PDA

View Full Version : Hooked!

spyvspy
May 27th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Just wanted to send a big thanks to all the corner worker and MRA gang for my truly fantastic introduction to corner marshaling. I gotta tell you-- I am hooked! Loved it. You would think there wouldn't be much appeal to 12 hour days in the Nebraska humidity, stuck out in a field of alfalfa with an outhouse and an umbrella full of mice... but I've gotta say, it has it's charm!

Many thanks to Kip, Nick, Erica and Vince for showing me the ropes and forgiving any new-girl errors I made along the way. And thanks to Mike, Norberg, Shane, Tom, John and the MPH corner workers for keeping it both safe and interesting! Not many dull moments, eh? (And how many times have you had licorice handed to you out of the window of a pick-up?!? Sweet!)

As someone who is trying to break into racing, I can definitely say I think I learned more in MPH's corner 9 than I thought possible. And, speaking of, thanks to all the racers for the extra special attention on those last laps! Not too used to girls in the corners, eh? Ha!

Know I will be there this season for as many race weekends as I can swing. And thanks again, all. You made me feel welcome from the get-go, and it was great to meet you all.

-Kate-

1ofTheBoys
May 28th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Kate,

You think your addicted working the corners, just wait till you get out on the track. Can't wait to get you out on the grid with the rest of us girls.

Thanks for coming up and helping out.

Gone_Skiing
May 28th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Kate it was great having you out there! We'd love to have you back as often as you can make it. Newbie errors? The only ones I remember were someone confusing turn 13 with turn 9 but I don't think that was you. :wink:

Hope to see you in Pueblo in June!

-Nick
Head Corner Marshal '08

rybo
May 28th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Glad we've got you hooked! Thanks for all your hard work this weekend. Turn 9 was getting a lot of action!

Slightly off topic, Nick, I think you're doing an outstanding job. Keep up the great work!

Gone_Skiing
May 28th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Thank you! I really can't take too much credit though. We've got a great set of corner workers. They make my job really easy.

-Nick

polar x
May 28th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Not to hijack your thread but a BIG atta girl and boy to Erika and her hubby for working pre grid. Hard job when you have no experience with it 8) You guys did great :!:

And the cute one in nine I assume was Kate. :oops: yes we don't get many girls out there. I always make it a point to wave to and show my appreciation to the corner workers cute and ugly :wink:

You guys do a great job, THANK YOU :!: :!:

spyvspy
May 28th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Hijack it all you want-- Nick and Erica definitely deserve a big thank you.

(Nick especially, because anyone who helps me tease Tom is a friend of mine! Ha. I gotta say, it was good to be amongst a rare few who have the same sarcastic streak that I do. Loved it! AND you guys put up with Tom and I all weekend, which means you deserve extra thanks! Thanks too for putting a MPH "chaperon" with us when we were both in turn 9 on Sunday. Ha. Poor guy!)

-Kate-

Wild Cheetah 612
May 28th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Wait until you ride your first race, Kate. Now that's addiction!!

KipBook
May 31st, 2008, 08:49 PM
Kate, I've seen some great corner workers and some really lousy ones and you are one of the greats! I'm glad you made it! ps, thanks also for giving Boots and Shane a ride!