PDA

View Full Version : MRA T-Shirt Poll....

DingleBerns
May 18th, 2008, 08:49 PM
All proceeds after cost will be donated to the new track.

Should we go down this road or not. If so, I will work my magic and get some initial funding for the T-Shirts.

So It's simple...yes or no.

For those who say no, post up your reasoning.

Thanks!

Dingle

The GECCO
May 18th, 2008, 10:44 PM
FYI - the biggest problem we always ran into when doing shirts is finding someone to "man the booth" where they are for sale at the races. I dunno what your plan may be as far as who/where to sell them.

G

turbohoje
May 19th, 2008, 02:20 AM
yes
--- useless banter below ---

perhaps the focus shouldn't be on trying to sell them at the race, but to just sell them to members. then they can wear them around town and possibly stir up some conversation.

would it be fair to charge like $25 a shirt. proceeds go to the new track, and you get a little something for it. then furthermore perhaps you wear the shirt and on and on.

would it be a good idea to make a graphic of an obvious bike racer instead of a big http://www.mra-racing.org/images/img_page_mra_logo_new.gif? although i like the logo, it doesn't scream motorcycles with knees down or anything. also dont put the schedule or the year on it. then they wont sell very well next year or anything.

DingleBerns
May 19th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I agree Justin, we need to have a picture of a racer or just an outline of one atleast....

If manning the booth is the only dilemma, then I can work through that.

I guess all we need is a good number of yes's and I will start lining things up.

DingleBerns
May 19th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I agree Justin, we need to have a picture of a racer or just an outline of one atleast....

If manning the booth is the only dilemma, then I can work through that.

I guess all we need is a good number of yes's and I will start lining things up.

Wild Cheetah 612
May 19th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I voted yes, conditional upon Derek working his magic with funding and manning.
I also agree that we should have a racer on the shirt with the MRA logo

cosp600rr
May 19th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I volunteer to be the guy on the shirts :D

loujr
May 19th, 2008, 07:35 PM
What about putting the ROR Champ on the shirts? Isn't that what the MRA did back in the day...I have one from 88 and 89 and I am pretty sure the #1 plate holder was on the front...just an idea...

loujr
May 19th, 2008, 07:41 PM
One more thing...Would it be fair to have all the PR peeps have the shirts in their pits for sale...we could have a home pit where we all would go to get a certain amount of shirts and various sizes and bases on what we check out return with the loot, and get more if needed. Maybe it would help participation if the PR peeps get to sport the shirts as a promo type deal? Just another thought...

DingleBerns
May 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM
^^^^^I think things would just get all discombobulated if there were 5-10 people selling the shirts. It will be much more organized for one person to sell them. Just my 2 cents.....

We could do the number one plate holder, but then it is the same thing as putting the year down which will decrease the sales of the previous years shirts. I think an outline of a racer would be perfect....

Jon
May 19th, 2008, 07:55 PM
As far as what's on the shirt, the schedule's always a good thing

1ofTheBoys
May 19th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I thought we discussed having an information booth at the races that we would take turns manning the booth. We could also sell the shirts there.

DingleBerns
May 19th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Do we want generic shirts that we can sell 2-3 years after the fact or shirts for specific years.

The problem I see with year specific shirts is that whatever we don't sale at the end of the season, we probably won't sale at all because everyone will want the next season t-shirt. In turn that will be money lost that can't be recuperated unless we "liquidate" the previous years shirts for nothing but still resulting in a loss.....

loujr
May 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Maybe we could just rotate the 1 person who sells them at a given event, that way we can try to get all the PR people involved. Also have we found a way to pay for them? That might be harder than all of the logistics of actually selling them, what we put on them...

marty
May 19th, 2008, 11:58 PM
could working the t shirt booth be another avenue for folks to work off novice hours

DingleBerns
May 20th, 2008, 07:56 AM
that way we can try to get all the PR people involved. Also have we found a way to pay for them? That might be harder than all of the logistics of actually selling them, what we put on them...

The PR people already have their plates full so that's why I am going to try and make this happen and run it. They don't need anything else to deal with. All I need is a unanimous vote and I will work in the funding. I think the initial start up cost would be between $500-$1000 which is very doable.

The only thing left we need to agree on is what should be on the shirts along with the MRA Logo. There are quite a few options:

1) MRA logo with outline of racer
2) MRA logo with number one plate holder
3)MRA logo with season schedule and outline of racer
4)MRA logo with season schedule and number one plate holder

Options 2, 3, & 4 have draw backs. After that season, the shirts will be much harder to sell because people will want the next season shirt resulting in a loss of money as we will have shirts left over that we cannot sale. If we go for option one, then we will not run into that dilemma and the shirts will be good for years and we won't have to worry about boxes of shirts just laying around.

Wild Cheetah 612
May 20th, 2008, 01:06 PM
What about putting the ROR Champ on the shirts? Isn't that what the MRA did back in the day...I have one from 88 and 89 and I am pretty sure the #1 plate holder was on the front...just an idea...
He was. Dan Turner was on that shirt

I say option 1

marty
May 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM
that way we can try to get all the PR people involved. Also have we found a way to pay for them? That might be harder than all of the logistics of actually selling them, what we put on them...

The PR people already have their plates full so that's why I am going to try and make this happen and run it. They don't need anything else to deal with. All I need is a unanimous vote and I will work in the funding. I think the initial start up cost would be between $500-$1000 which is very doable.

The only thing left we need to agree on is what should be on the shirts along with the MRA Logo. There are quite a few options:

1) MRA logo with outline of racer
2) MRA logo with number one plate holder
3)MRA logo with season schedule and outline of racer
4)MRA logo with season schedule and number one plate holder

Options 2, 3, & 4 have draw backs. After that season, the shirts will be much harder to sell because people will want the next season shirt resulting in a loss of money as we will have shirts left over that we cannot sale. If we go for option one, then we will not run into that dilemma and the shirts will be good for years and we won't have to worry about boxes of shirts just laying around.
i'm with derek on this, outline with no dates. having done retail in nightclubs and restaurants, the worst thing is to get stuck with merch you can't sell cause it is dated. i think a nice sleek outline would be the safest route to start. if the shirts move well, maybe next year have a very limited run of #1 plate holder shirts. i would also think we should shoot at the $500 mark for an opening order. some conservative production #s would be, 15-20 of each size: girls baby tees or tank tops, medium, large and 10-15 xlarge and 3 xxlarge.

marty
May 20th, 2008, 03:23 PM
i just spoke to some friends of friends at IndyInk. they have done tons of tshirts for the tattoo shop i go to and are some nice folks. as a ball park #, if we did 100 men's tshirts with one color on the front and one color on the back, they would run $6.65 a piece, $352.45 and for 20 girl shirts one color front and back, they would run $8.35 a piece, $125.25. total project, est. $477.77. the price changes with more colors and larger or smaller quantities. however, the price breaks for quantity are not so great that is worth ordering 500 shirts on an unknown venture.

i don't think as a first run we should order too many more than 100-150 shirts. i'm not sure how many active racers there are, but i am guessing there are not many more than 100-150 and not everyone will buy a shirt. the first batch may go fast, but it is better to have to order more than to have capital sitting idly in a box when it could be used for other projects.

my .02

DingleBerns
May 20th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Great Idea Marty, I will see if I can get some hard numbers as well....I think option 1 is the way to go. I will see who is the cheapest and do a test run of about 100-150 shirts, if they go fast then I'll order more but like marty said, we don't want wasted money just sitting in boxes....

dragos13
May 20th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Hey Derek, I have been using a guy down in littleton. Check with him for prices, tell him Young Blood Racing sent you.

http://www.endangerous.com/

loujr
May 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I saw the shirts that they are making for the indy Moto gp....they are just an outline...and look pretty cool

Wahooman
June 6th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Derek...talked to you briefly at Hastings. I do all the CSC clothing and did the most recent MRA corner worker shirts through a place Glen told me about in Ft. Collins.....they had the MRA logo there.
I was going to get some MRA shirts done 2 years ago, but it fell through. I had some design ideas and was still going to do it at some point just to have some MRA gear available.
Let me know if you want ideas or any input.

JWinter
November 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Here's an idea: instead of putting the #1 plate holder photo on the t-shirts...how about sell the photo shot to the highest bidder. Let's say Marty is the highest bidder at 1 trillion dollars and we get to see his cool little 125 on our shirts for a season. This idea would offset the cost to make up the shirts and then more t-shirts sales profits could go to HPR.

Jeff

T Baggins
November 15th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Killjoy here... the 2010 shirts are already done, minus the actual printing... maybe for 2011?