quick bro. Like a year or so you'll go into seven and it will all come back to ya. That's how mine happened anyway.

hcr25
June 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Glad you are ok my freind! Now you look like one of those pretty boy MMA cage fighters :)

chris nami
June 30th, 2008, 10:04 AM
dude, that's some ugly shiz... but after the crash i saw, i am glad to see you are ok. missed you on the grid. i hope to see you in hastings. -C

T Baggins
June 30th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Now when you and Brownie hit the bars maybe people will think twice before messing with the Dingle! :lol:

dude, thank GOD we wear helmets and all the safety stuff!

don't worry, you'll be your handsome little self here in no time! :wink:

dave.gallant
June 30th, 2008, 10:06 AM
What actually happened?

Did the visor break and cut you?

glenngsxr
June 30th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Wow Dingle. If you look at the bruising patterns, you can see the outline from the foam inside your helmet. It was your windscreen that came up and cut you right? Could your helmet have gotten pushed up far enough to expose your face. Judging by your chinstrap rash, that's what it looks like to me. Glenn #62

DingleBerns
June 30th, 2008, 10:50 AM
i don't remember what happend but i guess my visor flew off when my head hit so i think a piece of my windscreen cut me up.....but i still dont know how that would happen since i landed separate from the bike...

GNGSXR
June 30th, 2008, 11:20 AM
i saw it happen midway through the crash. it was a hard fall man. i knew it had to hurt but i was very happy to see you instantly sit up and move your arms and legs. i saw peices of your visor come flying off so i think thats what messed you up the most.
get well soon!!!!!!! 8)

dave.gallant
June 30th, 2008, 11:21 AM
i don't remember what happend but i guess my visor flew off when my head hit so i think a piece of my windscreen cut me up.....but i still dont know how that would happen since i landed separate from the bike...

Sorry to hear Dingle - Heal up quick!!

Doughboy
June 30th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Good to hear it was the track that did that and not Bubba! Ouch! Way to get back in the saddle. Heal up fast

T Baggins
June 30th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Dr. Baker chimes in:

Since there is limited tissue to "give" below the skin in the skull area (as opposed to arms, legs, torso), sometimes when you smack it hard enough it just "fractures" like a windshield. There's just no place for the tissue to go so it splits due to the pressure. It's likely that "nothing" actually got in and cut him. I think Glenn says the visor was intact, so I'd bet for sure it wasn't the visor.

That is all I have to say about that.

clowe
June 30th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Dingle, I'm glad you are OK. Heal up quickly so that Bubba does not get lonely!!!

Take care of yourself and get well soon!

Crash

XBAM
June 30th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Dingle,
So glad to see you posting and see your face. Get better soon, and if there is anything you need, give me a call.
Bree

gpsigs
June 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
glad you're good ringly dingly. that face makes you look straight tough. ya better be in hastings!

dragos13
June 30th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Dingle, you got my number so let me know if I can help you with the bike or anything else.

BTW, you were really starting to move out there. We'll battle at Hastings in two weeks. Heal up quick bro!!!

James W
June 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Nice shiner, Dingle!! Happy to hear you are doing okay! Can't wait to battle with you again! Heal up quick!!

DingleBerns
June 30th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks everyone. Im ready to race just need to get the ol' bike ready. ($$$ :evil: :evil: :evil: )

Tony as I think about it more. I think that that seems pretty logical.

But then again you wear thongs! :lol: :lol:

But in all seriousness, i don't think the windscreen cut me, the visor was intact, and the impact of 7 feet straight onto my forehead did the job as Dr. Baker suggested.

Thanks again!

Hopefully I will see everyone at Hastings!

Dingle

polar x
June 30th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Glad your ok Derek. 8)

KipBook
July 1st, 2008, 04:09 PM
Glad to see you looking better than when I got there! Your wounds look much better than I expected from when I last saw you. The Corner Marshal that saw you fly said he thought you were actually going to save it and everything seemed to happen in slow motion! Nice to see you doing better! See you in Hastings!

Kip 8)

Ashli
July 2nd, 2008, 09:30 AM
Dingle baby you look smokin' hot with a broken nose!!! Glad you're okay babe, sorry we couldn't find you after the races when we heard you came back :P Let me and Dave know if you need any help with your bike, were right around the corner remember :)

T Baggins
July 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Got any updated photos dingle? One of the girls here at work seems to have a "thing" for you, and want's to make sure you're doing better.

The GECCO
July 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Got any updated photos dingle? One of the girls here at work seems to have a "thing" for you, and want's to make sure you're doing better.

When did Bubba start working at your office??

DingleBerns
July 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Here you go! One week and 8 hours after those pics on the first page. Seems to have healed fast!

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/twistedflamingo17/garagesale019-1.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/twistedflamingo17/garagesale020-1.jpg

-puck-
July 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Damn bro, looks good for only a week. That will be a tough-guy scar for sure. 8)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
July 7th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Derek-

Damn you were lucky dude....another 1/2 inch down and that eye was gone.

Keep getting well.