PDA

View Full Version : Miller Update, TR 29th

Racing616
May 29th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Hey guys! Well, CO did alright today in Miller, but unfortunately our resident bad ass Jeff "BlueBalls" Brown missed qualifying for FX by .2 of a second! He was having some issues with suspension on that bike, so we are pulling for him in SuperSport now. Ricky O had a good qualifying of it, AFTER I came tearing around him ;) He managed to get up to 23rd. I managed to pull in 17th, with a big asterisk right next to it. I came in and cut the track (shame on me) and the AMA decided that after that point, no more of my laps would count. I actually went back out and put in a FASTER lap! So, they wouldnt allow that one to count. I would have made 14th with that lap. One thing is clear, the MRA 600s are a bit down in horse power compared with the AMA bikes. The AMA has a top speed gun set out, and they are giving us our speeds too. Here are some numbers for you to chew on. Pegram managed 164 MPH, Davies and the Erion bikes were all in the 163 MPH range. Ricky was at 148 MPH, I think about 30th out of the 33 racers, Brown was in that area, and I was at 150 MPH, good enough for 26th! LOL. Most of the privateer top tenish bikes are running around 156-158. We are definitely all a little down on top speed relative to where we are finishing.....if I could just get my hands on one of those Erion bikes........ :)

Anyway, we have warmup tomorrow afternoon, and then a late race, after which I start to open up beer cans and watch superbikes all weekend while telling everyone around me how "I can beat him and I would finish there if I had a bike!"

Good job to all the CO guys down here!

dave.gallant
May 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
KICK SOME A$$ BRAD!!

We are all cheering for you, Scott Jensen, and the rest of the Colorado riders. :)

sheispoison
May 29th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Good show Brad!!! Good luck with the rest of the weekend!

slo1299
May 29th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Good luck, we will be cheering you on!!!

gpsigs
May 29th, 2008, 10:54 PM
thanks for the update and good luck!

Throttleroller277
May 31st, 2008, 05:55 PM
Just thought I would add an update.

As Brad said we are way down on power! Turns out I missed FX qualifying by 0.09 a second!! Sucked(ass). In practice I had a Top speed of 152mph. The Qualifying session was crazy, with rain delay and wind. In the end I obviously ran harder, because my lap time was the same as in practice, but my top speed on the front strait was slower @148mph!!

Today was much better, I didn't get any practice this morning, and had Supersport qualifying at 8:30. I went out on the other bike, and managed to drop almost 3 seconds off my lap times, which secured me a spot on the grid, whew. Looking at the splits and trap speeds it's crazy, People that I was faster than on every split, had faster qualifying times due to the Top MPH! I clocked in at 153mph, and some of them were up to 158mph!! Crazy how much it effects the overall lap times. I know were I can make up some time though, so we'll see what happens.

Props to Brad and Ricky yesterday. And thanks to everyone out here helping me!!

Brian D. We need to do my forks when I get back!

marty
May 31st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Turns out I missed FX qualifying by 0.09 a second!!

time to switch to mich ultra instead of bud light to save weight :lol: glad to see you made the ss race though, give em hell brownie :twisted:

1ofTheBoys
May 31st, 2008, 09:22 PM
Guys, great job and can't wait to see the races tomorrow. Stopped by your pits but you were already gone. Good luck to all.

glenngsxr
June 2nd, 2008, 07:44 AM
Nice job this weekend Brownie! It was a blast helping you out! Glenn #62

R1-2NV
June 2nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Great effort this weekend Brad and all of you.

I just want to say thanks to you Brad. Im a former MRA racer and
was out at the races with some friends. My buddys 996 needed some
attention as it would not make it back to Denver the way it was.

I saw Brads trailer and asked him if he would lend a hand with some
tools to fix it. Without any hesitation Brad was like no problem.

The kindness and willingness of all of you in the MRA still to this
day blows my mind. It really makes me miss all of you.
Some of the best people I have met race in the MRA

Thanks again Brad for taking time to help out a fellow rider.

Steve

Racing616
June 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
All right friends, finally getting some time to give an update of the race ;)

I managed to go 3 mins flat in warm up, which was a significant improvement over my qualifying time (I think around 2 secs faster....) SO, this was on old tires and I was VERY excited for the race, where on new tires, I think I could have run into the 2.58s easily. Alas, it was not meant to be. I launched terribly (we have a kit first gear in the daytona which is very tall, too tall for high altitude as it turns out) and got stuck behind a Ducati 749, and, this was Pegrams 848 monster from the previous year....the fastest FX bike in the paddock. SO, I finished 16th, after a race spent passing on the infield portions just to get pulled and walked down the straights. He was just fast enough for me to be completely unable to put a pass on him. A better rider would have been able to, but I couldn't. I spent the entire race riding 2 secs a lap SLOWER than I did in the morning. Turns out his bike, on the dynojet, does 147 hp, mine was at 122. Based on our lap calculations, if I could have run MY laps free from the corner slow, fast straight Duc, I would have been about 11th-12th.....

What does this mean to you? Well, I feel as if I did a poor job representing our club. The Triumph was not ready for Miller (motor wise). I feel I should be top 10 FX, and want that for our club as well (cause the riders we have haul the mail). Here's what we are gonna do!

1)Kit first gear is out! We are putting the short gear in to launch better.
2)Motor. It's being rebuilt, and we should be closer to 130 at the wheel (on the dynojet traveling dyno) Folks, just to clarify, my 122 isn't much more than a typical supersport bike, once more, ON THE DYNOJET dyno....for reference, the numbers on our Foothills dynojet, and the Faster! dyno are all lower than this. A dyno is a tool. If I hear "you're bike is so much faster down the straight" one more time........it WILL be faster after the rebuild, I promise :)
3)I will get faster

MORE, we are going to do two more nationals. Mid Ohio and the final round of Laguna. I think these tracks will suit the D675 more than Miller. The torque and tiny frame is great through and out the corners. I want a top 10, and I feel as if the club deserves it, for fair representation......sorry for the delay in the update, as anyone who was there knows, I was pissed off, so I didn't want to re-think this until now.

B-RAD

PS: Thanks for all the support, it feels really good. And to all those racing at Miller, and the friends that I saw, thanks.

Throttleroller277
June 10th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I feel as if I did a poor job representing our club. .

Gee thanks Brad!! If you did a "poor job", I must have done a "terrible job!" Sorry to have been a disappointment to you or anyone else. I was just glad, and proud, to be out there with the best racers in the country.......

T Baggins
June 10th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I feel as if I did a poor job representing our club. .

Gee thanks Brad!! If you did a "poor job", I must have done a "terrible job!" Sorry to have been a disappointment to you or anyone else. I was just glad, and proud, to be out there with the best racers in the country.......

You two are a disgrace to our club... :oops: :wink:

Sheeeit, I WISH I was nearly as fast as you two! When you consider that I don't run ROR-U because you guys will lap me - think how much of a disappointment I would have been to the club. And I'm the 'effin Vice President for crying out loud!

I've never had the balls (or the talent) to even attempt an AMA National. You should both be very proud of your accomplishments. :D

dragos13
June 10th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I've never had the balls (or the talent) to even attempt an AMA National. You should both be very proud of your accomplishments. :D

+1 You guys all did great. Just to see some familiar faces and names on an AMA race is great to see.

Great job representing the club!!!!!!

Racing616
June 10th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Ok, sorry Brownie, what I meant is, at the moment I am leading the clubs 600 points, and as such, want to show how fast we really are. That didn't happen at Miller. Not close. I can't just turn laps and be happy, better results are needed. My own personal deal I guess. For what it's worth, I was very proud of you being out there. It's AWESOME to see MRA racers at the nationals.

Thank you Tony and Casey, but there is definitely more to come. Anyhow, if we all felt great about where we finished, we'd never get better would we? I think the biggest issue was I didn't get a chance to push my hardest on an open lap, cause I was stuck. It was so weird not being able to pass this guy...I felt like I could ride through the corners with my hand on the tank, but couldn't get away. Mid O is next, wait for it.

DingleBerns
June 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I want to be just like you when I grow up B to the Rad!!!

Nice job guys!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
June 10th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Sorry Dingle...I think you're just about done growing any further up... :lol: Your the Dany Pedrosa (as far as stature goes) for the MRA.

Besides as fast as you are now this early on, it's gonna be exciting watching you get faster.

Great job to all of you out there at Miller!

Throttleroller277
June 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Ok, sorry Brownie, what I meant is, .

No Worries Brad, I know what you meant!! I wish I had done better as well, but all in all...I was just glad to be there.