PDA

View Full Version : Back to back on Sat/Sun

Jon
June 24th, 2008, 09:51 PM
To anyone who does it and I know several of you do. What's the best procedure for getting a drink and making the grid if you have back to back races? The ones my riders speaking of doing don't have a scheduled break between and I'd love to see him get at least a drink before heading back out. Please advise and thanks in advance!

Hotrod
June 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Wear a drinking bladder under speed hump leathers. I've seen it done, I believe it was Brownie.

Jon
June 24th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Luckily enough after 18 years or so of racing we know the starter, and I'll just bet he'll allow Pete or myself to allow our fellow racer to have a drink on grid, the Camelbacks not too bad an idea though, if worse come to worse! Thanks for the idea, I believe there's a company that's already incorporated a camelback into there leathers?

motobum
June 24th, 2008, 11:13 PM
spidi

KipBook
June 24th, 2008, 11:25 PM
PM sent

marty
June 24th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Wear a drinking bladder under speed hump leathers. I've seen it done, I believe it was Brownie.

i think he replaced the bladder with a pack of smokes and a lighter :lol:

jon, most of my races are back to back. its usually cool down lap and strait to pregrid where the whole pack is waiting for me. maybe just let blake know to think of it as an endurance race or have one of your guys wait for him in pregrid with a bottle of water for a quick drink.

Jon
June 25th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Thanks guys,
Looks like he'll be taking care of. I and I'm sure he, appreciates the help!

DingleBerns
June 25th, 2008, 12:26 AM
What about not doing the warm up lap on the second race? Give you an extra 2 minutes to take a break and drink some water....just a thought.

Dingle

The GECCO
June 25th, 2008, 12:44 AM
What about not doing the warm up lap on the second race? Give you an extra 2 minutes to take a break and drink some water....just a thought.

Dingle

That's what I'd do....if you let us know ahead of time arrangements can be made for an exception allowing the rider to enter at T10 while the grid is forming

bluedevil
June 25th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I did this all season last year with HWSS and AGTO....

If you simply tell the Grid master when you go out for your 1st race, that its a back to backer for ya... When you come in from the cool down of the 1st race, you can pull in to pregrid area and get water, fuel, etc.... While the next race is on warm up lap, you can drink and rest... Then as all of the riders come by from warm up, you just pull on behind them all in T10 and go to your grid spot..... (Hastings is not as easy, but PMP is a breeze)

Just make sure you tell the grid master (who ever that might be this round)

Ashli
June 25th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Wow Tony... very clever, bet it took you all night to come up with something so witty. Retard.

polar x
June 25th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I meet Dave near Pre Grid with his second bike I lean it on the fence. When the crash truck brings him in with the GSXR I give him water, lean the GSXR on the fence he limps over to the F3 and he's off to the races :) If you have someone to help you it's easy enough but if not pit closer to hot pit lane then you can zip in and zip out :) If Dave was smart, he'd just ask Vinny for a bottle of water or gatorade at the crash scene and he could enjoy it on the ride in. ](*,)

I don't care who are that thar is funny. :lol: :lol:

Jon
June 25th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks all for the responses, I believe between the lot of us we got it figured out and he'll be hydrated, hell he's even started I saw him out last night! Just kidding, he's straight as an arrow and hopefully at least fast as one!

froth
June 25th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Ashli:

Teri and I love you! Good thing We didn't have coffee handy, or We'd be getting new screens!

You're great!

XXOO

Fred and Teri

Kickstand
June 26th, 2008, 04:20 PM
""Just make sure you tell the grid master (who ever that might be this round)""

Gee! I miss one race and now people think i've abandoned my position!!!!

The GECCO
June 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
""Just make sure you tell the grid master (who ever that might be this round)""

Gee! I miss one race and now people think i've abandoned my position!!!!

Nope...you missed TWO races in Hastings - it was a double header!! :lol:

Ashli
June 27th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I meet Dave near Pre Grid with his second bike I lean it on the fence. When the crash truck brings him in with the GSXR I give him water, lean the GSXR on the fence he limps over to the F3 and he's off to the races :) If you have someone to help you it's easy enough but if not pit closer to hot pit lane then you can zip in and zip out :) If Dave was smart, he'd just ask Vinny for a bottle of water or gatorade at the crash scene and he could enjoy it on the ride in. ](*,)

I don't care who are that thar is funny. :lol: :lol:

You don't care who are that?? Nice grammar skills sweetheart. :lol:

polar x
June 29th, 2008, 11:21 PM
UUUUmmmmmm :? well I just don't have a really good one for that.
Guilty as charged :oops: But damn it was funny. :wink: