PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Shop / Tech?

gsnyder828
June 8th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I'm considering picking up a 7.3l Powerstroke F250 and need a recommendation for a good diesel tech / shop to do a PPI.

Someone within a reasonable distance of Boulder/Longmont would be preferred.

Thanks,

Tumbleweed
June 8th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hey Geoff,
If you can get it to Brighton I can check it out. I work at Brighton Ford but I have worked out a Fleet rate deal for all MRA members with the service department. I am a Senior Master Ford Certified Diesel Mechanic and I know everything to look for on those trucks. I can tell you all the things it needs and more, probably more info than you even want to know. If you give me a VIN# (PM it to me) I can check the full warranty history on the truck you are thinking about and let you know all the problems it ever had. This is a good sign of what kind of maintenance the truck received in its lifetime.

You can reach me at 303 261 2938 and I can get everything set up for you.

Ray-Ray
June 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Chris ROCKS! He is a great mechanic! He saved my ass before Hastings.

Wahooman
June 8th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I am sure Weed can get you all you need....but if you need something closer to Boulder you can give our shop a call. Stan's Automotive (its our family bus.) Been there for 36 years now.
I had a 7.3L stroker and my dad is currently driving a 2002. Best diesel Ford ever made (of course IMO)
Can definetely do a pre-purchase, give ya some info, etc......
Feel free to give me a call if you have some questions over the phone 970.396.2120 and as mentioned above I know Weed has good knowledge in this arena as well.

Lel399
June 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM
WEED! he even fixed my issue over the phone!

lol

T Baggins
June 10th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Weed did a "post" PPI on my truck and took care of everything it needed. '99 F350 7.3 Then, when the speedo started acting weird and the cruise light was flashing - I called him, he diagnosed it, and then brought the part to the General Meeting. He even put the 'effin part in for me in the parking lot.

Weed's the man!

Tumbleweed
June 10th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks everybody for the props, just glad I can help.

On a side note, I have no idea why I made sure Tony was gonna make it to the races with his truck. We all know nobody wants him there. 8)

bluedevil
June 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
WEED! he even fixed my issue over the phone!

lol

and by second hand my CHEVY truck also.... (Had the same issue as Leleck wiht my ole truck) Instead of fixing it, I just traded it in though... :lol: