PDA

View Full Version : Race Suits....??

PremiumBlend
May 16th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I searched "Leather Suits" and "Race Suits" on here, but I pretty much only found either suits for sale, suits that were already sold, or someone looking to just buy a suit.

I don't know what I am looking for, as a noob can someone help me out?

I'm looking for an affordable 1 piece suit that fits nicely, and by fitting nicely something that I will be comfortable in. These are leather suits, so am I going to have to walk around the house for a couple weeks wearing this to break it in? I've heard of the more popular brands obviously but maybe you guys have heard of/used different types of suits that work really well and are around $500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I don't know if this helps but I'm between 5'9 - 5'10, and right at 160lbs. What type of sizing would that "typically" be?

PremiumBlend
May 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
PS.. Even MORE of a noob questions, what do you guys normally wear underneath?

dragos13
May 16th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Well, first off I must say that Spidi leathers are high quality and its the only brand I personally use. Of course there are many great brands, and it really comes down to personal preference. Check www.motonation.com for some sale items and other stuff.

You are about my size. I'm around 5'10" 155lbs and wear a size 40. Last year I was a little heavier, and wore a 42. I prefer to have my suit fit TIGHT. It will help prevent injury. IMO, the tighter the better. You wont need to wear it around the house to break it in. Just wear it during a trackday or something and after mid day you should be fine. Or just be like Dingle and show up on the race weekend with a new suit thats too tight lol. Sorry bro :twisted:

As for underneath, I wear under armour. You can have the cold gear for off season, and the warm gear for hot ass pueblo.

Just remember, a suit is a lot like a helmet. You get what you pay for and its an item that you should NOT skimp on. It could mean the difference between getting back out there the same day, or heading to the hospital.

Lel399
May 16th, 2008, 12:29 PM
for cheaper I am a fan of the Fieldsheer.

For good I like the RS-Taichi and Spidi suits.

PremiumBlend
May 16th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I've seen suits go for $1000, is $500 seriously low-balling it? I'm not thinking new, I'm thinking used for my 1st season, what should I look for in terms of damage? (Rips, tears, shotty repairs?)

DingleBerns
May 16th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I don't wear anything under my suit! :D

PremiumBlend
May 16th, 2008, 01:48 PM
TMI my friend, T....M....I! LOL

Lel399
May 16th, 2008, 02:03 PM

:shock: ouch that has to cause some serious chafing :lol:

hcr25
May 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Im very sure i dont want to see a camel toe in race leathers. :lol:

cromer611
May 16th, 2008, 07:42 PM
PS.. Even MORE of a noob questions, what do you guys normally wear underneath?

im naked under mine.
with extra monkey butt powder :wink:

Ninja Nate
May 16th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I have 2 Hein Gericke one piece suits. One went through a high side that held up reasonably well (minor repairs). My other one I couldn't beat the deal with a stick, it has suffered a high speed low side and only one area that needs mending. Not sure when my next suit purchase will be, but I will seriously consider another Hein Gericke. They both have removable liners (very highly recommend any suit you purchase to have a removable liner)

And I wear under armor/sweat pulling gear under my suit.

8)