PDA

View Full Version : Safety Question Regarding PMP...

d_mob
June 24th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Not to bring up an old topic, but since we are headed back to Pueblo this weekend (and I can't freakin' wait) I wanted to ensure that there would be adequate track safety/support.

The reason that I ask is that I had a Nissan Altima cross the track directly in front of me mid-race coming through turn 8. It was my first race and it spooked the heck out of me.

I know that we discussed it during the next morning's rider meeting, but I just wanted to bring it up once again to make sure that we're covered.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking anything or anyone at PMP, it's just that I still have bad dreams about that damn Altima and what would've happened had I been 2 seconds faster coming through 8.

Thanks in advance for the response --

-- David

T Baggins
June 24th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Actually, the MRA is in charge of the track security while we are there - so don't blame PMP for that one. We were short staffed (read as we have like two cornerworkers to cover the whole track most days), and didn't have enough people to staff both sides of the crossover at turn 8. Of course the nissan idiot came from the unstaffed side...

We've made changes since that incident to ensure that both sides of the crossover are staffed at all times - and we will be physically closing the metal gate-arms so people can't just drive thru.

FWIW, bikes pop up out of 7 so fast (even if you know where to look) that it is difficult to get across the track safely. I pulled out in front of Marty Sims a few years ago and almost collected him with my trailer. My bad. it was a practice day, and there was NO gate staff at all...

Earlene
June 25th, 2008, 05:22 AM
This Friday- for the open track day, I have scheduled a live, human, breathing, walking, talking person to run the crossover at turn 8, the main entrance into the park. You may have to wait to get across so please be kind, I'm doing it for you and want everyone safe to run Saturday and Sunday.

Remember we've got those KRAZYYYYYY Friday night drags so please park in the north area of the pits and due to a lack of parking spaces, FOR FRIDAY, please do not park parallel to the asphalt. It takes up a lot of space and folks tend to get a little prissy about parking spaces. Not to mention the drag racers getting prissy about the lack of space on the lanes to get back to their pit area. Saturday and Sunday is not a problem.

The showers will be open during the day on Thursday and Friday UNTIL 4:00pm then we lock them down until 6am on Saturday morning and will remain open through Sunday.

The Cafe special will be half of a turkey or ham sandwich with a choice of one side. The sides are: pasta salad or fruit salad. All this served with a smile for the small price of $4.00.

If anyone needs anything on Friday just look me up and I'll try to do all possible to help you.

Ene

d_mob
June 25th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Great! Thanks for the responses Tony & Earlene...

Again, I wasn't putting blame on anyone (except maybe the Nissan driver), just wanted to bring it up once again to ensure that we're being safe out there.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone over the weekend --

T Baggins
June 25th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Nothing wrong with placing blame - so long as it is placed appropriately. That's all I was trying to communicate. :)