PDA

View Full Version : Prairie Dog Encounters

2Blue
June 24th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Just wondering........has anybody hit one on a track?

DingleBerns
June 24th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I haven't hit those but I did hit a bird at the beginning of last season.....

Hotrod
June 24th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I watched Fred Roth cut a bunny wabbit in half at speed. 'Twer messy.
:D

Vanmar Racing
June 24th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Don't forget the rattlesnake that was on the track at Mountain View (aka CDR)
Everytime a bike went flying by, the snake would strike out at it. That snake was pissed!

cromer611
June 24th, 2008, 11:28 PM
monday the 16th, i guess there was a family or so crossing T1. I went by one lap and saw 2 or three on the inside of the corner. went around again and one was bookin it across, had to stand it up to not hit the widdol guy. went back into the pits and had to pull the seat outa my ass. :shock:

marty
June 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Don't forget the rattlesnake that was on the track at Mountain View (aka CDR)
Everytime a bike went flying by, the snake would strike out at it. That snake was pissed!

i think i heard a story of pediford scooping up a snake in his lap through turn 8 at pmp :shock:

Jon
June 25th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Birds at speed ouch, happened last year end of season. Startled the hell out of me and got blood and feathers throughout the vents of my helmet on top of blood and a few feathers on my face!
Ricky and rabbit at Second Creek during ROR. Damn rabbit was cut in half and we started using him as a reference point! Then someone hit what was left and I got lost!

The GECCO
June 25th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I hit a bird smack in the visor when I popped out of the bubble on the longer of the two back straights at La Junta....I was leading at the time but finished poorly because I had bird juice all over the right side of my visor for the rest of the race and couldn't see worth a damn. Also hit a couple rabbits at SCR.

I remember the one Ricky hit, going into the kink CCW in RoR...he actually hit it with his footpeg while leaned over and cut it in two :shock:

TRK
June 25th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Opie Caylor hit a deer at road A, cut her in half and he didn't dump the bike.

cosp600rr
June 25th, 2008, 05:29 AM
I hit a little praire dog at pmp once. Was coming out of turn 5, just picked it up off my knee and was on the gas hard. Thump thump. Came around the next lap and there was just a brown spot in the road. One of his buddies must have dragged him off.

chris nami
June 25th, 2008, 09:20 AM
hit a p-dog about every week at second creek back in the day, hit my friend in the helmet with one i flung up...Thursday bike nights were sometimes like playing frogger........right turn, pass street guy, left turn, dodge p-dog, right turn, pass five street guys into the house turn and dodge p-dog (extra points!!)....;)

James W
June 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
No dogs, Jim Brewer and I passed by a tarantula in turn 9 last year. It was pretty funny :lol:

phildrummond
June 26th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Tarantula at PMP between pit out and T1 on June 20. Would have been the perfect brake marker if someone hit it but the punk wandered off. Looked like a blonde toupee walking around.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
June 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM
No dogs, Jim Brewer and I passed by a tarantula in turn 9 last year. It was pretty funny :lol:
That was wierd - it looked like a kneepuck with legs and hair.

N1K
June 30th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I almost got 1 in 2 at pmp coulpe weeks ago. Little baby just stood there at the apex barking is poor little ass off. He ran after I went by. I thought forsure I was gonna cream him I couln't stop staring at him.