PDA

View Full Version : Moto race

Racing616
June 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Well, it's finally happened. Tomorrow I will be racing moto at Berthoud (www.RMXA.org) for the first time in five years. I will be on a Husky TC 250 four stroke. Racing in the 250 A, 25+ A (shite, I am getting older!), and the Open Pro class (like RoR). I am REALLY excited, and it should be a good time.

If you are in the area, stop by and say hello! The track is just off the hwy past longmont.

B-RAD to the bone.

1ofTheBoys
June 7th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Good luck tomorrow Brad. It should be alot of fun.

Racing616
June 9th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Results are in, and the Husky is SWEET! An almost stock Husky (only an increased rev limiter, STOCK everything else!) and a washed up has been of a racer managed to finish 4th in Open Pro, 3rd in 250 A, and 2nd in the +25 A class!

It was a great day, and special thanks to my dad, Matt, Phil aka "PJ" aka "The Peaj" aka "My Peajie" Johnson, Jesse, Chris, and Jason for an amazing day. I had forgotten how physically tough it was to race motocross. I was reminded on Sunday! Racing a superbike against the likes of Clarke, Graham and Turner is no cake walk, but finishing your 6th race of the day (each race has two motos...) with bruises from roost every where, a bloody nose and lip, and a body beat by bumps and ruts showed that this is truly the toughest sport in the world. It has been forever since I raced, and the Husky was plain awesome! Riding a 250 in open classes is like taking a 600 into RoR O and we still finished really well. If you guys are looking to get into dirt (moto, off road, or enduro), give us at Northern CO Husky a call. These bikes are awesome! (I will have a couple of pics later tomorrow!)

1ofTheBoys
June 10th, 2008, 06:50 AM
That's awesome to hear Brad. I haven't rode dirt in a few years but you just reminded me of how much abuse the body takes on a dirtbike. I guess were just glutton's for punishment.