PDA

View Full Version : Wilkerson........missed you this weekend. How are you?

glenngsxr
May 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
heard about your accident. How is the finger? Glenn #62

bluedevil
May 27th, 2008, 11:42 AM
no doubt brother... sorry to hear the bad news.... Hope least U got some good percocette in the mean time... :shock:

Vanmar Racing
May 27th, 2008, 01:12 PM
James...
We missed seeing you in Hastings.

Were they able to re-attach your finger?

Get better soon!!!!

Tammy

James W
May 27th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I am doing really good just took some percocet. Just really bummed I could not make it to Hastings. I was more pissed off about not going than than my finger. :x I really appreciate your concerns thanks everybody :D I will try to get some pics up if i can figure it out.

May 27th, 2008, 08:40 PM
DO NOT post any pics!

cosp600rr
May 27th, 2008, 09:43 PM
So Thursday night before we leave for Hastings I am asleep but waiting to here from James on whether he is going or not so I have my phone next to the bed. I wake up at 11:30 to my phone beeping and I think it must be a text message from James and thought it must be important so I check it and much to my surprise James had decided to send me a picture of his bloody stump. I'm here to tell you thats not a nice picture to wake up to. It haunted me for many hours to come. I did find great pleasure in showing it to as many racers over the weekend as I could.

Sorry about your unfortunate loss. I hope you feel better soon so you can come terrorize us all on the track once again
:D

cosp600rr
May 27th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Hey Seann if you send me your phone number I will send it to you :lol:

James W
May 27th, 2008, 09:51 PM
So much for career as a hand model! :oops:

cosp600rr
May 27th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Sorry for this. James made me do it. Its a much cleaner pic than the one that he sent to my phone. Scroll down if you want to see it. Don't if you are have a weak stomach.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/cosp600rr/0527082104.jpg

DingleBerns
May 27th, 2008, 10:27 PM
What exactly happened to cause that?!?

Sorry to hear about that!

Dingle

cosp600rr
May 28th, 2008, 05:51 AM
James had and incident with a rotory style steering damper while loading his bike for Hastings.

bluedevil
May 28th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Must be a later pic... The one Mat showed me looked far more grusome.... Glad the perc's are treating you well... Now put some duct tape on it and get ou there and race !!

froth
May 28th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Jeeze! the things you do to lighten things up! Heal up quickly then regail us with tales of daring-do and how you lost it (i.e. volunteering at the zoo hand feeding raptors).

James W
May 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I had the bike loaded with one tie down on the left side and was tightening the right side and stood up thinking i was done and the bike fell over on to me and lost my balance I grabbed the left handlebar with left hand and grabbed the GPR top mount dampener with my right hand and my little finger was between the body and arm. keep in mind there was no strap on the right side it continued to fall on me the handlebars turned to the right because the left strap was still hooked up, That was when my finger got pinched off. That is when i heard something snap I thought it was the tiedown and then the bike had me pinned against the side of the truck bed against my shins and i tried to push it off of me and my little finger was in pain so I looked at it and said FU$$$$K and then realized it was my finger that snapped not the tiedown. I yelled at Angela several times to come out and help she did .
This all happened really fast in the back of a Ford Ranger.
Thanks Angela I love you very very very much :D
Sorry if too detailed!

Jon
May 28th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Damn son were they able to reattach it? I hope so as fitting gloves is going to be a bitch!

James W
May 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
No they were not able to reattach it . I had the same thoughts on the gloves . I am really picky the way gloves fit I guess I should be more fortunate I can wear them :D

T Baggins
May 29th, 2008, 08:25 AM
and it was your nose-picking one to boot... :shock:

Damn shame, but when you consider all the stupid s#!t we do as racers, to lose a pinky that way is pretty ridiculous :!:

Vanmar Racing
May 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I will talk to Kris Hillman the leather lady, about modifying your glove. I think she can "take in" some of the extra leather flappage and maybe pad the end to protect the sensitive part til it toughens up.

I finally took a quick peek at the picture. Scrolled by fast and glanced at it. YUCK.
I still can't stop on the picture and really LOOK at it.

Poor Angela! I can't imagine what she went through coming out and seeing that.

Get better soon James!

Tammy

James W
May 29th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the info on the gloves!! Angela was pretty freaked out that night. She's been pretty helpful! Looking forward to the Pueblo race!
Take Care!!

loujr
May 29th, 2008, 08:50 PM
My dad actually cut off his middle finger on his left hand when he was 13. He "takes in" all his gloves and it seems to work pretty good...Shouldn't be too hard to do.

James W
May 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the info and the suggestions they help!!