PDA

View Full Version : Save-A-Vet July Ride

dave.gallant
June 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
My name is Danny Scheurer, and I'm co-founder of Save-A-Vet. I am a 30 year old return Iraq veteran. Besides each other we relied on our canine friends for protection. There were many times when our bomb-sniffing canines saved our lives as we went about our duties.

As a lifelong animal lover, I passionately believe when our canine friends retire from their commission they should be given a dignified facility to live out the remainder of their days in peace. Many military and police dogs are unable to be placed for adoption because of their training. This is when Save-A Vet "The Forgotten Soldiers" was born in my heart, let it live in your heart. Our canine friends will do any thing for us and go anywhere. They protect all of us in harms way. Now it is our turn to give back to them.

I would like to ask your organization for support. We have gotten our Incorporation back from the state of IL as a not-for-profit organization. We are having our "1st Annual Save-A-Vet Benefit Ride", this July to help raise money and awarness for our orginization. We have gotten a lot of support from businesses and people across the world. Just recently at an event we were invited to set a booth at, where we were approached by a very well known organization from my area which is interested in donating a very large piece of land for us to build our start-up kennels at. We would like the support to keep coming, but I have limited resources being how my background is mostly military. Is there anything you can do to help or any suggestions you may have it would be greatly appreciated. Also, we would like to invite your orginization to join in our run. The link below is for the ride. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you.

1st Annual Save-A-Vet Benefit Ride
http://www.save-a-vet.org/2008benefitride.htm

Danny Scheurer
Save-A-Vet nfp Inc.
Co-Founder
847-400-6021
dlscheurer@saveavet.org
www.save-a-vet.org
www.saveavet.org