PDA

View Full Version : American Wildcard for WSBK at Miller

Clarkie
May 15th, 2008, 07:23 PM
So we just found out today that my bro-in-law (and our current basement dweller) Scott Jensen got word that he has a Wild Card for the WSBK event at Miller Motorsports Park. At this stage he is the ONLY American that has been offered a wildcard for the event 8)

Doing the WSBK event along with the AMA SBK/Superstock races comes with it's own list of logistical headaches, like since his AMA SBK is also his WSBK the wheels and tires from one event cant go anywhere near the the other area. It's to do with the control tire setup, he cant use his US tires for the WSBK or the WSBK tires for the AMA event.

The schedule for him is nuts as well, he is on track for almost 7 hours on Saturday and will have the AMA SBK #1 race, back to back with the AMA Superstock race, back to back with WSBK Superpole if he makes top 16 cutoff. On Sunday he has WSBK #1, then AMA #2, then WSBK #2, then we get drunk :D

The other huge factor in doing the WSBK weekend is the cost, so if you feel so inclined and want to help out the American Wildcard you can go to Scott's website ( http://moto-garageracing.com/pages/donate.html ) and click the donate button :D

Lel399
May 15th, 2008, 07:53 PM
thats is pretty cool! congrats scott!

Ray-Ray
May 16th, 2008, 05:06 AM
That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Racing616
May 16th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Rock, go go scooter!

clowe
May 16th, 2008, 08:44 AM
AWESOME!!!

Clarkie
May 20th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Since Kelly and Greg ( www.trackstar1.com ) have come on board as the official shop, I talked to my Dyno business partner and we have kicked in with $1000 to match them as the Official Dyno ( www.moto-garage.com ) :D

Thanks to Marty, 12 Volt! is the official "lets get really hammered after we get back" Bar 8)

We have almost raised $5000 from donations ranging from $10-$1000 which is mind blowing, but with the WSBK entry fee coming in at around $9000 (includes entry and tires) we still have a way to go.

Lets keep this rolling! =D>