PDA

View Full Version : Women of the West Series Round 1!

grant_me_rev's
May 19th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Women of the West Series Round 1

We are excited to announce that Round One of the regional series during the past weekend had a great turn out! The SMRIs Formula Femme race class was one of the larger grids of the race day!

Five Colorado Participants were able to support the Women of the West Race series and the gals of Colorado were able to place in the top three!

#1 MRA 188 Katie Stewart
#2 MRA 496 Moriah Waterland
#3 MRA 186 Sasha Taranto

Next challenge takes place in Pueblo during the June race weekend event and we will be welcoming the ladies of Formula Femme to Colorado!!! As of now we have six participants prepped to race the series! (these are just some of the ladies that I am aware of there may be MORE!!!)

Edda Tully
Davinia Chism
Shana Runk
Kimberly Prichard
Diane Spangler
Nicole Hertzler

These ladies are making arrangements to tech their machines to MRA specifications to participate in the WoW series there are also some more ladies interested who may show and we appreciate the support they will be providing the LoR series and welcome them into the MRA!

Women of the West entire series takes place

May 17/18 at SMRI Albuquerque, NM (Complete)

June 28/29 at MRA Pueblo, CO

August 9/10 at MRA Pueblo, CO

October 18/19 at SMRI Albuquerque, NM

We want to thank SMRI for holding Round One and welcoming the participants through out the weekend and hope to have an even better showing come October 2008 where the final event of the Women of the West series take place at the Sandia MotorSpeedway!

I would also like to thank all the gals and guys that came out to support from CO!!! Extremely proud of all of you in taking the time out to participate, in having a great turn out, great attitudes, which in turn made for a wonderful experience. The weekend was filled with spectacular racing weather and it was cool to share this event with the SMRI club.

Throttleroller277
May 19th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Good job Colorado Ladies!!! Way to represent!! 8)

grant_me_rev's
May 19th, 2008, 06:18 PM
The race was an interesting one for sure! Edda Tully on her ZX-10 was on Pole, with a spectacular start she got the hole shot into turn one. Kate closing in behind her was able to dice it up with Edda the entire way. Moriah soon reached the top two and it became a three-way battle for first!
One lap prior to the white flag there was an on track incident causing a waving yellow flag situation during that same time Edda was closing in on lapped traffic, SMRI officials stated she had passed the individual under the waving yellow resulting in the SMRI officials calling a penalty to the first place racer docking her a lap. After an official protest the SMRI held their decision consequently for Edda not receiving the first place finish and granting the First place finish to go to Kate Stewart.

Official results will be posted at www.smri-racing.org/

1ofTheBoys
May 19th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks Jeff, we had an awesome weekend. The people at SMRI were great and the track was a blast once I learned the lines. Can't wait for the next round.

Sasha, thanks for organizing the trip and even though you won't take the credit, it was a great idea to have the WoW series. Also thanks to Fred, Teri, Moriah and Joe.

ZiaThunder
May 19th, 2008, 09:22 PM
It was a great weekend, and I was happy to see so many women from CO down for the race.

I can't wait for June, I'm looking forward to seeing you all again.

It was a shame about Edda, but she passed not one but two people under the waving yellow in the hairpin. She knows better then that.

dave.gallant
May 19th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Great job Katie (& all of the Colorado riders!)

terid
May 20th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I too want to thank all the ladies for the guidance...and for passing me with grace :D Congrats on the great finishes ladies!!!!!!

I was the waving yellow flag "incident" Sasha refers to during the race ..... LOL :roll: (the airfence and I became mildly acquainted in the hairpin) but I had a blast and the bike survived with only a mild boo-boo leaving me ready for the next try. I am proud to say, however, that I was VERY happy with my starts this time !!!!

Thanks Sasha for all the work setting this up, and to Moriah, Sheila, Joe and Fredly for ALL the help.

And THANKS to all the folks in Albuquerque. What a great place!!!! We'll be back.

zxappeal
May 22nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Hello,
Just wanted to say this past weekend at SMRI was very fun. It was also a costly learning experience however, rules are rules and need to be followed for the safety of everyone.
I think over all the Wow series kickoff was very successful I'm sure everyone including myself is excited about the races in the WoW furture. I want to say thanks to Sasha for being a fantastic rider and a wonderful person. Thanks to Joe for all your help with Brandon's bike your offer was more than gracious. To the LOR thanks for your kindness, it was nice meeting all of you. See you in June, take care, till then safe riding and racing.

VParra '06EquipMgr
May 23rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Great Job ladies representing Colorado's "Motorcycle Roadracing Association.

We will welcome the Ladies of New Mexico at the next two races in Colorado.

Once again, Great Job and we will continue to support the series and all the ladies racing.