PDA

View Full Version : Pony express race thanks.

cosp600rr
May 12th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I just wanted to thank Mark and Tammy for putting on such a fun event. It was a blast to run and see how everybodies stratagies played out in the end.

Would also like to thank Chris Dale for doing the timing and scoring and to everybody that donated stuff to be raffled off. It was and amazing weekend and I hope we get to do it again next year.

James W
May 12th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I'll second that response! As a member of Team Grosse ya out, I enjoyed racing with Mat & Rick! I look forward to spending my free track days! My wife has already taken care of the prize $$$!! A special thanks to all of the sponsors, cornerworkers, ambulance crew, the PMI gang ( Earlene & Jay) and a big =D> =D> shout out to Mark and Tammy for organizing the event!!! I look forward to next year!! Thanks!!!!!

sheispoison
May 12th, 2008, 09:32 PM
It was awesome! I had a really good time, even though I had to run the majority of the race due to a crash and breakdown on my team! Oh well, more track time for me!! Thanks to the Vanmar crew and everyone at PMP!
carl

kinzler_998
May 12th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I still think you guys cheated!! haha It was a great time! and what a finish!! it was pretty dang close!!! after brown when out for the finally 30 minutes john burr, mark and i were doing all these math equations in our head trying to figure out if browny was going to catch up to james and we figured out we were going to run outa time! it was crazy not knowing who was in the lead till the very last couple minutes! Thanks mark and tammy! You guys ROCK!!! And a big thanks to earlene and PMP for doing another awsome job as usual!! Congrats to "Team Grosse Ya Out!!" But be warned! "Team Liftin our Skirts up and showing our walnuts" are already planning a top secrect strategy to dethrown you guys next year!! haha 8) Again awsome job to every who made this thing happen! It was great not having to wait a whole month to race!

cosp600rr
May 12th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Its all in the pitstops. We rocked the pitstops

James W
May 12th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah! But, if you guys want to know the truth, I took a short cut from turn 2 to turn 7, just to keep up with Browny! Just joking!! [-X

Vanmar Racing
May 12th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Mark and I want to send out a big THANK YOU to all the people who helped make the Pony Express happen.

To Big Mike, Chris and Cassie Papajohn for working the hotlane. They drove drove down to Pueblo just to lend a hand!

Thanks to Lincoln Todd and his posse of guys that worked the corners for the race!
Thanks to Gerry Signorelli and his MOM for helping with corner working and keeping the crossover safe.

Thanks to Earlene and Jay and all the Pueblo crew for all their help!!!

Thanks to Chris Dale for doing the timing and scoring for us! Without him we would still be trying to figure out the handicaps so everyone had a chance of winning. Oh and who actually won the race!

Thanks to all the shops that donated prizes for the racers. We had some great gifts thanks to all of you!

Thanks to the racers who entered, we hope you all had fun.

And Thanks to all the MOMs who let their family members come to the track on their special day!

benfoxmra95
May 12th, 2008, 10:49 PM
They cheated, most definately!!!!

I'd like to say thanks as well....

It was a good time!!!!!

Thanks to all the sponsors who ponied up the goods for the raffle!!!

I can't wait, I'm gonna be running as fast as Clarkie once he tunes my R1. :shock:

And I'm gonna be lookin as cool as Jeff Brown, after I'm all Tatted up by Chris Fuller..!!! 8)

WoooooEFFENhooooo!!!!!!!

Don't worry Clark, when we tune my bike, I won't have much to test, Just 5 different races fuels and 6 differnt cam timing specs, and 4 different ignition timing sweeps. Can we get that done in a day?

Vanmar Racing
May 12th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Definition of Ironic....

Tuner Ben Fox wins a dyno session with Aaron Clark with a random raffle ticket that is the number 095!!!

Ben....go to Vegas NOW!!!!

benfoxmra95
May 13th, 2008, 12:19 AM
When I got the 95 ticket, I knew it was my day. The sun shines on a dog's butt every once in awhile.

Vegas.....hmmmm.....maybe I should go with clark. We'd tear that place apart. Strippers and gambling and strippers and riding at pahrump and strippers and drinking(well at least for clark)and strippers......and oh yeah we might hit a strip bar too..

cosp600rr
May 13th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I would also like to thank my team members form the race. James Wilkerson and Rick Grosse. Without these guys I probably wouldn't have made the race. My bike troubles just kept pileing on all the way into qualifying and the kept at it until everything was good. Thanks for the help guys and I hope at hastings its more riding and less working on the bike.

cosp600rr
May 13th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Hey Tammy got any of those pics of the cheating winning team :D

Clarkie
May 13th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Definition of Ironic....

Tuner Ben Fox wins a dyno session with Aaron Clark with a random raffle ticket that is the number 095!!!

Ben....go to Vegas NOW!!!!

i laughed my ass of when I heard you won it Ben, what are the chances of a guy with his own dyno winning a free dyno tune from another guy with his own dyno :lol:

TRK
May 13th, 2008, 07:01 AM
it is 530AM what is wrong with you?

Throttleroller277
May 13th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Vegas.....hmmmm.....maybe I should go with clark. We'd tear that place apart. Strippers and gambling and strippers and riding at pahrump and strippers and drinking(well at least for clark)and strippers......and oh yeah we might hit a strip bar too..

If Clarkie doesn't want to go.................I'm in!! 8)

Scored51
May 13th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I have to add that I had a lot of fun as well, and I really hope we can do it again. Running a handicap race was a brilliant idea. For any numbers geeks out there, the margin of victory was only 1 minute and 9 seconds. The other piece of info I have is the difference between the two fastest teams after an hour and a half calculated out to less than 1 second! This was based on their qualifying times.

Oh, I almost forgot! I'd also like to thank Mr. Wilkerson for his generous "donation" to lower his team's handicap! :twisted:

cosp600rr
May 13th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Oh, I almost forgot! I'd also like to thank Mr. Wilkerson for his generous "donation" to lower his team's handicap! :twisted:

I am fairly certain that I was the handicap on our team.

Spicee Brown
May 13th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks Mark and tammy, so sorry you busted your butt in the am to get me out..only to have your work go in vain. I shoulda skipped practice!
Big thanks to Lincoln and the cornerworks , for letting me ride a nice comfy crash trailer back!
..Sorry to me team mates Douggie Bobbie and the Eaton show, It was my bloody idea and I didnt even get to help out with laps!
Good job everybody, good luck in Hastings!
Dave Strain, Colorado Powersports

Hotrod
May 13th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I also had a blast and was thrilled to be a part of it all. :D

Cold tires suck, huh? :D
Did your scratched knuckle heal up ok?
I am glad that that was the worst RACING injury we had... Silly Dave, Scooters are for people with approved footwear. :twisted:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 13th, 2008, 03:40 PM
i laughed my ass of when I heard you won it Ben, what are the chances of a guy with his own dyno winning a free dyno tune from another guy with his own dyno :lol:
Hey Ben, can I use your dyno tune on my Piggish Aprilia? :P

Earlene
May 13th, 2008, 06:15 PM
WHAT A TERRIFIC MOTHER'S DAY !!!! I just want to thank Mark, Tammy, Katie-Kate and all my bike dudes and dudettes for making this a Mother's Day I'll never forget. The day ROCKED !

Ene

Spicee Brown
May 13th, 2008, 06:18 PM
..I had 2 days at work to show everyone my ( said in baritone voice..) "race injury"..
Now I need parts for my injured bike!
Thanks for the scratched knuckle inquiry!
Good luck healing up soon, Gallant. THAT..I heard, was ugly.

dave.gallant
May 13th, 2008, 06:59 PM

The EMTs were half asleep enjoying the morning sun when I rolled up, but I think I woke them up good when they saw the angle my toe was sitting at. :shock:

All will be good in due time, and I am glad to hear that most people left with just some scrapes and bruises.

I was really most disappointed I didn't get to do the race with my 125GP teammate and lay the smack down on all the diesels. Next time! :)

A big thanks to all of the sponsors of the product & services for the race!

marty
May 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM

The EMTs were half asleep enjoying the morning sun when I rolled up, but I think I woke them up good when they saw the angle my toe was sitting at. :shock:

All will be good in due time, and I am glad to hear that most people left with just some scrapes and bruises.

I was really most disappointed I didn't get to do the race with my 125GP teammate and lay the smack down on all the diesels. Next time! :)

A big thanks to all of the sponsors of the product & services for the race!

oh and i am pretty sure we would have been the team to beat also :lol: :lol: with the difference in times we would have had one hell of an average e.t. lap time. next year, it will be game on :twisted:

Scored51
May 14th, 2008, 07:52 AM
RESULTS!!!

For those of you who weren't there and curious about the results, here they are:

1. Grosse Ya Out - Matt Muldoon/James Wilkerson/Rick Grosse
2. Take Our Skirts Off and Show Our Walnuts - Zach Kinsler/Jeff Brown/John Burr
3. Gentleman Sexy - Jim Wilson/Ben Fox
4. Barely Legal - Doug Kahl/Dale Eaton
5. Heavy Metal Thunder - Carlton Sorensen/Chris Sorensen/Patrick King
6. Outbrake Racing - Matt Seinkiewicz/Joe Turek/Joe Catalino
7. Team Curdy - Jason Curdy/Daniel Curdy
8. 12Volt and a Goat - (DNS) Marty Hester/Dave Gallant

Fastest Lap - Ben Fox 1:35.769 at 84.579 mph

The "Iron Man" of the event was definitely Doug Kahl. Not only was several minutes late for his start time, he battled back and forth with Ben for the fastest lap honors, and nearly rode the entire race himself when his teammates had issues even before the race started.

Throttleroller277
May 14th, 2008, 09:25 AM
RESULTS!!!

The "Iron Man" of the event was definitely Doug Kahl. Not only was several minutes late for his start time, he battled back and forth with Ben for the fastest lap honors, and nearly rode the entire race himself when his teammates had issues even before the race started.

His teammate always has issues!!! 8)

dave.gallant
May 14th, 2008, 09:50 AM
What I want to know is who won the sweeeeet artwork certificates from Chris Fuller's Junkyard Ink?

( http://www.junkyardink.com/ )

I was gunning for those!!

benfoxmra95
May 14th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I got one of fuller's gift certificates.

I can't wait, I've been looked for an excuse to get tat's like jeff brown. Full sleeves....at the very least.

Now all I have to do is get my body fat percentage down to 6% like him, :roll:

dave.gallant
May 14th, 2008, 10:17 AM

I can't wait, I've been looked for an excuse to get tat's like jeff brown. Full sleeves....at the very least.

Jeeesh - You got the Dyno run AND a Junkyard Ink cert? I am jealous! :)

benfoxmra95
May 14th, 2008, 10:22 AM
im not sure what to do with the dyno tuning thing with clark....

I might try to find an old honda with a six cylinder engine and have him rejet and synch the carbs.

I need some ideas if anyone has got them. What's the hardest bike in the planet to get the carbs on and off of? 99 r6's are in the top 5 in my list, any others?

dave.gallant
May 14th, 2008, 10:25 AM
...I have heard the old V4 Hondas are quite a pain in the a$$, but never experienced it myself.

The '99 R6 is worse than the R1, but the stock carbs slide in compared to flat slides which are a real pain in the rear.

So if you go that route, find some flatslides and have them tuned on an 1999 R6...:)

Throttleroller277
May 14th, 2008, 11:06 AM

5.6% 8)

benfoxmra95
May 14th, 2008, 11:17 AM
5.6% 8)

I'll catch you, another 7.6% to go....maybe by the end of the summer.

dirkterrell
May 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM
...I have heard the old V4 Hondas are quite a pain in the a$$, but never experienced it myself.

They are. I've got several. :D

Dirk

cosp600rr
May 14th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I got the other Fuller gift certificate. Don't have any tats yet so not sure what to do. My wife wants it so maybe she should get a tat.

gyrtr1
May 14th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I would like to thank............ my stuff. In addition to Jamie Wilkerson and Matty Muldoon for their spectacular contribution. Yes its true..... We rocked. Thanks to Mark and Tammi and all the sponsors of this event that made it what it was. Maybe this can be a new beginning to future events like this? Maybe our saturday solo endurance can be replaced with this type of participation? I would be more inclined to participate. As long as can keep them same players in the Grosse Me Out team. Thanks again James and Matt. It was probably the best race I have experienced by far!!!!! Mark and Tammi..... Jen wants my toothbrush.

1ofTheBoys
May 14th, 2008, 09:48 PM
im not sure what to do with the dyno tuning thing with clark....

I might try to find an old honda with a six cylinder engine and have him rejet and synch the carbs.

I need some ideas if anyone has got them. What's the hardest bike in the planet to get the carbs on and off of? 99 r6's are in the top 5 in my list, any others?

Hey Ben, I have an 01 R6 that needs dyno tuning. Is that one hard enough.

dave.gallant
May 14th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Anyone have a nitrous bike? That has got to be hard to tune...

Clarkie
May 14th, 2008, 10:39 PM
i did a DS650 quad with a GSXR1000 motor installed and on the juice not long ago :D

Ben feel free to sell/transfer/regift that dyno tune, doesnt worry me who's bike rolls on the dyno :)

gyrtr1
May 14th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Ben, I would love to benefit from that dyno tune.

Rick #259

Scorekeeper
May 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM
It was a great mothers day...and Ben, I thought you were gonna put nitrous on my scooter for me. Could we dyno that? and yes....Captain America Saving the planet one lap at a time :D
Chris

Vanmar Racing
May 17th, 2008, 10:15 PM
WINNERS!!!!

http://i31.tinypic.com/ivcmdg.jpg